Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Can You Spawn Minions In 1v1,2v2 And 3v3

2
AuthorMessage
Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
dude if you think a minion is that powerful your weak

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
47
Veracity8 on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
Samdunc3,

Certain Wizards have to have Minions, they are very important in PVP.
Example, how does a Balance or Life remove shields... they have no easy way to do so?
Fire, Ice, Myth and Death can all easily remove shields, they have the spells to do so.
You take away Minions, and you put Life and Balance into a unfair situation.

A storm can use his minion very effectively, it can control the opposing minion.

Plus how to you keep your Blades, and still remove the opponent's shields....
Yep, you got it, you keep out your minion.

As already stated, minions have very low health, and no built in Resistance to other schools.
They are a easy kill, with maybe the exception of Talos, a bit harder.

Bottom line, everyone knows that Minions are very important to PVP, and when played at the
correct time, can be a real headache for the other player.

Notice the new Minions in the next world are already NO PVP... because they have such
high health. All the ones we currently have, can be killed with no problem.....
Talos can be hard to kill, as can a 4 pip Cyclops minion. I see a lot of people saying only no PVP ones are the good ones, but KI won't really make a spell you learned no pvp. It's just the treasure card version. A few we currently have can be real hard to kill.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
rinkworks on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
Talos can be hard to kill, as can a 4 pip Cyclops minion. I see a lot of people saying only no PVP ones are the good ones, but KI won't really make a spell you learned no pvp. It's just the treasure card version. A few we currently have can be real hard to kill.
Noooo they are really planning to make it no pvp. Its completely side world though, and they are just doing it as a response to everyones cries for being able to solo things easier; which I completely agree with, Its annoying having to go all defense-heal mode everytime I fight an Azteca boss, and that cyclops minion of mine dies from every hit all. If they made those things pvp, we would enter an age of pvp with everyone wearing jade armor, shielding, and letting their minion kill; just equip 5-6 minions in deck and your pretty much set no matter what the opponent does.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
269
No, I don't think it is unfair. Wow, I can easily defeat a minion using my wand spell, unless it is a higher level one.
Even so, I can just use sandstorm. Anyway, they hardly heal you, but instead they heal themselves, lol.
Anyway, if it is high I easily defeat them.

Cole Dunerunner

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
269
No, I don't think it is unfair. Wow, I can easily defeat a minion using my wand spell, unless it is a higher level one.
Even so, I can just use sandstorm. Anyway, they hardly heal you, but instead they heal themselves, lol.
Anyway, if it is high I easily defeat them.

Cole Dunerunner

Survivor
May 31, 2009
14
OK. Lets clear a few things up. Minions are a key part to upper level society of PvP. They a strategy you must work into your style and learn how to manipulate it and defend against other's minions .

Moving on. Each schools respective minion.

- Mander Minion- 300 health. A small bit of the support Balance spells along with Sand Storm.
-Spectral Minion- 400-700 health. The same as the Fire, Ice and Storm minions.

- Ice Colossus- 400 health. Arguable one of the best minions. With the ability to use the Ice Blade which no Thaumaturge get until 38. And uses only the Ice variation of Storm spells rank 1-3.

- Animate- varies from 100-1400 health depending on pips. The majority of the Necromancer's spells is known with the variety of these minions. Getting this spell later in the game and due to the face it is X pip card, it is useful in some ways more then others. Not used as much as others.

- Flame Servant- 400 health. Tied with Ice Colossus. This minion is always on its feet using Link, Smoke Screen, Fire Elf, and many more fire moves that are sure to to annoy you.

-Multiple Minions- 45-1000 health. The most of Conjurers spells are known with minions variating in pip cost and some even being X pips. The type of minion used is the most effective depending on the situation.

-Forest Guardian-300 health. A healing minion with a few offensive moves. She can even know Satyr! A valuable addition to a life team. It's healing abilities are well appreciated throughout countless battles

-Water Elemental-700 health-This minion is on the defense style and will use sprite and multiple shielding moves. It knows surprisingly one attack and that is Ghoul. This minion is effective in taunting other minions and enemies in PvE. It's hard to learn how to master this minion in PvP but it can be done.

I have covered all the strengths of the minions. That in itself is enough reason for you to see the fairness in them.
The Magic of Balance is harmony finding equality in all things~

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
2
well some lower levels use minions so that they may attack you so that you have to worry about if he will summon another minion.

KellySkullSpear lvl 30 see ya in wiz101

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
Okay while Minions can be helpful (for those wizards who have little skill) but I agree that they seem like a cheat. I signed up for 1v1 not 1v2 Its not fair its like playing two people. This is the reason why henchmen are not available anymore in pvp.

I wish that people stop using then or at least be honest that by using them, you are admitting that you are not good enough to win alone on your own skills.

And so while minions don't bother me it tells me that you aren't great.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
169
Minions are a type of utility spell, and like all spells are used to aid people in PvP.

One of the main reasons, is that myth is built dependent on them imagine life wizards without heals, Ice without resist or health, Storm without damage. Limiting minions is hindering game play and strategy and that is why they wont be taken out.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
7
crystalwizard12345... on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
first of all, if the match is supposed to be 1v1, then it should be one on one. not one on one and their sidekick. that's 1 vr 2.

second, not everyone gets to summon minions at the same level. nor does every one that has them get them in their hand at the same time.

third, and this is usually a problem for the low levels where minions are rife, the minions are treasures - meaning fairly large amount of hp

fourth, having an extra person on one side of the battle means that someone is getting an extra move. If we're 1v1 and I summon a minion, I effectively have 2 moves every round and you only have 1. That extra move might be 2 attacks. Do you feel it's fair if I get to attack you 2 every round while you get to attack me once?

Fifth, while you are frantically trying to get rid of my minion, and thus not hitting me, I am trashing you. Once you get rid of my minion, you've used your pips and have to let them rebuilt. Giving me even more time to take more of your health away.

Minions are highly unfair in any ranked PVP match. I use them because they are so unfair, and almost a guarentee that the other person is going to lose until we're in a high level match. BUt even in a high level match, a minion that casts me few pips still gives me a pretty big, unfair advantage over the other guy.

Main point though, is that if the match is supposed to only be between 2 players - 1 on each side, or 4 players, 2 on each side, then it should BE between that number. Minions turn a 1v1 into a 1v2, a 2v2 into a 2v3, a 3v3 into a 3v4.
I agree if you sign up for a 1v1 then I would expect it to stay 1v1. Same with 2v2 and 3v3.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
94
KI knows about this, you guys should know they made some high level minions not able to be summoned in PVP, anyways minions are a part of the game, and someone can summon minions just as easily as the other person can

Robert Angleblade
Grandmaster Theurgist

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
tanda1 on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
>All teams have minions

um, no.

Not only do the different schools not get their minions at the same time, some minions are useful in pvp and some are worthless.

Myth is the only school that gets a minion at a low level. And it costs nothing to cast. And it does heavy attacks for the level. No one else gets a 0 pip minion.

Storm's minion is designed to get taunt the enemies into hitting it, then shield and heal itself so that it stays alive while the enemies hit it. But players don't react to taunts.They don't automatically start hitting the minion the way that the computer controlled ememies do - so storm's minion is worthless in pvp,

Balance's mander gives out pips, shields, blades and once in a while attacks.

Treasure card minions are available, but you can't guarantee you'll draw a minion unless that's all you put in your tc slots - meaning you can't carry reshuffles or anything else there.

>Minions are fair game... They are not actual players, so it doesn't count

Yeah? They do everything the real players do - they attack, they shield, some heal, some do other things. How does that not count?

If you get hit with 2 attacks for 500 points each, does it really matter which came from a player controlled deck, and which came from a computer enemy controlled deck? You still lost 1000 points of health.
Sorry I didn't respond until now.

I meant everyone has access to minions, at a certain point as you have said, but tc is still an option, because you can do something called discard and boom you can draw another treasure card until you get the minion you put in there, so then you can carry reshuffles and everything else in there, o:.

Minions are fair, restated. I don't know how not actual players influences if they are fair or not, you were talking about myth having a 0 pip minion, well kill that off with a rank one spell or a wand, and the other 300 health minions are not so hard to kill either.

Two attacks for 500 points EACH? Well, what spell are you thinking of, because I sure don't know what minion can do that on its own. Let's face it the AI isn't even that smart, you put a feint on the person, the minion casts fire elf or something, and the sad part is you cannot control it. There is only on card, for each school, that can destroy it.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
Elder Wizard Sojo on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
Okay while Minions can be helpful (for those wizards who have little skill) but I agree that they seem like a cheat. I signed up for 1v1 not 1v2 Its not fair its like playing two people. This is the reason why henchmen are not available anymore in pvp.

I wish that people stop using then or at least be honest that by using them, you are admitting that you are not good enough to win alone on your own skills.

And so while minions don't bother me it tells me that you aren't great.
For those that have little skill? If you've seen any Warlord under level 50 I can almost guarantee that they have used a minion at some point. And why you ask? Because, in the match's long run, it helps.

Now, I have a level 10 Myth Warlord. I summon my minions quite often because they don't interfere with my strategy. The only problem is that most people I face know to kill my minion. This handicaps me, forcing me to summon the minion again, wasting valuable pips and a turn I could have used for something else. They do this again and again until I just have to go without minions. I can win after this, I can loose after this, it all depends on the player I'm facing.

Now, before you say it's unfair think of this. I can win without minions too. In fact, I only started using them after I started facing Corporals and above. I still win without them though. If the person doesn't know how to use their school to their advantage then I don't need to use my minions. Most of the time they don't bother to use shields against off-schools, which are the attacks I use. (Kraken and Storm Shark treasure cards. I can fire them off quicker than Triton treasures.)

I've also used a minion in Magus Ice pvp. Before the rank reset I was at Veteran. The Ice minion was, and in my mind will always be, the most useful minion out there. It broke shields, gave me the occasional blade, and took out the other person's minion. However, I didn't need it. It was just something to compliment my own strategy, which was a mix of shielding, healing and attacking when called for. Most of the time I kept my minion for 2 or 3 rounds. However, I was able to waste that person's turn when they took out my minion. I could then use that turn to heal, shield or attack, forcing the other person to waste another turn shielding, healing or breaking the shield. Minions are a valuable part of many strategies, and getting rid of them would hurt many people.

If you can't beat them, join them. Nothing is stopping you and you can effectively turn the battle into a 2v2 or, if you or your minion kill the other person's minion, a 1v2, your side with the advantage. Now, this does not promise a win, as most people carry cards to knock out the other person's minions. Why? They know that in letting that minion live, they'll be risking quite a bit.

Nothing is stopping you from taking advantage of the minion from your school. Take that advantage! Nothing stands in your way.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
samdunc3 on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
I was wondering why can people spawn minions in pvp It is weird like it ruins the battle say its 2v2 it becomes 3v2 it is so weird why is that Please Tell Me
Well minions cost pips, they are easy to kill, and YOU can use minions too. Minions are a part of a myth wizard's specialty and it would be very unfair if their ability to cast minions in pvp was taken away from them.

Luke Thunderflame lvl 90

Survivor
May 26, 2012
33
Icy Wiz on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
I'm sorry, I'm kind of confused. Anyone can summon minions, so how is it unfair? It's not as if your opponent can and somehow you are blocked from using the same strategy, right?
Unless they are a low level who don't have the spell yet, it is completely fair, and it is partially their fault if they don't chose to.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
4
crystalwizard12345... on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
This has been an issue for a very long time

It's been pointed out to KI many times that it's unfair and ruins the matches

They have declined to do anything about it so apparently they don't care.

Just fight fire with fire until KI does something to balance PVP and make it fair across the board - buy minion treasures and use them too.
Ya I agree when they use a minion it does ruin the game. When a minion is used it is like polymorph it boost you up

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
Just an interesting fact...
Animate at 2 power pips = Ghoulish Retainer, 400 health.
Pixie with 2 power pips = 400 heal.
Furthermore, most schools can hit everything by at least level 26, with the exception of Life and Death. Just use Meteor Strike and kill the minion and hit me. Also, my 4-pip minion has a tendency to spam Fire Elf, which completely messes up any all traps I have placed/will place. As said earlier, anyone can summon minions and Myth relies on them a lot, so there's no reason to remove them. Interestingly, i'm pretty sure if you searched the entire forum you could find threads complaining about everything except for maybe blades, traps, and damage spells. KI will only remove game-breaking things, minions are just an annoyance to you and sometimes to the caster.

Kane WildThief, Level 43 Necromancer

2