Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WildBolt TC shouldnt be used in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2011
I was trying to get my level 18 storm(low health) rank up to at least a commander. So i quick joined a game and was against a journeyman pyromancer( didnt get to see her level, she had a bolt blade which gived her one extra pip), her turn came first and out of nowhere i get smacked with some crazy 1000 wildbolt and the match just ended. i didnt even get to put my shields on me yet.
Is there anyway it was my fault, ijust died like that, without having the time to put up any shields or blades. I can't die without having a turn, in all role playing game, its considered cheating!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Rich1496 wrote:
I was trying to get my level 18 storm(low health) rank up to at least a commander. So i quick joined a game and was against a journeyman pyromancer( didnt get to see her level, she had a bolt blade which gived her one extra pip), her turn came first and out of nowhere i get smacked with some crazy 1000 wildbolt and the match just ended. i didnt even get to put my shields on me yet.
Is there anyway it was my fault, ijust died like that, without having the time to put up any shields or blades. I can't die without having a turn, in all role playing game, its considered cheating!
Not to sound harsh, but a Spell being Cast is not Cheating. You do it every round you don't Pass. Wild Bolt happens to be a Powerful Card, but it is nowhere near Overpowered. She just got lucky that once.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
I once went into a pvp, it was like a level 24 person, and i'm level 52, and I'm ice, he's death :) the first round, he feints, second round, he uses a wild bolt treasure cards and hits the 1000 :( so, i think they shouldn't allow wild bolt treasure cards

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Well that is a problem isn't it. I don't do low lvl pvp because a lot of it revolves around having all the right gear and using tc. They really should put a lvl cap on wild bolt. When you get to a higher lvl then it's not a huge deal to be hit by it so yea.

In your case you got extremely unlucky. But my best advice to you is to use tower shields.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
Wild bolt should be limited though. Most storm people always ending up landing a 1000+ hit anyway. Then once your health is about half way they use insane bolt with AMAZING LUCK AND END UP KILLING YOU ANYWAY. Plus thats all most of them do. And you cant shield insane bolt unless you tower. So far I'm a captain on my balance and every storm I fought who used it never had it backfire on them.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Yea I hear insane bolt has an 20% chance of back firing so that I feel is very annoying. Should be closer to 50:50 chance.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
she casted a treasure card.... its kinda like cheating they should ban treasure cards from being used at pvp, its not right!!!!

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Before anyone else posts their thoughts about how TC's are a way of cheating in PvP, let me remind you of the facts. TC's have always been a part of PvP and although many think like you KI has had the right mind never to completely remove them. KI though has put limits on TC's like insane bolt, talos, and gargantuan. Low level PvP is kind of a mess because high level TC's are being used as attacks and sadly there's way too many cards to try and limit so I recommend waiting until at least level 35 to do some fair PvP.

Defender
May 15, 2010
cece000819 wrote:
she casted a treasure card.... its kinda like cheating they should ban treasure cards from being used at pvp, its not right!!!!
agreed. Low level pvp doesn't even require skill. I try to be fair. As a result, every single one of my characters has a very low rating. One of them is blasted near 200.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
If they have enough gold [bazaar] or enough time [farm/grind] then they should be allowed to use them. You can also use TCs, you know.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
LadyTemara wrote:
Wild bolt should be limited though. Most storm people always ending up landing a 1000+ hit anyway. Then once your health is about half way they use insane bolt with AMAZING LUCK AND END UP KILLING YOU ANYWAY. Plus thats all most of them do. And you cant shield insane bolt unless you tower. So far I'm a captain on my balance and every storm I fought who used it never had it backfire on them.

ok one thing, not many storm wizards use bolts, only the spamming and uncreative ones do. i have been in many pvp matches and only use it as a last ditch to try to win. secondly, half the time the wizard who casts it dies anyway. it was probably just bad luck on your part. usually using only bolts never works

Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
Based on what I've seen with wild bolt i made this rough scale of the likeliness if each damage happening. 10: 30% 100: 50% 1000: 20%

So pretty much the wizard you faced, just got really lucky

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
It isn't your fault, just people trying to get fake wins. Btw I hate Wild Bolt.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2012
Defender
Sep 29, 2008
every one needs to stop complaining about other schools and bolt wild bolt is as the name describes wild its not a big deal it just happens to rarely kill if you want to live from it level up instead of coming on message boards to complain that you got killed by a tc cause your health was low at the very least get more than 1000 hp so you can survive a bolt and be on your merry way owning what ever school you face if you got the skill to but storm had a ton of trade offs which is why its so strong and just so you know bolt used to be 1000 every time it hit but with high fizz rate so now that its actually balanced no one should be complaining especially since a tc can't be enchanted with anything else.