Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair Stunning and Unfair Balance Wizards

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 15, 2009
203
cbfan14 wrote:
Nosleep, if you're comparing balance shields to other schools, the other schools actually have superior shields. Balance shields only reduce damage by 50%, same as tower shield. The other schools guard against 70% damage and the school specific shields guard against 80% damage. Balance wizards need 2 shield spells to get the effect of a tower shield, and takes up far more room in a deck than if you went with tower shield. Therefore, while balance shields do cost no training points, they are in fact the weakest shields of all the schools.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer



thank you Valkoor!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
30
It baffles me to see that the second someone got his rear end handed to him, the next second they come here on the boards to complain that they are overpowered.

Many have said it before: this game is pretty up to par when it comes to balancing the individual classes.

Everyone has access to most of the balance spells and everyone is entitled and free to make any kind of spell deck they want. If it just so happens that someone else made a better spell deck, and had more luck with his cards than you, does not mean that now his class has to be nerfed to satisfy your feelings of defeat.

Instead, why don't you find a balance wizard, try to get him to go into the arena with you and see if you can come up with more effective strategies for such opponenets? You know, maybe you can learn something and get better at your class.

Really, I have seen plenty of games where the crowd called for NERF all the time and the silly devs nerfed it to doom. End of fun game. You want the same to happen to this game? Because if they start hitting that bat, there really is no end to it.
The best way, in my mind, to get a game to be ruined, is by calling for nerfs. Please be constructive and make sure you know very well what you are talking about (one fight in the arena is not enough, no).

You could also make a balance alt and play that one. Then you will see how "overpowered" they are in reality.

Really, crying wolf when there is none helps no one.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
15
Stunning doesn't seem to be a big problem for me but Balance Wizards are. I'm ice so I get the infamous tower shield but it still isn't enough to defend against a balance wizard. They do a full power Judgement on me and yet they can still break my health in half.

They get a shield to defend for three different schools. So ya half to use an attack of the school to get rid of it unlike tower shield where we only get one and its easier to get through. Frostbite gets through the shields nicely but it costs five pips when i could be working up for a more powerful attack like Frost Giant! :x

Survivor
May 01, 2009
1
i got in a pvp fight with a stun team today they stunned so we couldnt do anything. And then we lost they got 25 rating. And when we defeat others like them we only get 0 - 10 rating thats not fair.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
12
YOU ARE ALL WRONG! Wizards share the same amount of power in the spiral! There is no whos better than that school or whatever! Balance is SO not unfair! So what if it has all these cool spells and so what if they think they're better! You people who think your better than others your arent! SO STP THINKING THAT YOUR BETTER OR THAT BALANCE IS BETTER OR UNFAIR! Man! Sheesh! You people need to realize that even though that your a different lvl or different school your always the same people that share the love for wizardry. Thats what i'm trying to do! SO the person who caused this blog to make CHAOS is TOTALLY WRONG! I'm not trying to say that i'm more powerful. Ty for listening to my message to all the wizards in the magical society! And for cruing out loud achilles975 BALANCE PEOPLE ARE NOT A THREAT!


Megan DreamRider LvL 30 life

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
Lijde wrote:
Okay, lemme state my opinion.

1) I believe the author of this thread is referring to chain stunning, something that has gotten WAY out of hand.

Basically, wizards in PvP are teaming up and filling their decks with as many stun spells as possible. One team of 4 can have 60+ stuns altogether. Then, they just use one stun after another to freeze the other team and prevent the opposing team from attacking, shielding, and any other form of ANYTHING in combat.

It's a cheap tactic that is getting really old, and these chain stunners are even making it into the top 100 PvP list. Chain stunning is a form of tactic that is both unfair and childish.

Honestly, if you're such a horrible dueler that your opponent has to be immobile in order for you to win, you're doing something wrong.

2) Balance wizards are not in the least over powered, nor do they have unfair advantages. The first good spell they get is Judgment, and that's only good until you hit level 40, give or take a few levels. Then there's Hydra. But really, that's only 2 good spells out of the whole pool of spells that other wizards have.

So what do you do when you only have a few good attacks spells? You buff and shield. They need those three shields and those buffs because they're just a bit underpowered and they need a boost to win or live.

IMO, stunning needs to have lower accuracy because some people have such a boost from gear that they have 100+ accuracy with that certain spell, meaning they NEVER fizzle with it. So, it's basically unlimited stunning for people.


^That was a longish post. xD
Yes but the stun moves already have 70 accuracy people may as well say give it the accruacy of wild bolt

Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
5
achilles975 wrote:
Hello all,
I have seen and heard about many fire wizards, ice wizards, myth wizards, do to much stunning in the arena. When they keep on stunning it makes it really not fair for the opposing team to attack. Please administrators hear my plea, this stunning is really making it unfair. If you wish to keep this stunning make it at least a low accuracy percentage: 30%, 50%, or lower. Because this stunning has really getting annoying.

Also, Balance has really beginning to become a huge threat. Balance wizards get all the set ups and shields which makes it really hard to attack or defend!. Also, there is barely any shields for balance! This is really getting annoying please administrators it would make a big difference if you change balance a little.
ok well first of all ( I am a balance) Balance should keep their special abilitys, every school has a special thing. Its either that or, your just not to good at fighting balance :D!!!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
47
balance in my opinion is the most overpwered school next to storm though i have my thoughts about storm i wont get into it. balance is not fair because once balance get judgment they go to the arena and become warlords! it makes no sense and some of them just use treasure card judgments i have lost my ranking form a knight because of judgment and balance. i have not beaten one balance wizard any lvl! and because i am ice they use those elemental shields which completely screw me up and while i am trying to rid those they attack! what the heck! and wild bolt needs to be banned from dualing because that spell is just unfair and as to you balance wizards who think balance is fair! you only think that because you are the ones who are warlords!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
47
achilles975 wrote:
CatSydsMom wrote:
Before you start crying foul and claiming Balance wizards are too strong, I highly suggest you create a balance wizard and play through the game with him/her. Once you've done that, you can let us know if you still think Balance is too strong and has unfair advantages.

Cat



Oh, really?
How come then,
They get a lot of charms and buffs,
They get a lot of shields,
There is barely a shield for a balance attack(besides hex shield),
They get a lot of health,
They get a lot of accuracy,
Seriously thats too much,
This is just what I think you all have your opinions but some agree with my opinions. What I am trying to explain is that no one is perfect when it comes to fairness.



i agree with the one above me
balance may fizzle sometimes but really i have never in my game life been stunned before! like i have a few but i ALWAYS fizzle on them! and i am an ice master! so dont complain about fizzling and administrators please please please do something! this has been an issue since the game started and you havent done ANYTHING about it! and please tell us all why you havent changed it yet!

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
195
2cool4u928 wrote:
balance in my opinion is the most overpwered school next to storm though i have my thoughts about storm i wont get into it. balance is not fair because once balance get judgment they go to the arena and become warlords! it makes no sense and some of them just use treasure card judgments i have lost my ranking form a knight because of judgment and balance. i have not beaten one balance wizard any lvl! and because i am ice they use those elemental shields which completely screw me up and while i am trying to rid those they attack! what the heck! and wild bolt needs to be banned from dualing because that spell is just unfair and as to you balance wizards who think balance is fair! you only think that because you are the ones who are warlords!


I suggest you give up dueling, it's pointless. If your wizard is done everything there is to do then start another. Have you actually looked at wild bolt? has the lowest percent of actually working that all the cards in the game. You say your ice, well my first wizard was ice, then I wanted to see how the other schools played out, so I made one for each school. Now I have grandmasters in all but death schools and I can tell you this, Each school has pros and cons, but they balance out in the end.
The stats mean more than what cards you can use, I've tried that bolt and it annoyed me after the 15th fizzle, no not in a row but over time that's what it worked out to. Ice has steal shields, Fire has steal charm, so tell me which would work better?

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
47
PrincessPegasus wrote:
YOU ARE ALL WRONG! Wizards share the same amount of power in the spiral! There is no whos better than that school or whatever! Balance is SO not unfair! So what if it has all these cool spells and so what if they think they're better! You people who think your better than others your arent! SO STP THINKING THAT YOUR BETTER OR THAT BALANCE IS BETTER OR UNFAIR! Man! Sheesh! You people need to realize that even though that your a different lvl or different school your always the same people that share the love for wizardry. Thats what i'm trying to do! SO the person who caused this blog to make CHAOS is TOTALLY WRONG! I'm not trying to say that i'm more powerful. Ty for listening to my message to all the wizards in the magical society! And for cruing out loud achilles975 BALANCE PEOPLE ARE NOT A THREAT!


Megan DreamRider LvL 30 life



ok i am going to assume you are balance? and you are a balance person so you WOULD say this. you have to realize averybody is against balance and all balance wouldnt be against there own school!

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
72
CatSydsMom wrote:
Before you start crying foul and claiming Balance wizards are too strong, I highly suggest you create a balance wizard and play through the game with him/her. Once you've done that, you can let us know if you still think Balance is too strong and has unfair advantages.

Cat
cat you are so right so right balabce is a very hard school to play the game if you want the truth i have many grandmasters and i could not do it by my self scot deathhammer

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
160
sar82 wrote:
CatSydsMom wrote:
Before you start crying foul and claiming Balance wizards are too strong, I highly suggest you create a balance wizard and play through the game with him/her. Once you've done that, you can let us know if you still think Balance is too strong and has unfair advantages.

Cat
cat you are so right so right balabce is a very hard school to play the game if you want the truth i have many grandmasters and i could not do it by my self scot deathhammer


I thought this was about Player vs. Player? When did we start discussing the difficulty or ease of PVE in the player vs. player forum?

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
47
Whiterose2 wrote:
2cool4u928 wrote:
balance in my opinion is the most overpwered school next to storm though i have my thoughts about storm i wont get into it. balance is not fair because once balance get judgment they go to the arena and become warlords! it makes no sense and some of them just use treasure card judgments i have lost my ranking form a knight because of judgment and balance. i have not beaten one balance wizard any lvl! and because i am ice they use those elemental shields which completely screw me up and while i am trying to rid those they attack! what the heck! and wild bolt needs to be banned from dualing because that spell is just unfair and as to you balance wizards who think balance is fair! you only think that because you are the ones who are warlords!


I suggest you give up dueling, it's pointless. If your wizard is done everything there is to do then start another. Have you actually looked at wild bolt? has the lowest percent of actually working that all the cards in the game. You say your ice, well my first wizard was ice, then I wanted to see how the other schools played out, so I made one for each school. Now I have grandmasters in all but death schools and I can tell you this, Each school has pros and cons, but they balance out in the end.
The stats mean more than what cards you can use, I've tried that bolt and it annoyed me after the 15th fizzle, no not in a row but over time that's what it worked out to. Ice has steal shields, Fire has steal charm, so tell me which would work better?



ok ice does have that steal shield card and lemme tell you i love it! not the point when balance defends itself i have to go through to of my steal shield cards just to get to the ice one! not cool man not cool!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
47
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Lijde wrote:
Okay, lemme state my opinion.

1) I believe the author of this thread is referring to chain stunning, something that has gotten WAY out of hand.

Basically, wizards in PvP are teaming up and filling their decks with as many stun spells as possible. One team of 4 can have 60+ stuns altogether. Then, they just use one stun after another to freeze the other team and prevent the opposing team from attacking, shielding, and any other form of ANYTHING in combat.

It's a cheap tactic that is getting really old, and these chain stunners are even making it into the top 100 PvP list. Chain stunning is a form of tactic that is both unfair and childish.

Honestly, if you're such a horrible dueler that your opponent has to be immobile in order for you to win, you're doing something wrong.

2) Balance wizards are not in the least over powered, nor do they have unfair advantages. The first good spell they get is Judgment, and that's only good until you hit level 40, give or take a few levels. Then there's Hydra. But really, that's only 2 good spells out of the whole pool of spells that other wizards have.

So what do you do when you only have a few good attacks spells? You buff and shield. They need those three shields and those buffs because they're just a bit underpowered and they need a boost to win or live.

IMO, stunning needs to have lower accuracy because some people have such a boost from gear that they have 100+ accuracy with that certain spell, meaning they NEVER fizzle with it. So, it's basically unlimited stunning for people.


^That was a longish post. xD
Yes but the stun moves already have 70 accuracy people may as well say give it the accruacy of wild bolt


omg that is exactly what i think! look balance may have judgment but i know balance wizards who JUST get judgment and go to the arena an before you know it they are warlords!

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
12
2cool4u928 wrote:
PrincessPegasus wrote:
YOU ARE ALL WRONG! Wizards share the same amount of power in the spiral! There is no whos better than that school or whatever! Balance is SO not unfair! So what if it has all these cool spells and so what if they think they're better! You people who think your better than others your arent! SO STP THINKING THAT YOUR BETTER OR THAT BALANCE IS BETTER OR UNFAIR! Man! Sheesh! You people need to realize that even though that your a different lvl or different school your always the same people that share the love for wizardry. Thats what i'm trying to do! SO the person who caused this blog to make CHAOS is TOTALLY WRONG! I'm not trying to say that i'm more powerful. Ty for listening to my message to all the wizards in the magical society! And for cruing out loud achilles975 BALANCE PEOPLE ARE NOT A THREAT!


Megan DreamRider LvL 30 life



ok i am going to assume you are balance? and you are a balance person so you WOULD say this. you have to realize averybody is against balance and all balance wouldnt be against there own school!
no i'm not a balance wizard. But i do want to stand up for the scorcers that are being critisized right now. I think it would be best to help these scorcers that are misrible because they are being treated unfair and like they arent special like other schools. Even though i'm not a balance person it would be nice for some people ( other than scorcers) to stand up for this completely pointless chaos. You no what i mean right people? RIGHT?

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
160
PrincessPegasus wrote:
2cool4u928 wrote:
PrincessPegasus wrote:
YOU ARE ALL WRONG! Wizards share the same amount of power in the spiral! There is no whos better than that school or whatever! Balance is SO not unfair! So what if it has all these cool spells and so what if they think they're better! You people who think your better than others your arent! SO STP THINKING THAT YOUR BETTER OR THAT BALANCE IS BETTER OR UNFAIR! Man! Sheesh! You people need to realize that even though that your a different lvl or different school your always the same people that share the love for wizardry. Thats what i'm trying to do! SO the person who caused this blog to make CHAOS is TOTALLY WRONG! I'm not trying to say that i'm more powerful. Ty for listening to my message to all the wizards in the magical society! And for cruing out loud achilles975 BALANCE PEOPLE ARE NOT A THREAT!


Megan DreamRider LvL 30 life



ok i am going to assume you are balance? and you are a balance person so you WOULD say this. you have to realize averybody is against balance and all balance wouldnt be against there own school!
no i'm not a balance wizard. But i do want to stand up for the scorcers that are being critisized right now. I think it would be best to help these scorcers that are misrible because they are being treated unfair and like they arent special like other schools. Even though i'm not a balance person it would be nice for some people ( other than scorcers) to stand up for this completely pointless chaos. You no what i mean right people? RIGHT?


For anyone wanting some good old entertainment value, read Princess' statements out loud in a high pitched falsetto voice, like a character off some drama teen show, and you'll have a good laugh.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
72
hiway1999 wrote:
sar82 wrote:
CatSydsMom wrote:
Before you start crying foul and claiming Balance wizards are too strong, I highly suggest you create a balance wizard and play through the game with him/her. Once you've done that, you can let us know if you still think Balance is too strong and has unfair advantages.

Cat
cat you are so right so right balabce is a very hard school to play the game if you want the truth i have many grandmasters and i could not do it by my self scot deathhammer


I thought this was about Player vs. Player? When did we start discussing the difficulty or ease of PVE in the player vs. player forum?
you just didnt like seeing the truth did you dont cry man up and make you a balance and come back and tell us about

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
56
Just stating my opinion okay?
People use this strategy in PvP;


1 death wizard, 1 storm wizard,1 life wizard, 1 ice/ 1 balance wizard. Death puts Buffs and/maybe uses Sacrifice, Storm gets a Spell ready, Life Heals if anyone's health lowers, Ice Stuns and puts Shields/ Balance puts Shields and Buffs, ( That's what most people do :|).

So what if both teams do the same thing, That should be a fair fight :? )

Travis Smith
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
Salutations everyone, I did not want to CHANGE balance but add another class that would have a fair 50% chance against balance. Chaos, balance is the elements chaos could be the spirits balance has spirit shields, blades, traps along with elements so I thought chaos could could have like a seperate weakness for each class like a spirit weakness minus 30% to next life, death, and myth spells and elemental weakness and a spirit guiding light plus 30% to next life death and myth heal and elemental one (even though elements dont heal) they still would have to have it to be fair and their lvl 42 spell could be cerberous does 190 life myth and death damage.
bye bye

Survivor
Oct 08, 2009
23
I agree completely. Take Storm, for instance. They lose health faster than Rattlebones at a Sword Saint convention, but let them get one good spell off and SQUISH. The match is over before it starts. The opposite with Balance. They hit with the general effects of a feather landing on you, but they block damage like a bunker.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2009
23
I see it this way:

STORM: Weakness: Accuracy- Strength: damage
MYTH: Weakness: No heals- Strength: Minions
FIRE: Weakness: Accuracy- Strength: DOTs
ICE: Weakness: Damage- Strength: Defenses
LIFE: Weakness: Damage- Strength: Heals
DEATH: Weakness: To-all-enemies Spells- Strength: Steals
BALANCE: Weakness: Damage- Strength: Buffs

Hope I helped! :D

Reply to PS: Maybe, it's possible...

Survivor
Oct 08, 2009
23
Right on the dollar. I have played all 3 of those and I agree completely.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
49
achilles975 wrote:
Hello all,
I have seen and heard about many fire wizards, ice wizards, myth wizards, do to much stunning in the arena. When they keep on stunning it makes it really not fair for the opposing team to attack. Please administrators hear my plea, this stunning is really making it unfair. If you wish to keep this stunning make it at least a low accuracy percentage: 30%, 50%, or lower. Because this stunning has really getting annoying.

Also, Balance has really beginning to become a huge threat. Balance wizards get all the set ups and shields which makes it really hard to attack or defend!. Also, there is barely any shields for balance! This is really getting annoying please administrators it would make a big difference if you change balance a little.


1. learn in life that whining like you are does nothing
2. if you think it is "unfair" that some school s have too many stuns GET STUN BLOCK SPELLS, THEY ARE OUT THERE IN THE SPIRAL JUST FIND THEM
3. if balance is too powerful, learn ice or life so you can have absorbs and tower shields
4. pvp is all about deck set up, if you feel you are losing because some schools are too powerful, its because they have learned to master the art of their decks and you havent, so next time before you go whining to the forums, do some practice pvp

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
47
xGallagherx wrote:
achilles975 wrote:
Hello all,
I have seen and heard about many fire wizards, ice wizards, myth wizards, do to much stunning in the arena. When they keep on stunning it makes it really not fair for the opposing team to attack. Please administrators hear my plea, this stunning is really making it unfair. If you wish to keep this stunning make it at least a low accuracy percentage: 30%, 50%, or lower. Because this stunning has really getting annoying.

Also, Balance has really beginning to become a huge threat. Balance wizards get all the set ups and shields which makes it really hard to attack or defend!. Also, there is barely any shields for balance! This is really getting annoying please administrators it would make a big difference if you change balance a little.


1. learn in life that whining like you are does nothing
2. if you think it is "unfair" that some school s have too many stuns GET STUN BLOCK SPELLS, THEY ARE OUT THERE IN THE SPIRAL JUST FIND THEM
3. if balance is too powerful, learn ice or life so you can have absorbs and tower shields
4. pvp is all about deck set up, if you feel you are losing because some schools are too powerful, its because they have learned to master the art of their decks and you havent, so next time before you go whining to the forums, do some practice pvp




well its not right to leanr another school JUST to defend from another school that should have been fixed a long time ago