Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop Asking KI to Ban or Level Cap Tcs

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
Charles the Healer on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Okay. Let me illustrate a scenario.

I am playing a level 33 Death, ranked Knight. I am not using TC aside from Reshuffle.
I am playing against a level 47 Myth, ranked Private.

I start off battle by playing semi-defensive, mostly blading but throwing down a shield or weakness here and there. My opponent grabs a Mythblade, a Spirit Blade, and a Feint TC on me. They use their Ice wand spell two times to break through my shields/weaknesses. I cast Vampire, in the hopes of lowering their health enough to make them heal. However, being level 47, they have 2,672 Health, and my Vampire does little damage. They cast Medusa TC, nearly killing me oneshot. While I am healing myself, they blade up and Medusa again, killing me.
What I did: Played defensively, and bladed for a hit. Attacked, and dealt decent damage.
What they did: Bladed, tanked some hits, and used a TC.

It takes no skill at all to spam 8 Pip TC's. However, due to the number of people doing this, it takes incredible skill to rank up in PvP. My opinion: A level cap on TC's, but one that applies to the level of the wizards. For example: No Rnk. 7 or higher spells unless both competing wizards are level 50 or higher. If spamming high level TC is your entire strategy ..? Come on. As I said before, it takes almost no skill at all.
This sentence is entirely my opinion, but I think any Warlord who wins all their fights with a TC doesn't deserve their rank.
OK now picture THIS scenario...
My lvl 50 ice is against and lvl 95 with shadow. And believe me I do get shadow magic people (I've even seen my friend who is a lvl 37 go against one) Your telling me that if I use angel its wrong? Even though its a lvl 68 spell and they are lvl 95? Plus they have hades armor and I have gelndemming gear (which is great but almost never blocks against them) I'm sorry but I don't think tc use here is wrong I mean they are 45 levels higher then me with shadow magic and I can't use anything above a lvl 68 spell.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
BrynnerOfReign on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Yeah ....... it's called leveling your wizard, that's how you resolve the 20 level difference.
So are we all supposed to lvl to 95 so there are no level differences?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
master of the sabe... on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
Since when are you "the expert on myth"? And even if the myth was using blades, blades are almost NEVER above the user's lvl. I am not picky about the school casting tcs, but seriously, it is unfair. when I was lvl 20 and decided to go pvp, I was knocked out by some low lvl with an efreet tc (true story).
I don't see how you approve a magus using storm owl? an apprentice with rain of fire? a novice with forest lord? does that all seem fair to you? wow.
Wolf RavenBreath93
I never claimed to be expert on myth, but you are the one who made up the scenario. I merely stated that in order to place multiple blades, the level 20 myth MUST use TC that are above his level, Spirit Blade is a lvl 25 spell. There's no Treasure Card for Storm Owl, but even if there were, YES it's the MOST fair thing in the game. EVERYONE has the same access to treasure cards no matter what level they are. What could BE more fair?

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
I never claimed to be expert on myth, but you are the one who made up the scenario. I merely stated that in order to place multiple blades, the level 20 myth MUST use TC that are above his level, Spirit Blade is a lvl 25 spell. There's no Treasure Card for Storm Owl, but even if there were, YES it's the MOST fair thing in the game. EVERYONE has the same access to treasure cards no matter what level they are. What could BE more fair?
Who says the myth used a spirit blade? maybe he used a blanceblade, or a bladestorm, never said he used a spirit blade. Everything is more fair than what you are saying. I admit I was wrong about the storm owl tc, but everything else was completely true.
Wolf RavenBreath93
"Great minds think alike"

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
LesRoo. on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
OK now picture THIS scenario...
My lvl 50 ice is against and lvl 95 with shadow. And believe me I do get shadow magic people (I've even seen my friend who is a lvl 37 go against one) Your telling me that if I use angel its wrong? Even though its a lvl 68 spell and they are lvl 95? Plus they have hades armor and I have gelndemming gear (which is great but almost never blocks against them) I'm sorry but I don't think tc use here is wrong I mean they are 45 levels higher then me with shadow magic and I can't use anything above a lvl 68 spell.
it really isn't possible to get paired up with someone that high lvl.
Wolf RavenBreath93

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
Simple, just have a classic option for ranked pvp. We already have it for tournaments.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
KorekuEternal on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
....B-But, do you see nothing wrong with,

A novice wizard using Efreet?

A magus wizard who can use Medusa??

A journeyman wizard using snow angel???

Treasure Cards have been abused lately. It's like the word "treasure" means nothing anymore. Perhaps not ban all treasure cards in pvp, but get rid of rank 7 spells and above.
Well said. I completely agree.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
master of the sabe... on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
it really isn't possible to get paired up with someone that high lvl.
Wolf RavenBreath93
If your rank is high enough yes it is. I really wish I had a screen shot to prove it. My wizards are overlords so they go against very high levels. And my lvl 37 friend has a rank of over 3k that's how he got paired that way it does happen

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
my question is.....is the pvp a different server from the main server? if not it should of been. making changes, corrections and maintaining that way is much faster and less of a headache.
second its more then just TC you have to think about...it is also the wands, armors and pets the players use.
you moan and groan about OP players and wanting it to be a fair pvp, (as do I but I don't moan and groan about it) but simply put they probably wont but if they should then it would have to be setup like this for any player stats...
attack capped to 75% (Stops OP players)
resist capped to 75%
accuracy capped to 75%
critical capped to 0% (Stops OP players)
critical block capped to 0%
Pets allowed the "may cast" (since you trained them to learned it)
treasure cards not allowed (if you didn't learn the spell you shouldn't be allowed to cast it) (Stops Cheaters and OP players)
starting at lvl 20 for every 10 lvls you can only face players that are between 20-29, 30-39, ect... (except for lvl 80 you will fight those who are 80-95).

lets face it if you based our wizard duels with the movies from harry potter wizard duels, our TC would be like them trying to cast a spell from hand written note they are holding but you don't see them holding notes to cast spells cause they had to learn there spells, right? but this is just my opinion to trying to make it a fair wizards due for all.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
HajimeNoIppo on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
my question is.....is the pvp a different server from the main server? if not it should of been. making changes, corrections and maintaining that way is much faster and less of a headache.
second its more then just TC you have to think about...it is also the wands, armors and pets the players use.
you moan and groan about OP players and wanting it to be a fair pvp, (as do I but I don't moan and groan about it) but simply put they probably wont but if they should then it would have to be setup like this for any player stats...
attack capped to 75% (Stops OP players)
resist capped to 75%
accuracy capped to 75%
critical capped to 0% (Stops OP players)
critical block capped to 0%
Pets allowed the "may cast" (since you trained them to learned it)
treasure cards not allowed (if you didn't learn the spell you shouldn't be allowed to cast it) (Stops Cheaters and OP players)
starting at lvl 20 for every 10 lvls you can only face players that are between 20-29, 30-39, ect... (except for lvl 80 you will fight those who are 80-95).

lets face it if you based our wizard duels with the movies from harry potter wizard duels, our TC would be like them trying to cast a spell from hand written note they are holding but you don't see them holding notes to cast spells cause they had to learn there spells, right? but this is just my opinion to trying to make it a fair wizards due for all.
let me recapped the lvl 20 ideal for that is ONLY for 1v1. for the 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 it should be no higher or lower the a 20 lvl difference, (ex. 20-39, 40-59, 60-79 and 80-95).

also the high attack, resist, accuracy as well as crit, crit block, and treasure cards were only suppose to be use on all the worlds to help us with our quest and not for pvp but for some reason or another they were not due to they saw no real reason to do so. can it be fixed or changed, probably not, I don't really know. but as all of you have read and seen from all the post about op players and TC ban post, it really should be addressed to there programmers.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
KorekuEternal on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
....B-But, do you see nothing wrong with,

A novice wizard using Efreet?

A magus wizard who can use Medusa??

A journeyman wizard using snow angel???

Treasure Cards have been abused lately. It's like the word "treasure" means nothing anymore. Perhaps not ban all treasure cards in pvp, but get rid of rank 7 spells and above.
A novice wizard using Efreet? highly unlikely, UNLESS the wizard SOMEHOW manages to get two Power Pips or has a fire mastery amulet, it would be VERY unlikely for that to happen, MAYBE KI could make it in practice pvp where you set up a match to have no tc whatsoever BUT that is also highly unlikely, trust me, I been creamed a couple times by tc,but so what? don't do pvp at all if you have a problem with it!

~Luke NightTalon lvl 54

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
Luke NightTallon on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
A novice wizard using Efreet? highly unlikely, UNLESS the wizard SOMEHOW manages to get two Power Pips or has a fire mastery amulet, it would be VERY unlikely for that to happen, MAYBE KI could make it in practice pvp where you set up a match to have no tc whatsoever BUT that is also highly unlikely, trust me, I been creamed a couple times by tc,but so what? don't do pvp at all if you have a problem with it!

~Luke NightTalon lvl 54
I agree with you.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
master of the sabe... on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
first of all, you never get paired up with somebody that high or low in ranked pvp. second, i'm not even sure orthrus is trained at that lvl. weakness is not trained for the myth school. Since you are balance, you should know that since balance is actually the school that receives weakness. Hope I made my point.

Wolf RavenBreath 93
Wow dude do you know ANYTHING about spells and pvp? I've seen your posts throughout this thread and well to tell you the truth you don't know a thing of what you're talking about. Orthrus is trained at lvl 48, weakness can be trained by anyone of any school, and it is possible to vs someone 20+ lvls above you in ranked pvp. I seriously think you should check your facts before posting. Tc is just fine in pvp since anyone can use them so I don't see what the problem with them is.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Yeah ....... it's called leveling your wizard, that's how you resolve the 20 level difference.
Really dude? Whether you're lvl 10, lvl 30, or even lvl 50 and you're a warlord you'll always run into someone 20+ lvls above you in ranked pvp. My lvl 10 ice overlord vs lvl 30+ wizards all the time in ranked pvp but if I lvl him up to 30 I know he'll start vs lvl 50 wizards and he will still vs people 20+ lvls above him even at lvl 50. Plus anyone should be able to pvp at any lvl without unfair matching.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
I have been looking at various debates about this topic. I DEFINITELY think there should be a TC level cap. Treasures cards aren't A strategy for low level wizards, its their ONLY strategy. Don't get me wrong, i have a low level warlord after all, but i've been coming to realize all i have been doing is replenishing the TC part of my deck full of heavy attacks, infallibles, and other high level things. TC's are fine i think in higher level PvP's, but when you're in a low level PvP, what makes the low level the low level? All of these "low levels" are using tritons, frost giants, efreets, dr. von, medusa - you name it. Not a lot of strategy goes into these PvP's anymore, just survive and build up pips for a high level attack. Just my opinion, not looking to get into a huge argument :P.

~John Windcaster level 95 rank 1020

~John Smith level 30 rank 954

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
Dr willowbreeze on Oct 16, 2013 wrote:
The only problem I have with treasure cards is that people not of the life school like to use our healing spells. It seriously irks me to a point where I just want to yell at that player for even having it. Treasure cards plain and simple have RUINED every schools uniqueness by allowing schools to be able to use other schools school-only spells, and stronger versions at that. I also hate it when a non-life wizard wants to play healer, when there is already a theurgist in the group, and even worse they have a life mastery amulet. Life wizards will always be better than any other wizard at healing, no one can beat our healing so why do they even try too be wannabe life wizards. If you want to heal be a theurgist, same if ya want to do lots of damage go for storm. Rebirth , dryad, and regenerate seriously need to be removed , as well as every other school only spell, with these ridiculous pets and them casting a fairy 4x in a row every time their owner gets hit, there is no need for our healing tc's to be used. even worse yet is now there are these new amulets that work just like mastery amulets but give stats to a person's wizard. life mastery's where enough but now KI had to go and make a glorified version of it, great -_-. People are so hypocritical when it comes down to healing and life wizards. on one side they say we life wizards are about healing and the damage schools are fire and storm, but the same crowd want to argue against us life wizards if we complain about life masteries and healing tc's(rebirth, dryad, and regenerate) and pet healing. You can't have it both ways, either all school only spells are removed as tc's or limit the pet healing rate, as it doesn't matter how hard someone worked to get their perfect pet, a pet should not be able to cause a major turning point in a pvp battle. I am sorry if I completely changed the subject here, but I just needed to let it out.
hmm.....you have an interesting point, BUT, the new exalted amulets are prometheans only, also, why would KI take out Rebirth, Dryad, and regenerate? Sure they can get annoying if the opponent is spamming them, but don't take them out all together! Just ban them for PVP or Reduce the amount of healing they do.

Luke NightTalon lvl 54

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
John Windcaster on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
I have been looking at various debates about this topic. I DEFINITELY think there should be a TC level cap. Treasures cards aren't A strategy for low level wizards, its their ONLY strategy. Don't get me wrong, i have a low level warlord after all, but i've been coming to realize all i have been doing is replenishing the TC part of my deck full of heavy attacks, infallibles, and other high level things. TC's are fine i think in higher level PvP's, but when you're in a low level PvP, what makes the low level the low level? All of these "low levels" are using tritons, frost giants, efreets, dr. von, medusa - you name it. Not a lot of strategy goes into these PvP's anymore, just survive and build up pips for a high level attack. Just my opinion, not looking to get into a huge argument :P.

~John Windcaster level 95 rank 1020

~John Smith level 30 rank 954
There's nothing wrong in my opinion with using overleveled treasure cards being their only strategy. One of the main purposes of treasure cards is to be able to use spells you can't access.