Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wild Bolt is ridiculously overpowered in PvP

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 02, 2009
73
Wild bolt is over powered? Wild Bolt has a 10% rate of fire. Wild Bolt is like a lottery ticket. Does it fizzle a lot... understatement. Do trees fall in the forest if no one hears them? The only reason I use them is when they go off they are awesome. There is no way to get wild bolt to fire consistently. Even adding accuracy to them means a 25% chance of firing. Black mantle or judgement are worse spells. Take a 70% spell and reduce it by 40 or 45%. The math works out to be 25 to 30% after that. Try earthquake then wild bolt in a darkwind. Strip the sheilds and absorbs. 1250 points.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
Wackyantman10 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Yes, i seriously disagree with you. Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles. And anyway, put a storm shield and tower shield on yourself and the most it can do is about 300 damage. And so what if it is 1000 damage? Thats not that much for me. I call hits "good ones" when they hit 2700 damage or 3000. So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT!
i'm with him/her (i didnt look at the name)


LOL, i am a girl.

Survivor
May 07, 2009
1
Bolt may not be OP at higher levels, but as a lvl 16 toon (with 1060 health), I have only ONE shot at defeating someone who uses wild bolt. IF I get to go first, and IF I have one of my storm shields available, I can cast it on the 2nd round. Then, I'm ok IF their bolt actually hits. Otherwise, they just wand off my shield and keep recasting bolt every turn until it does hit.

Other than that pure luck (which, when it does happen, is SOOO gratifying I must say), I really don't know how I am supposed to win.

I have faced lvl 7 "commanders" who only use bolt, and it is just ridiculous.

Using Wild Bolt against low level players in PVP takes ZERO skill and is truly an unfair advantage.

If someone thinks I'm wrong and can actually tell me how to defeat bolters, please share the strategy. Of course, one must keep in mind that you never know when you will actually fight someone who will use bolt (although I can mostly tell when I get in the fight and see a "Commander" who is "Hero of Unicorn Way"), so I can't just stack my deck with all storm shields...

Thanks!

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
67
IamLezul wrote:
Yes, i seriously disagree with you. Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles. And anyway, put a storm shield and tower shield on yourself and the most it can do is about 300 damage. And so what if it is 1000 damage? Thats not that much for me. I call hits "good ones" when they hit 2700 damage or 3000. So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT!


Bad post. Wild bolt doesn't ALWAYS fizzle because if it ALWAYS fizzled then we wouldn't have a PROBLEM with it. It can reach to a 40%+ accuracy, that's almost a 50/50 chance of it hitting.

Not everyone will draw a storm shield or tower shield at the exact moment a person will wild bolt and even if so, if they go first and hit you and then you shield yourself, what point would that have been? You just put a storm shield on you and a wild bolt hit you and they're near full pips still and can hit you with Helephant still? Nice joke.

By the way, 1,000 damage is an incredible amount of damage in PvP just incase you haven't noticed or haven't pvped at all. Getting a 2,700 damage in PvP is impossible and same with 3,000. If this has ever been done then you're just either doing a practice match or vsing complete noobs who are below the rank of 200.

So no, us people won't stop our BLABBERING about wild bolt because it's a broken spell as a treasure card. Get your facts straight before posting again.

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
66
IamLezul wrote:
Yes, i seriously disagree with you. Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles. And anyway, put a storm shield and tower shield on yourself and the most it can do is about 300 damage. And so what if it is 1000 damage? Thats not that much for me. I call hits "good ones" when they hit 2700 damage or 3000. So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to me like you haven't done much (or any) ranked PvP. So what if it is 1000 damage? Let's consider the fact that Wild Bolt only requires 2 pips. That's 500 damage per pip. A heal card averages about 200-250 health per pip. If you are hit by a Wild Bolt (which, does NOT always fizzle, players are able to bring its accuracy to 45% with arena/DS Storm gear, and higher than that with Precision/Lightning Strike), odds are your opponent is going to hit you again. There is no way you'll have the healing power to compensate for the Wild Bolt damage. One more thing to point out, Wild Bolters (as I call them) ALWAYS carry a Storm wand. Who cares about your Storm shields? They'll just knock them out of the way, and then proceed to slam you with another 1000 damage Wild Bolt. :?

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
qXiLL wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Yes, i seriously disagree with you. Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles. And anyway, put a storm shield and tower shield on yourself and the most it can do is about 300 damage. And so what if it is 1000 damage? Thats not that much for me. I call hits "good ones" when they hit 2700 damage or 3000. So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT!


Bad post. Wild bolt doesn't ALWAYS fizzle because if it ALWAYS fizzled then we wouldn't have a PROBLEM with it. It can reach to a 40%+ accuracy, that's almost a 50/50 chance of it hitting.

Not everyone will draw a storm shield or tower shield at the exact moment a person will wild bolt and even if so, if they go first and hit you and then you shield yourself, what point would that have been? You just put a storm shield on you and a wild bolt hit you and they're near full pips still and can hit you with Helephant still? Nice joke.

By the way, 1,000 damage is an incredible amount of damage in PvP just incase you haven't noticed or haven't pvped at all. Getting a 2,700 damage in PvP is impossible and same with 3,000. If this has ever been done then you're just either doing a practice match or vsing complete noobs who are below the rank of 200.

So no, us people won't stop our BLABBERING about wild bolt because it's a broken spell as a treasure card. Get your facts straight before posting again.


Oh really? For your information i always hit 2700 damage regularly on ranked matches. And you know what? I have my opinon and you have yours, but please, stop being such a smarty pants. I will post what i want to post and you will post what you want to. Your also making me look stupid which i find very annoying.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
33
Wildbolt has so low of a pip cost because it has only 10% chance that it will hit; which in return it does 1000 damage because of it being very low chance that it will not fizzle.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
12
HarryPotter123987 wrote:
Wildbolt has so low of a pip cost because it has only 10% chance that it will hit; which in return it does 1000 damage because of it being very low chance that it will not fizzle.


Harry we all understand this is the nature of wild bolt.

The problem is that multiple wild bolt fizzles can be followed by high damage cards using all those pips that have been saved from all those fizzles. Suddenly you are dead!

Community Leader
I AGREE with the original post. Wild Bolt is overly powerful. And I'll cite the following facts that contradict what others have commented.

1) wild bolt is only 10% accurate
Most wild bolts used in PVP are at minimum 20% accurate and often 30% accurate if the user has used Sniper on it. Add to that the extra accuracy given by the arena cloths. You have a deadly weapon that fires at least 30% of the time as a 20% bolt and 40% of the time as a 30% bolt (given the boost by arena gear). Add to that if someone puts a balance 20% accuracy boost on themselves you're looking at a full 50% chance.

2) I win against wild bolters 90% of the time
This is true ONLY if the wild bolter is using 10% non treasure bolts.

A typical scenario for wild bolt in arena now is:
a) a healer will wild bolt every turn until they have enough pips for rebirth, then return to wild bolts every turn (typically they will kill one player before they have a rebirth up)

b) each member of a 4 vs 4 battle will wild bolt with snipered bolts until they have enough pips for their main attack. This happened to me and my team last week. A bunch of my friends wanted a fun friend battle and we got insulted, sworn at and wild bolted turn after turn until we were all dead. Each member of the opposing team wild bolted every round. Only 4 school spells were cast on their side in the entire battle. In the first round 2 bolts hit and killed one of our players. The second round they killed another in the same way. The last two players took longer to kill but I was hit no less than 4 times during that battle.

Chain bolting is drammatically unfair when it is well organized. If anyone needs a demonstration to show the effects of organized snipered bolting I know some people who do it on a dialy basis. I'm sure they'll be happy to give a demonstration.

I have no issue taking one hit from a wild bolt in any given round of arena... but I do believe that there should be a limit to how many snipered bolts can be cast.

3) Storm wizards don't have an advantage in arena
And I do agree that storm wizards have an unfair advantage already in Arena... all you have to do is check the number of storm wizards level 40 and under who have full arena gear. Most storm wizards I know are Commander or Warlord level by level 30. Typically a non storm wizard cannot get to that level without being a grand master. Just do a quick database search and find out. The advantage of storm wizards in arena will become apparent.

Valerian Nightbringer

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
67
IamLezul wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Yes, i seriously disagree with you. Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles. And anyway, put a storm shield and tower shield on yourself and the most it can do is about 300 damage. And so what if it is 1000 damage? Thats not that much for me. I call hits "good ones" when they hit 2700 damage or 3000. So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT!


Bad post. Wild bolt doesn't ALWAYS fizzle because if it ALWAYS fizzled then we wouldn't have a PROBLEM with it. It can reach to a 40%+ accuracy, that's almost a 50/50 chance of it hitting.

Not everyone will draw a storm shield or tower shield at the exact moment a person will wild bolt and even if so, if they go first and hit you and then you shield yourself, what point would that have been? You just put a storm shield on you and a wild bolt hit you and they're near full pips still and can hit you with Helephant still? Nice joke.

By the way, 1,000 damage is an incredible amount of damage in PvP just incase you haven't noticed or haven't pvped at all. Getting a 2,700 damage in PvP is impossible and same with 3,000. If this has ever been done then you're just either doing a practice match or vsing complete noobs who are below the rank of 200.

So no, us people won't stop our BLABBERING about wild bolt because it's a broken spell as a treasure card. Get your facts straight before posting again.


Oh really? For your information i always hit 2700 damage regularly on ranked matches. And you know what? I have my opinon and you have yours, but please, stop being such a smarty pants. I will post what i want to post and you will post what you want to. Your also making me look stupid which i find very annoying.


I encourage you to play me in PvP and try to hit for 2,700 damage. You have your own opinion just like I have mine, but you also posted your opinion on a public discussion forum which in turn people can reply to. If you don't want criticism on your opinion. Besides that, you didn't JUST post your opinion, you tried to state facts.
Examples of your "Facts":
1) "Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles
2) "Tower shield yourself or storm shield, it'll mitigate all the damage, and then you're ok!"
3) "So what if it's 1,000 damage? That's not much for me.. I do 2,700 to 3,000 damage in RANKED matches on a daily basis"

To top that off, you ended your statements with "So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT! ". This just encourage us "blabberers" to reply to your post or "opinionated post" as you would call it even though it's really not.

I'm sorry if you think I'm making you look stupid, it's not an intentional desire, but none the less arguing my point and many others on the whole wild bolt being a treasure card issue when people like yourself defend the issue with a terrible defense.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
qXiLL wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Yes, i seriously disagree with you. Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles. And anyway, put a storm shield and tower shield on yourself and the most it can do is about 300 damage. And so what if it is 1000 damage? Thats not that much for me. I call hits "good ones" when they hit 2700 damage or 3000. So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT!


Bad post. Wild bolt doesn't ALWAYS fizzle because if it ALWAYS fizzled then we wouldn't have a PROBLEM with it. It can reach to a 40%+ accuracy, that's almost a 50/50 chance of it hitting.

Not everyone will draw a storm shield or tower shield at the exact moment a person will wild bolt and even if so, if they go first and hit you and then you shield yourself, what point would that have been? You just put a storm shield on you and a wild bolt hit you and they're near full pips still and can hit you with Helephant still? Nice joke.

By the way, 1,000 damage is an incredible amount of damage in PvP just incase you haven't noticed or haven't pvped at all. Getting a 2,700 damage in PvP is impossible and same with 3,000. If this has ever been done then you're just either doing a practice match or vsing complete noobs who are below the rank of 200.

So no, us people won't stop our BLABBERING about wild bolt because it's a broken spell as a treasure card. Get your facts straight before posting again.


Oh really? For your information i always hit 2700 damage regularly on ranked matches. And you know what? I have my opinon and you have yours, but please, stop being such a smarty pants. I will post what i want to post and you will post what you want to. Your also making me look stupid which i find very annoying.


I encourage you to play me in PvP and try to hit for 2,700 damage. You have your own opinion just like I have mine, but you also posted your opinion on a public discussion forum which in turn people can reply to. If you don't want criticism on your opinion. Besides that, you didn't JUST post your opinion, you tried to state facts.
Examples of your "Facts":
1) "Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles
2) "Tower shield yourself or storm shield, it'll mitigate all the damage, and then you're ok!"
3) "So what if it's 1,000 damage? That's not much for me.. I do 2,700 to 3,000 damage in RANKED matches on a daily basis"

To top that off, you ended your statements with "So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT! ". This just encourage us "blabberers" to reply to your post or "opinionated post" as you would call it even though it's really not.

I'm sorry if you think I'm making you look stupid, it's not an intentional desire, but none the less arguing my point and many others on the whole wild bolt being a treasure card issue when people like yourself defend the issue with a terrible defense.


Hah, i would LOVE to play you in pvp! Then i would finally prove to you that 2700 damage is sooo easy to hit! I guess you have never heard of Ms. Judgement, have you? With 7 power pips, my hex, bladestorm and balance blade, you'll be blown off your feet faster then you can say "Hasta La Vista Baby!" But if your too scared to play me, its ok, you can back out. Mwhahahahahaha!

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
67
IamLezul wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Yes, i seriously disagree with you. Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles. And anyway, put a storm shield and tower shield on yourself and the most it can do is about 300 damage. And so what if it is 1000 damage? Thats not that much for me. I call hits "good ones" when they hit 2700 damage or 3000. So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT!


Bad post. Wild bolt doesn't ALWAYS fizzle because if it ALWAYS fizzled then we wouldn't have a PROBLEM with it. It can reach to a 40%+ accuracy, that's almost a 50/50 chance of it hitting.

Not everyone will draw a storm shield or tower shield at the exact moment a person will wild bolt and even if so, if they go first and hit you and then you shield yourself, what point would that have been? You just put a storm shield on you and a wild bolt hit you and they're near full pips still and can hit you with Helephant still? Nice joke.

By the way, 1,000 damage is an incredible amount of damage in PvP just incase you haven't noticed or haven't pvped at all. Getting a 2,700 damage in PvP is impossible and same with 3,000. If this has ever been done then you're just either doing a practice match or vsing complete noobs who are below the rank of 200.

So no, us people won't stop our BLABBERING about wild bolt because it's a broken spell as a treasure card. Get your facts straight before posting again.


Oh really? For your information i always hit 2700 damage regularly on ranked matches. And you know what? I have my opinon and you have yours, but please, stop being such a smarty pants. I will post what i want to post and you will post what you want to. Your also making me look stupid which i find very annoying.


I encourage you to play me in PvP and try to hit for 2,700 damage. You have your own opinion just like I have mine, but you also posted your opinion on a public discussion forum which in turn people can reply to. If you don't want criticism on your opinion. Besides that, you didn't JUST post your opinion, you tried to state facts.
Examples of your "Facts":
1) "Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles
2) "Tower shield yourself or storm shield, it'll mitigate all the damage, and then you're ok!"
3) "So what if it's 1,000 damage? That's not much for me.. I do 2,700 to 3,000 damage in RANKED matches on a daily basis"

To top that off, you ended your statements with "So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT! ". This just encourage us "blabberers" to reply to your post or "opinionated post" as you would call it even though it's really not.

I'm sorry if you think I'm making you look stupid, it's not an intentional desire, but none the less arguing my point and many others on the whole wild bolt being a treasure card issue when people like yourself defend the issue with a terrible defense.


Hah, i would LOVE to play you in pvp! Then i would finally prove to you that 2700 damage is sooo easy to hit! I guess you have never heard of Ms. Judgement, have you? With 7 power pips, my hex, bladestorm and balance blade, you'll be blown off your feet faster then you can say "Hasta La Vista Baby!" But if your too scared to play me, its ok, you can back out. Mwhahahahahaha!

Ign is Blaze Firewielder. In realm Kelvin, area 2 right now.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
203
For arena matchs why not give a option to useT-cards or not in a ranked match,then that way you can choose to use them or not.

If you choose a match with T-cards then you know what can happen,you could get bolted alot,and if you choose no T-cards then you you use only your own school spells in the match.(that means no T-cards heals)

If you are going to stop one spell from being made into a T-cards like wild-bolts why not wrath,helephant,centor,triton,ice giant,stop making T-cards all togther that way no one can have them.

T-cards have a place in the game when doing quests and missions,but i do feel that in a ranked match you should use your own school spells to win.


Michael RedBlood/Death Grandmaster

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
67
Zzatdragon wrote:
For arena matchs why not give a option to useT-cards or not in a ranked match,then that way you can choose to use them or not.

If you choose a match with T-cards then you know what can happen,you could get bolted alot,and if you choose no T-cards then you you use only your own school spells in the match.(that means no T-cards heals)

If you are going to stop one spell from being made into a T-cards like wild-bolts why not wrath,helephant,centor,triton,ice giant,stop making T-cards all togther that way no one can have them.

T-cards have a place in the game when doing quests and missions,but i do feel that in a ranked match you should use your own school spells to win.


Michael RedBlood/Death Grandmaster


Having the option of being able to either join a treasure card game or not would most likely be successful as well. People don't bother using treasure wraiths, helephants, centaurs, tritons, ice giants because all of them will take 6-7 pips if they aren't those certain types of wizards.

Beguile only takes 3, as wild bolt only takes 2 and they both can be overly abused.

So, I can agree on that idea.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
qXiLL wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
qXiLL wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Yes, i seriously disagree with you. Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles. And anyway, put a storm shield and tower shield on yourself and the most it can do is about 300 damage. And so what if it is 1000 damage? Thats not that much for me. I call hits "good ones" when they hit 2700 damage or 3000. So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT!


Bad post. Wild bolt doesn't ALWAYS fizzle because if it ALWAYS fizzled then we wouldn't have a PROBLEM with it. It can reach to a 40%+ accuracy, that's almost a 50/50 chance of it hitting.

Not everyone will draw a storm shield or tower shield at the exact moment a person will wild bolt and even if so, if they go first and hit you and then you shield yourself, what point would that have been? You just put a storm shield on you and a wild bolt hit you and they're near full pips still and can hit you with Helephant still? Nice joke.

By the way, 1,000 damage is an incredible amount of damage in PvP just incase you haven't noticed or haven't pvped at all. Getting a 2,700 damage in PvP is impossible and same with 3,000. If this has ever been done then you're just either doing a practice match or vsing complete noobs who are below the rank of 200.

So no, us people won't stop our BLABBERING about wild bolt because it's a broken spell as a treasure card. Get your facts straight before posting again.


Oh really? For your information i always hit 2700 damage regularly on ranked matches. And you know what? I have my opinon and you have yours, but please, stop being such a smarty pants. I will post what i want to post and you will post what you want to. Your also making me look stupid which i find very annoying.


I encourage you to play me in PvP and try to hit for 2,700 damage. You have your own opinion just like I have mine, but you also posted your opinion on a public discussion forum which in turn people can reply to. If you don't want criticism on your opinion. Besides that, you didn't JUST post your opinion, you tried to state facts.
Examples of your "Facts":
1) "Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles
2) "Tower shield yourself or storm shield, it'll mitigate all the damage, and then you're ok!"
3) "So what if it's 1,000 damage? That's not much for me.. I do 2,700 to 3,000 damage in RANKED matches on a daily basis"

To top that off, you ended your statements with "So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT! ". This just encourage us "blabberers" to reply to your post or "opinionated post" as you would call it even though it's really not.

I'm sorry if you think I'm making you look stupid, it's not an intentional desire, but none the less arguing my point and many others on the whole wild bolt being a treasure card issue when people like yourself defend the issue with a terrible defense.


Hah, i would LOVE to play you in pvp! Then i would finally prove to you that 2700 damage is sooo easy to hit! I guess you have never heard of Ms. Judgement, have you? With 7 power pips, my hex, bladestorm and balance blade, you'll be blown off your feet faster then you can say "Hasta La Vista Baby!" But if your too scared to play me, its ok, you can back out. Mwhahahahahaha!

Ign is Blaze Firewielder. In realm Kelvin, area 2 right now.


Darn, i was busy when you posted this! Anyway what other time can we meet so i can show you that LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER!? Uh, sorry, got carried away there . I was dueling my friends and i hit 3001(with balance resist) damage and i dueled another friend and hit 3803 damage! So, hah!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer
Official MASTER OF ALL THINGS QXILL! (oops.....uh.....never mind.)

P.S this is off topic but, HOW THE HECK DO YOU PRONOUNCE YOUR USERNAME?????

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
178
Wackyantman10 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Yes, i seriously disagree with you. Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles. And anyway, put a storm shield and tower shield on yourself and the most it can do is about 300 damage. And so what if it is 1000 damage? Thats not that much for me. I call hits "good ones" when they hit 2700 damage or 3000. So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT!
i'm with him/her (i didnt look at the name)


These people have obviously not done much PvP, or have been lucky and not dueled anyone who uses Wild Bolt. Wild Bolt does hit a lot in PvP, whether it's because of Snipers, and Accurates, and accuracy boosting gear, or just because this whole 10% thing is a joke. Also, any shields that you put up can easily be taken down by your opponent by their wand spell, that's assuming you can even find the shield in your deck. Also, 1000 damage is a lot, especially to a storm wizard, such as myself, or to a lower level wizard. As a Diviner, I have just over 2000 health with my best gear on. So, not counting the resist, I can die in 2 Wild Bolts and a wand spell.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
matvince90 wrote:
Wackyantman10 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Yes, i seriously disagree with you. Wild bolt ALWAYS fizzles. And anyway, put a storm shield and tower shield on yourself and the most it can do is about 300 damage. And so what if it is 1000 damage? Thats not that much for me. I call hits "good ones" when they hit 2700 damage or 3000. So people, STOP YOUR BLABBERING ABOUT WILD BOLT!
i'm with him/her (i didnt look at the name)


These people have obviously not done much PvP, or have been lucky and not dueled anyone who uses Wild Bolt. Wild Bolt does hit a lot in PvP, whether it's because of Snipers, and Accurates, and accuracy boosting gear, or just because this whole 10% thing is a joke. Also, any shields that you put up can easily be taken down by your opponent by their wand spell, that's assuming you can even find the shield in your deck. Also, 1000 damage is a lot, especially to a storm wizard, such as myself, or to a lower level wizard. As a Diviner, I have just over 2000 health with my best gear on. So, not counting the resist, I can die in 2 Wild Bolts and a wand spell.


Well, you have obviously not read what me and Mr. smarty pants have been talking about.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
49
IamLezul wrote:


Darn, i was busy when you posted this! Anyway what other time can we meet so i can show you that LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER!? Uh, sorry, got carried away there . I was dueling my friends and i hit 3001(with balance resist) damage and i dueled another friend and hit 3803 damage! So, hah!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer
Official MASTER OF ALL THINGS QXILL! (oops.....uh.....never mind.)


Yeah, well, I bet you use Feint. And this is off topic for a Wild Bolt thread.

I have hit around 5000 with Feint and around 4000 without feint. You can see Judgement coming and the damage is minimal on the first turn. Wild Bolt can hit you even before you get a chance to put up a shield.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
sk8gundy wrote:
IamLezul wrote:


Darn, i was busy when you posted this! Anyway what other time can we meet so i can show you that LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER!? Uh, sorry, got carried away there . I was dueling my friends and i hit 3001(with balance resist) damage and i dueled another friend and hit 3803 damage! So, hah!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer
Official MASTER OF ALL THINGS QXILL! (oops.....uh.....never mind.)


Yeah, well, I bet you use Feint. And this is off topic for a Wild Bolt thread.

I have hit around 5000 with Feint and around 4000 without feint. You can see Judgement coming and the damage is minimal on the first turn. Wild Bolt can hit you even before you get a chance to put up a shield.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer


Actually, i have no feint at all. But i can still easily hit 3000 even 4000 damage. My friends are scared to play me and the have a good reason to, cause the minute jugement comes out, they have tasted defeat.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
67
IamLezul wrote:
sk8gundy wrote:
IamLezul wrote:


Darn, i was busy when you posted this! Anyway what other time can we meet so i can show you that LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER!? Uh, sorry, got carried away there . I was dueling my friends and i hit 3001(with balance resist) damage and i dueled another friend and hit 3803 damage! So, hah!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer
Official MASTER OF ALL THINGS QXILL! (oops.....uh.....never mind.)


Yeah, well, I bet you use Feint. And this is off topic for a Wild Bolt thread.

I have hit around 5000 with Feint and around 4000 without feint. You can see Judgement coming and the damage is minimal on the first turn. Wild Bolt can hit you even before you get a chance to put up a shield.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer


Actually, i have no feint at all. But i can still easily hit 3000 even 4000 damage. My friends are scared to play me and the have a good reason to, cause the minute jugement comes out, they have tasted defeat.


I have over 1200 rank points and in full pvp gear and I got my pvp gear by strictly 1v1. I've been around people who just use judgement as a daily routine, and they are easy to play against. I'm still up to playing you I just can't find you.

I'd rather vs a judgement user than a wild bolter to be honest. There's a reason why more than a handful of 101 players complain about bolt being a treasure.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
qXiLL wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
sk8gundy wrote:
IamLezul wrote:


Darn, i was busy when you posted this! Anyway what other time can we meet so i can show you that LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER!? Uh, sorry, got carried away there . I was dueling my friends and i hit 3001(with balance resist) damage and i dueled another friend and hit 3803 damage! So, hah!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer
Official MASTER OF ALL THINGS QXILL! (oops.....uh.....never mind.)


Yeah, well, I bet you use Feint. And this is off topic for a Wild Bolt thread.

I have hit around 5000 with Feint and around 4000 without feint. You can see Judgement coming and the damage is minimal on the first turn. Wild Bolt can hit you even before you get a chance to put up a shield.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer


Actually, i have no feint at all. But i can still easily hit 3000 even 4000 damage. My friends are scared to play me and the have a good reason to, cause the minute jugement comes out, they have tasted defeat.


I have over 1200 rank points and in full pvp gear and I got my pvp gear by strictly 1v1. I've been around people who just use judgement as a daily routine, and they are easy to play against. I'm still up to playing you I just can't find you.

I'd rather vs a judgement user than a wild bolter to be honest. There's a reason why more than a handful of 101 players complain about bolt being a treasure.


We need a time to meet, cause there is no way you'll be able to find me otherwise. I'm in every realm, pretty much everywhere. Its funny cause i can easily beat my friend who has all pvp gear(who is NOT a noob), when i only have shoes of veteran ranking. So, you = no biggy.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
49
IamLezul wrote:
sk8gundy wrote:


Yeah, well, I bet you use Feint. And this is off topic for a Wild Bolt thread.

I have hit around 5000 with Feint and around 4000 without feint. You can see Judgement coming and the damage is minimal on the first turn. Wild Bolt can hit you even before you get a chance to put up a shield.


Actually, i have no feint at all. But i can still easily hit 3000 even 4000 damage. My friends are scared to play me and the have a good reason to, cause the minute jugement comes out, they have tasted defeat.


As I have stated, I have hit within that realm too, but I would say it's rare to pull that off regularly in PvP without Feint.

Your friends have not been investing in treasure towers or weaknesses. I would not hit with Judgement if I saw stacked Tower. Your Judgement would be cut down to 700. Add the stacked Weaknesses and it's down to around 250. An Absorb (also can be stacked) would take that out. The first time this happened to me, the guy laughed at me for wasting my pips.

For this reason, a good many Sorcerers do not use Judgement as main attack, especially against opponents who know how to kill a Judgement.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer


Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
66
Normally I wouldn't barge in to people's arguments, but this is hilarious. IAmLezul has NO idea what she's talking about, and QXill seems to know the game pretty well. QXill wins every argument, and yet Lezul doesn't seem to understand...

Lezul, against a GOOD PvP player Judgment won't get you very far. You've got to learn some other tricks. Against players with Commander gear, you're "super powerful" Judgments will be cut down by 35%. On top of that, you'll NEVER be able to get BalanceBlade, BladeStorm, and Hex laid down all at the same time. Most skilled PvPers use Tower Shield treasure cards.

If you asked me, Lezul, I'd say you're in a little too far over your head.

Duncan E.
Grandmaster Sorceror

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
0SMR0 wrote:
Normally I wouldn't barge in to people's arguments, but this is hilarious. IAmLezul has NO idea what she's talking about, and QXill seems to know the game pretty well. QXill wins every argument, and yet Lezul doesn't seem to understand...

Lezul, against a GOOD PvP player Judgment won't get you very far. You've got to learn some other tricks. Against players with Commander gear, you're "super powerful" Judgments will be cut down by 35%. On top of that, you'll NEVER be able to get BalanceBlade, BladeStorm, and Hex laid down all at the same time. Most skilled PvPers use Tower Shield treasure cards.

If you asked me, Lezul, I'd say you're in a little too far over your head.

Duncan E.
Grandmaster Sorceror



You dont know judgement, then do you? I have beaten my friend keelan dawntamer easily and he has full commander gear. I've have been defeated only twice by all of my friends which are captains, commanders, et. And those times were because of luck. I am not in over my head, but you may be. I'd like to see how qxill takes it when i defeat him! Balanceblade, bladestorm, and hex are easy to get ready for judgement! Plus, i barely get reagualr pips, only power pips.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
1
fireftw wrote:
I think special spells like wild bolts, spells that you get only thru special quests from school teachers should not be allowed to be made as treasure cards. Allowing them to make a treasure card removes the uniqueness and balance among schools. There is a reason why storm has lower health, they have powerful attacks. Now if all schools can have the same attacks, then they might as well increase the health of a storm.

I agree with this! :) would love to see special spell treasure cards go bye bye
i agree