Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Solar Surge needs to be more accessible to players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
11
The spell is a great change but two things need to be changed on aquiring it.

- Change the minimum rank to private:

it makes zero sense why you have to win a few games without solar surge when ur opponent could have solar surge (competivie disadvantage)

- Give a training point quest that can be done by any level or make it free to train:

Players in low levels might be forced to level up or refund training points just to learn solar surge. Makes no sense when damage enchants are crucial to pvp and some players want to pvp at a specific level that is not the max level.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
341
flyagon on Nov 19, 2020 wrote:
The spell is a great change but two things need to be changed on aquiring it.

- Change the minimum rank to private:

it makes zero sense why you have to win a few games without solar surge when ur opponent could have solar surge (competivie disadvantage)

- Give a training point quest that can be done by any level or make it free to train:

Players in low levels might be forced to level up or refund training points just to learn solar surge. Makes no sense when damage enchants are crucial to pvp and some players want to pvp at a specific level that is not the max level.
I agree. I don't like that I have to be Veteran just to learn the spell.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
1
While I completely agree with the choice to add solar surge to pvp, I really hate that they did not make it accessible to everyone. They should have made it private rank requirement, or better yet, add a weaker version of solar surge with a private rank requirement.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2019
7
This is a reoccurring problem and a general theme of all PvP. Having to be certain rank to access certain critical spells while at the same time constantly facing those who have the spells, gear, etc. Makes PvP almost completely inaccessible to new accounts. I don't remember it being like this back in 2009-2012, lots of people pvp'd.
now it seems very few people do it, even peak hours are only a handful of matches available.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2015
17
flyagon on Nov 19, 2020 wrote:
The spell is a great change but two things need to be changed on aquiring it.

- Change the minimum rank to private:

it makes zero sense why you have to win a few games without solar surge when ur opponent could have solar surge (competivie disadvantage)

- Give a training point quest that can be done by any level or make it free to train:

Players in low levels might be forced to level up or refund training points just to learn solar surge. Makes no sense when damage enchants are crucial to pvp and some players want to pvp at a specific level that is not the max level.
I agree, there was no reason to change what we already had, and were use too.
This is another error on KI''s part, even though they are honestly trying to fix PVP.
They don't play the game at multiple levels, that is the only reason that I can think of,
that someone would do this.

If they had removed Jade Gear in the Beginning, Removed Critical from PVP, none of this
would have needed to be done.
The rebalancing of the spells, was fine, that was really a good move.
The Major nerf on LoreMaster was a bit much, it made the spell useless.

The blocking of the Side deck from Enchanted spells, was another major (let me tick the players off move).
The JADE and Critical errors need to be fixed, sooner the better.
More players have quit PVP, exactly what we don't need, at a time when we don't need it.
Fix the game, listen to the players, not just the top 1% of the top 1% in the game....

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
24
3DGhost on Dec 3, 2020 wrote:
I agree, there was no reason to change what we already had, and were use too.
This is another error on KI''s part, even though they are honestly trying to fix PVP.
They don't play the game at multiple levels, that is the only reason that I can think of,
that someone would do this.

If they had removed Jade Gear in the Beginning, Removed Critical from PVP, none of this
would have needed to be done.
The rebalancing of the spells, was fine, that was really a good move.
The Major nerf on LoreMaster was a bit much, it made the spell useless.

The blocking of the Side deck from Enchanted spells, was another major (let me tick the players off move).
The JADE and Critical errors need to be fixed, sooner the better.
More players have quit PVP, exactly what we don't need, at a time when we don't need it.
Fix the game, listen to the players, not just the top 1% of the top 1% in the game....
I agree accept I think what they did with Jade Gear was fine. Defensive metas should be fine, just not to the extent it was going. I 100% disagree with removing critical and I believe the changes were good. Reason 1: with Jade metas all but coming too an end, without this critical block would have been a pointless stat entirely. Reason 2: and this I'm very passionate about. The Devs claim they want PvP to stay true to PvE since after all it IS the same game. Yes gear and playstyle will be different but rules should be the same. This is why I was upset at the 125% critical opposing the 200% pve crit. Why? Make pve 125% as well. If that makes the game too hard that means bosses are too hard. So fix it. There's no reason to have any difference between pve and pvp in that aspect. Some areas (ie bad juju) yes, and yes some things need to be banned. But critical isn't one that's necessary.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
1
ki should make pvp more accessable to new and returning player, not less. why cant we get solar surge until we reach a certian rankt especially when enchants are crucial for pvp. people not already at veteran are at a huge disadvantage and its going to be insanely difficult if not impossible to get to veteran from private without solar surge. getting gear and making pets is already enough of a grind, please fix this and stop making new barriers for pvp.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
47
PvP should be more accessible to players in general. Solar surge definitely needs to be available at an earlier rank.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2021
1
you do know that you have access to pierce enchants, right?

Survivor
Jan 29, 2014
12
contentious wizard on Feb 6, 2021 wrote:
you do know that you have access to pierce enchants, right?
Pierce Enchants are pretty much universally worse than Solar-Surge, and you have to waste a lot of training-points to unlock them.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
830
Logan Spritespear on Apr 11, 2021 wrote:
Pierce Enchants are pretty much universally worse than Solar-Surge, and you have to waste a lot of training-points to unlock them.
I disagree with this one, pierce enchants are actually viable and is better when going into set resist vs damage enchants that scales with pip.