Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do you think about Ice Immunity?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Now, everyone should know about how ice can get a thing called "Immunity". When you have over 100 defense against certain classes. Popular immunities is against fire and storm.

I just know how you guys feel about it.
What is your opinion towards immunity?

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
I think it will be great for wizards to have it.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Paralelle on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Now, everyone should know about how ice can get a thing called "Immunity". When you have over 100 defense against certain classes. Popular immunities is against fire and storm.

Immunity is useless with shrike. 20% base pierce and shrike take it down to 30%. Ice, simply put, is very underpowered.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012

Any school can get immunity to certain schools. It usually costs most or all attack boost. My storm can be fire and myth immune at once with over 100 attack still. Or he can be storm immune. My myth wizard can be immune to myth, life, death, storm or balance, but has no real attack with any but myth immune gear. I think it's unfair that every school but Ice is fairly easy to become immune to with just bazaar gear, a good pet and crafted boots. It's time they make some decent crafted gear that gives Ice resist.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011

Well after hades' gear and shrike came out the problem with immunity isn't as bad.

Survivor
May 11, 2013
One simple word "converts" use a shatter to remove shields then you put in converts! BOOM! Battle over

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
LEVI MAN on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
One simple word "converts" use a shatter to remove shields then you put in converts! BOOM! Battle over
I don't know why people bring up the "Just convert thing," But that most of the time doesn't even work especially if there universal resist is high in the first place, how does that make sense -_- Not to mention why use shatter? Unless you have a myth amulet ( which most people don't) what's stopping them from using another tower shield again since you just wasted a ton of pips from shatter :p. I really don't know what kind of stats you have to, cause you make this sound fairly easy, but unless you have decent pierce, attack, or critical< your getting nowhere fast.

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
Even with shadow shrike it doesn't help them that much if your facing someone that know what there doing, just put up shields to take the piercing. and stun the shadow shriking opponent increase the backlash. but yes you have to sacrifice a lot to get high universal resistance.

With my Ice I get 60% universal resistance, 110% Fire resistance, 105% in Storm, 73% to death. but my attack stat is majorly reduced to a 30%

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Diamond Dust on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Even with shadow shrike it doesn't help them that much if your facing someone that know what there doing, just put up shields to take the piercing. and stun the shadow shriking opponent increase the backlash. but yes you have to sacrifice a lot to get high universal resistance.

With my Ice I get 60% universal resistance, 110% Fire resistance, 105% in Storm, 73% to death. but my attack stat is majorly reduced to a 30%
Exactly, and that's why I don't call ice underpowered.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011

I don't really like the fact that fire and storm gets immunity a lot. Shrike can't pierce through that immunity when the ice has a shield up. Ice has a lot of stun spells and they can easily use that when the player has shrike up. Everyone has to deal with shrike but ice's resist still helps when they have a shield up, while the other schools' resist doesn't help nearly as much as ice's after their shield gets pierced.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
seethe42 on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Any school can get immunity to certain schools. It usually costs most or all attack boost. My storm can be fire and myth immune at once with over 100 attack still. Or he can be storm immune. My myth wizard can be immune to myth, life, death, storm or balance, but has no real attack with any but myth immune gear. I think it's unfair that every school but Ice is fairly easy to become immune to with just bazaar gear, a good pet and crafted boots. It's time they make some decent crafted gear that gives Ice resist.
Crafted gear that gives ice resist? Hello! Every one from the schools storm, fire, and balance. Besides storm and fire can deal with it, they both get easily over 60-70 attack. My ice struggles getting over 40 attack. Please tell me how updating resist to ice solves anything?

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
seethe42 on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Really any school I just had a friend's friend tell me balance didn't get it.

Is that true or is it false I like to know. And I just started playing as a ice wizard.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
kymma shadow on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
Really any school I just had a friend's friend tell me balance didn't get it.

Is that true or is it false I like to know. And I just started playing as a ice wizard.
Immunity is possible for any wizard. Ice immune is the only one that is hard to get because there is no high resist crafted gear to defend Ice. Fire is only slightly less difficult to be immune to also for the same reason (unless you are Ice, then it's easy). Both those schools require a third resist talent in a pet for most wizards. Every other school can be set up for immune with crafted boots, bazaar gear, heartsteel and a proof/defy pet. Every school can very easily get storm immune, it's the easiest for everyone. All the gear needed is any school. Life, Myth, Balance and Death are only slightly harder, depending what school you are. Ice and Fire are the only standouts.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
seethe42 on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
Immunity is possible for any wizard. Ice immune is the only one that is hard to get because there is no high resist crafted gear to defend Ice. Fire is only slightly less difficult to be immune to also for the same reason (unless you are Ice, then it's easy). Both those schools require a third resist talent in a pet for most wizards. Every other school can be set up for immune with crafted boots, bazaar gear, heartsteel and a proof/defy pet. Every school can very easily get storm immune, it's the easiest for everyone. All the gear needed is any school. Life, Myth, Balance and Death are only slightly harder, depending what school you are. Ice and Fire are the only standouts.
I played mostly on my balance wizard.

Amy lvl 84

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
When one of my best Wiz friends Caleb puts on his immunity gear and we go fight say the Jabberwock it makes me positively giddy to see him get fire attacked. LOL Immunity is cool XD

Amber Raven Song Warlord

Defender
Mar 08, 2013

Why do people keep bringing this up. The only way ice can be immune to both fire and storm while also having good stats, is spending countless hours (and I mean countless) hatching, training, and re-hatching pets to get spell proof and defy. They can also get fire and storm proof. Anyone can these pet skills, so why is everyone complaining about this? The ice gear isn't op, it's when you add it to your pet (which anyone can get) that people start to think it's op.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Immunity is ridiculous. Especially the level of ease it was given to . Without comprimising very many stats other areas.