Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm minion is fine

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
I hear a lot of complaints about the storm minion, particularly in PvP. I have to say... I like it. As with most minions, casting it when your opponent is low on pips is best, however... He has good health, shields, heals, throws absorbs, and most important, draws fire from other minions. Yes, he sometimes throws himself a little pity party and refuses to do anything other than to circle as many sprites around himself as he possibly can... however, it still draws fire from enemy minions and often, your enemy will waste time and pips trying to kill him. He also doesn't mess with your setup. He throws traps, but he has never wasted one in all the time I have used him. Bottom line here... he is a VERY effective way of keeping arguably the two best minions, fire and ice, at bay so you can keep focusing on the task of killing your enemy.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Yea it does draw the fire from other minions. But the fact remains why does every spell have to be in good pvp for it to be recognized as a good thing lol. I mean to someone who only quests they would probably say that the storm minion is one of the best. But of course people don't like it because it doesn't benefit them in PvP. I mean there are spells just not meant for PvP that doesn't mean they need to be changed. I mean PvP is an optional part of the game.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
Yea it does draw the fire from other minions. But the fact remains why does every spell have to be in good pvp for it to be recognized as a good thing lol. I mean to someone who only quests they would probably say that the storm minion is one of the best. But of course people don't like it because it doesn't benefit them in PvP. I mean there are spells just not meant for PvP that doesn't mean they need to be changed. I mean PvP is an optional part of the game.

I think that's kind of the point of my post. This minion is useful in both PvE and PvP. Its annoying when he does stupid things, but all minions do stupid things from time to time.