Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Question for all the Masters out there....

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 18, 2009
186
I was wondering if the impression I'm getting is true. Am I to believe that when one reaches Level 50 in this game, they are maxed out? Meaning there is no more leveling up?

I ask this because I am in DS now and I am currently a Level 46 Master Pyromancer. I just started my first actual quest in DS and I can't help but to notice that the health levels of the enemies are all above 850 (some even over 1100). So with this, the XP is alot better than any other world so far. This is all great and it will help me reach Level 50 sooner but that's just it, is that the end? I get to Level 50 and I'm done?

Please let me know if I'm right in this impression.

Thanks,

Hunter SilverHeart

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
339
Well, first of all, I shouldn't be judging you but I'm pretty sure your topic should be called "A Question for all the GRANDMasters out there...."

But anyway, this is what I understood too. I'm only level 43, but I have read other topics that say "Why am I not gaining experience?" and the people who write them are usually Grandmasters. But I wonder if that experience is forever lost... would it be useless to continue doing quests after reaching Grandmaster status? What if you haven't made it to Malistaire by that time? I would like some kind of confirmation that this exp. will not be lost. I think that all the exp. you gain after Grandmaster should be added to you when they raise the level limit.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2008
38
Even if you reach lv 50, you still get to do quests until you finish DS. KI is going to make 5 more future worlds, so you dont have to worry about finishing the whole game. Plus, you will still get to make 5 more characters.

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
137
Level 50 is currently the max level in the game. You will likely reach it before finishing all the quests in Dragonspyre.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
11
Yes, once you get to 50 you can no longer level up. However, once you get to level 50 there are things you can do still. Such as maxing/hunting for badges and collecting for the best gear for your level.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
30
Genki97 wrote:
Even if you reach lv 50, you still get to do quests until you finish DS. KI is going to make 5 more future worlds, so you dont have to worry about finishing the whole game. Plus, you will still get to make 5 more characters.


Do you have any links to information showing where KI said they would be putting out 5 more worlds? I'm not doubting you, just interested.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
83
I was sort of wondering the same thing. I am a level 43 ice mage and I am excited to become a grandmaster some day. If I can not go any higher than level 50 I don't see the reason for me doing anything else after I get to level 50. Does KI have any intention of extending the levels when they add the new worlds? A lot of my grandmaster friends have told me they have "retired" from the game because they have nothing left to do and will not go any higher than level 50. :(

Also, a question, how do you know there will be 5 new worlds? I haven't seen that posted anywhere (then again, I am a new poster and have not got to read a lot of old topics)

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
186
Windlilly wrote:
Well, first of all, I shouldn't be judging you but I'm pretty sure your topic should be called "A Question for all the GRANDMasters out there...."

But anyway, this is what I understood too. I'm only level 43, but I have read other topics that say "Why am I not gaining experience?" and the people who write them are usually Grandmasters. But I wonder if that experience is forever lost... would it be useless to continue doing quests after reaching Grandmaster status? What if you haven't made it to Malistaire by that time? I would like some kind of confirmation that this exp. will not be lost. I think that all the exp. you gain after Grandmaster should be added to you when they raise the level limit.


Lol.....Thanks for the correction Mrs. Sierra WinterBreeze. I did make that slight mistake. And thank you for answering my question. I was not sure how it worked once you reached that point.

Mrs. Winterbreeze, on a side note: I'm looking forward to Version 8. Version 7 definitely left me in suspense....lol

I am excited to here that there may be more to come in the Wizard 101 world. I will be making a new character soon if for nothing else to get the new housing drops from the quests.

Thanks everyone!!

See ya in the Spiral,

Hunter SilverHeart

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
Short answer YES!

When you reach 50 you are done. I was pretty taken back by that fact when i reached it and started four more wizards in different schools.

Not they too are reaching that last leg. Its limiting because even if you have quest left you get NO MORE experience points after the fight and can only get drops and gold. Which means that the game becomes boring.

Even if there were no new worlds leveling would make this interesting. You would be able to get new spells and so on.

At level 50 the only challenge is pvp. And I am not really into that because its not really my bag. But that is the only challenge left for Grandmasters.

Great title but I never use that wiz anymore. I am looking forward to the new worlds and cap lift. I like the game but the cap makes it a game one can only play until it over and then you move on. Had I known it was only 50 limit I may not have joinned.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
30
Sojourna wrote:


Great title but I never use that wiz anymore. I am looking forward to the new worlds and cap lift. I like the game but the cap makes it a game one can only play until it over and then you move on. Had I known it was only 50 limit I may not have joinned.


Plenty of games begin with level caps and over time as they add new content lift the level cap. I am quite sure that Kings Isle plants to do the same with Wizard101.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
78
I may have to disagree with some posters. I personally do not think the game becomes boring after reaching level 50. I reached grandmaster about a week or so ago and have not stopped. First, I do not have all of my endgame items (missing my daggar atm). Secondly, now that the housing is out, I have to collect all of the furnature out there. And thirdly, I am on a mission to maximize my damage potential and efficiency in preparation for the upcoming next world, which personally I can not wait.

Valkoor Titanwraith
Grandmaster Necromancer
Soloed Kensington Park

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
I heard it was. But I wasn't talking about that and wizard101 is the one and only game i play so it was all new when i joined.