Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure cards in Pvp

AuthorMessage
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
PVP Master12321 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
ya i guess but i dont think tc should be so good that it changes the game to make the more skilled person lose.
If they are not able to handle people using TC, then they are not the more skilled player. They are the player who is stuck in his/her own rut and can't be flexible in how they view the game. That makes them more limited, and less skilled.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
28
FinnAgainWindrider on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
If they are not able to handle people using TC, then they are not the more skilled player. They are the player who is stuck in his/her own rut and can't be flexible in how they view the game. That makes them more limited, and less skilled.
dude its tc spamming and if they do if we can not handle it, it does not make us less skilled because the upsides outgrow the down.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
28
Joshua Starflame on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
True enough. There are pros and cons to everything. The issue is most people only look at one side of things. I am well aware of the pros and cons but most people ignore one side. This is known as confirmation bias and it basically states that evidence that is derogatory to one's original idea is ignored... Happens all the time my friend and unfortunately I see it constantly on these boards.
i would say that the pros greatly outway the cons.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
12
I totally agree with you! I'm having a rough time in pvp especially since many of my opponents are using tc constantly. Don't get me wrong though using maybe one or two tc in a game is okay (i guess) but when the opponent is using is tc throughout the entire game it starts to bother me. I find it really rare to go into pvp and your opponent is not using tc. Anyways i hope that all made sense and btw i agree with your idea about how they should limit the tc being used in a game.

-Amanda pixiesmith

Survivor
May 02, 2014
38
PVP Master12321 on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
Ok so i was on my magus storm commander close to warlord and i fight this level 50 private. i was thinking ok easy win.
but then first round towers, second round towers, third round towers... he ended up casting 20 tc towers and ran me out of cards. Then right after he said "not that your bad but i am better" like come on KI do something please. oh i have a idea for it. maybe put a max spells on tc as well so you are only allowed 4 tc in your side at once. and dont say oh you could have shattered because i like to pvp legit and if i did he would just cast another amking me lose 3 pips for pretty much nothing. please add this because this is just out of control and now people who all they need to do is click are becoming warlords... not fair.
Try a reshuffle it helps a lot when you are a high lvl

Survivor
May 02, 2014
38
I call tc spells fake spells because you don't learn them

Go ahead get mad at me I don't care.

I'm a commander now and got the robe and I only use tc but they are still fake spells to me.

Kymma lvl 21 or 22 now commander now with my dream robe.

PS:
Now I want to be a warlord

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
PVP Master12321 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
dude read the rest even if i shattered he would just place another and i waste 3 pips.
Then wait until he runs out, duh.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
i said these once ill say it again

yes it fair

it not cheating it not killing pvp

last thing is all the people who want it out of pvp is because there getting there buts kick in rank by low level players when it not easy for them ether when there facing your rank also if there warlords 33 45 and all the other rank vs them that why no one underestimates anyone in pvp and tc fair for all you tc hater get over it it not going anywhere no matter how much you complain it can be yous by any level and some level it harder to yous because of the pips it all on how you yous it these is all i have to say if you don't like it oh well get over it
that the nice way to put it
level 100 wizard

Champion
Jun 19, 2010
466
The best advice about PVP, that I was ever given to me:

"When it comes to PVP - Always remember to put on your big wizard pants before entering combat!"

What are players using to win:

Treasure cards, Loremaster Spells, high resistance gear, high level hatched pets; and whatever else works to get the job done strategies.

What doesn't work, or get you far in PVP:

Stamping your feet really hard, holding your breath until you pass out, crossing your arms over your chest, waving your clenched fist in the air, shouting colorful expressions into the air, and any other version of a temper tantrum; or sore loser-itus!

What works great in PVP:

Copying successful PVP'ers, adopting and using winning strategies, researching and finding out what the best gear, equipment, pets, and spell decks successful PVP'ers are using in 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 PVP Matches and Tournaments.

As you modify your PVP approach, equipment, and strategy, you'll start to experience more wins and less losses. Happy PVP'ing!

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
28
Robobot1747 on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Then wait until he runs out, duh.
and for him to kill me? i am storm.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
It was probably more unfair for them then you... I have never heard a someone that was that much higher in level complain about getting someone so much lower in level.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
Tylerwildpants on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
The best advice about PVP, that I was ever given to me:

"When it comes to PVP - Always remember to put on your big wizard pants before entering combat!"

What are players using to win:

Treasure cards, Loremaster Spells, high resistance gear, high level hatched pets; and whatever else works to get the job done strategies.

What doesn't work, or get you far in PVP:

Stamping your feet really hard, holding your breath until you pass out, crossing your arms over your chest, waving your clenched fist in the air, shouting colorful expressions into the air, and any other version of a temper tantrum; or sore loser-itus!

What works great in PVP:

Copying successful PVP'ers, adopting and using winning strategies, researching and finding out what the best gear, equipment, pets, and spell decks successful PVP'ers are using in 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 PVP Matches and Tournaments.

As you modify your PVP approach, equipment, and strategy, you'll start to experience more wins and less losses. Happy PVP'ing!
Excellent post! Well said!

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
28
warlordperfection on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
It was probably more unfair for them then you... I have never heard a someone that was that much higher in level complain about getting someone so much lower in level.
i was the lower lvl.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
28
Spectral Evidence on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Using Tc's in PvP in no way shape or form unfair. It is a legitimate strategy rather anyone thinks it's unfair or not. Now about you case specifically.

A. Never go into a match expecting people to not use Tc's

B. Think about the level difference, I added up the level of your team and the level of the opposing team and in all there would be a 90 lvl difference between your team and their team. Also, yes they were warlords and you were privates but only because of the extreme level difference.

C. Honestly, if they hadn't of used Tc's they would have been destroyed and only may have won by amazing play by their team, sloppy play on your team, and luck.

D. Lastly and I'm not insulting you, but high level Tc's are easily countered for the most part. Ra's can be easily dealt with by Tower Shields, Weaknesses, Dispells, and more, same goes for the Storm Lord. You can also counter Tc's by using Tc's, but again I will bring up A. Tc's have been a huge part of PvP for a long time now. Always expect Tc's.

In conclusion there is nothing wrong with the use of Tc's because if there were issues with them KI would have placed lvl caps, bans, or something along those lines. Always expect Tc's, keep practicing, and if you need PvP advice I would be more than happy to help. If you think I know nothing of PvP, I am a owner of many warlords and have won matches against some of the best.

Jacob Pixie/Thunder/Frost/Lotus/Dragon/Dream/Griffin/Raven Caller ~ Spectral Evidence ~
lol 90 lvls? more like the same lvl

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
28
warlordperfection on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
It was probably more unfair for them then you... I have never heard a someone that was that much higher in level complain about getting someone so much lower in level.
dude i have other characters he was 20 lvls higher then me.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
1
I can see why it gets to be fairly annoying, but I guess that's just PvP for you. It's not like I play PvP alot but I can relate as both me and my friend both got destroyed by a lower level character.

Really though, in the end it's all just a friendly match between players in a cool game.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
2
PhilosopherNecroma... on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
So I was playing wizard101 with me and some friends the other day and we we were having fun playing practice pvp and then we said, hey lets go play ranked match since we've been doing good as a team overall. So we went to ranked pvp and it was ok we won and lost matches, but what got me infuriated the most was this one game, it was my level 33 friend, a level 41 and me 38 against level 10 6 6. And guess what THEY WON!
And how did they win? simple use two ra's and 1 storm lord in the fifth or sixth round. Is that really fair? Also they were all warlords while my team were just privates????
Sorry man that's just how rank goes sometimes if you don't like it do what i do and get some friends together and have a pvp party. That is always a great time and then you don't have to worry about those warlords that pack tc.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
2
Dmlem28 on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
I think it's really unfair to use treasure cards while doing PvP, because they like to win. Treasure cards should be unallowed in PvP. It's not fair, because the team you gone against have not learned the spells: Ra and Storm Lord. (There wasn't anyone who was in Storm, and that Balance wizards do not learn Ra until level 58) And that privates should go against privates.

Archmage
i don't see why not it has been like this forever. plus if you take treasure cards away it makes it really hard for a private to beat a warlord they will both use tc but without it a level 30 has no chance to beat a warlord with 40 to 50 resist.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
26
I agree! There should be no treasure cards aloud in pvp, it ruins who the "strongest wizard" really is. It shouldn't be who has the best treasure cards, it should be about who the strongest really is.
Courtney lvl 73

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
batmansecretly on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
I agree! There should be no treasure cards aloud in pvp, it ruins who the "strongest wizard" really is. It shouldn't be who has the best treasure cards, it should be about who the strongest really is.
Courtney lvl 73
Listen closely. Strength means nothing if you don't know how to use it and if you think that TC shouldn't be allowed because of strongest wizard then remove gear bonuses as well as they augment strength as well. No. You have the ability to use TC as well and if you choose not to that is your issue. Don't go trying to take away things from others that you can use but choose not to.

Lastly: Going off of my first thing Treasure Cards are powerful yes but they don't guarantee wins. They only even the odds... well depending on what side you're on. But if you think they alone decide the battle you are so very wrong.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
18
In my opinion no it was and is not fair. Matches should be better matched lvl wise and gold card attacks should not be allowed in pvp, gold card buffs, heals sure, maybe but def not attacks. it completely unbalances pvp in my opinion. Basically if u have a ton of gold u can dominate pvp using gold card attacks at lower lvls. Being as how the gold card attack issue in pvp is based on who can afford the best powerful attacks I don't think it's fair this is allowed. Not everyone has a high lvl toon or a ton of gold stockpiled to blow on powerful and expensive gold cards just for pvp. Wiz101 might want to consider atleast putting a lvl restriction of sorts on what lvl u can be to use gold cards, or atleast gold card attacks in pvp to even it out a bit.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
3841
Covenator1162 on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
In my opinion no it was and is not fair. Matches should be better matched lvl wise and gold card attacks should not be allowed in pvp, gold card buffs, heals sure, maybe but def not attacks. it completely unbalances pvp in my opinion. Basically if u have a ton of gold u can dominate pvp using gold card attacks at lower lvls. Being as how the gold card attack issue in pvp is based on who can afford the best powerful attacks I don't think it's fair this is allowed. Not everyone has a high lvl toon or a ton of gold stockpiled to blow on powerful and expensive gold cards just for pvp. Wiz101 might want to consider atleast putting a lvl restriction of sorts on what lvl u can be to use gold cards, or atleast gold card attacks in pvp to even it out a bit.
Gold is FREE and abundant. Go collect some. Frankly your argument doesn't really hold water. High level players aren't the ones using them. Natural attacks are much more powerful than TC attacks at higher level anyways.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
Covenator1162 on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
In my opinion no it was and is not fair. Matches should be better matched lvl wise and gold card attacks should not be allowed in pvp, gold card buffs, heals sure, maybe but def not attacks. it completely unbalances pvp in my opinion. Basically if u have a ton of gold u can dominate pvp using gold card attacks at lower lvls. Being as how the gold card attack issue in pvp is based on who can afford the best powerful attacks I don't think it's fair this is allowed. Not everyone has a high lvl toon or a ton of gold stockpiled to blow on powerful and expensive gold cards just for pvp. Wiz101 might want to consider atleast putting a lvl restriction of sorts on what lvl u can be to use gold cards, or atleast gold card attacks in pvp to even it out a bit.
Unbalanced pvp has always been a thing. Want to remove things to make thing more fair? you'd need to do a lot more than just TC. In fact going off of your logic you'd also say that Crowns Gear should be removed from PVP because not everyone can afford it and pets because not everyone can get a good pet.. Nothing in Wizard101 is equal when it comes to PVP and everything short of hacking is fair. The level cap you suggested could only be used if they fixed the matching system and going off of past trends it's not happening. You're right. Not everyone has a high leveled wizard and not everyone has a lot of gold. But gold... it's easy to obtain. Laughably easy. Leveling is easy to do as well. Quest for levels(yeah some are extremely annoying, I'll concede that) and the gold that comes with quests alongside items that you can sell/feed to pets is a bonus. TC won't be going anywhere anytime soon and this level cap most likely won't ever make an appearance either.

Now before you say everyone wants it gone(if you don't say it someone else will) I'd like to address a bit of issues with that particular statement
1. It's an absolute and these are extremely faulty in debates. It only takes one false case to prove it wrong.
2. It may seem as though most want it gone but there's one thing you should know. People who have complaints about the way things work will be a lot more vocal than those who are fine with it. Very few(comparatively) who are fine with it will actually come out of the woodwork to defend it compared to those who complain about it.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
43
PhilosopherNecroma... on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
So I was playing wizard101 with me and some friends the other day and we we were having fun playing practice pvp and then we said, hey lets go play ranked match since we've been doing good as a team overall. So we went to ranked pvp and it was ok we won and lost matches, but what got me infuriated the most was this one game, it was my level 33 friend, a level 41 and me 38 against level 10 6 6. And guess what THEY WON!
And how did they win? simple use two ra's and 1 storm lord in the fifth or sixth round. Is that really fair? Also they were all warlords while my team were just privates????
I think that it is fair in a way. Treasure cards an important part of PvP, without them, common strategies would crumble. Black mantle TC is extremely common in the second age of PvP when your hand is full of junk and you want to make that turn go to good use. Although the fact that a level 6 used Ra's and Storm Lords is kinda ridonculous. I think TC should be restricted to the level the wizard is in, like a level 20 can use tower shield tc but can't use something like a Sabertooth (If they could get one, rank 10 tc is pretty rare).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
3841
Beecaster24 on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
I think that it is fair in a way. Treasure cards an important part of PvP, without them, common strategies would crumble. Black mantle TC is extremely common in the second age of PvP when your hand is full of junk and you want to make that turn go to good use. Although the fact that a level 6 used Ra's and Storm Lords is kinda ridonculous. I think TC should be restricted to the level the wizard is in, like a level 20 can use tower shield tc but can't use something like a Sabertooth (If they could get one, rank 10 tc is pretty rare).
Restricting them to the level required makes them worthless for higher level spells. If you can cast Sabertooth, the TC is much weaker than a colossal learned version anyways. A level 20 is not likely to get the power pips required to cast a rank 10 spell anyways.