Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow magic ruined pvp

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Kingsisle please consider adding a no shadow magic pvp mode, Shadow pips are so random and make the player going first almost always win because of the shear amount of damage that they can output. If you look at legendary level 60 pvp, you will notice that all of the schools are balanced and their school traits are shining through. At legendary people can actually outplay someone from second, but at max level with shadow pips it is almost impossible. The amount of offense that schools like fire and storm have are insane at max level and every school has 4 pip shadow spells that do 4000 with a critical in shrike. (critical decay has made everyone not be able to block anything at max level anyways so we always get criticaled on) Everyone at max level just waits to get shadow pips and shrikes and spams hits making shields and resist be useless. Legendary level 60 pvp is more balanced, granted there are unfair spells like loremaster, burning rampage and headless horseman at that level but it is a different game and it is easier to outplay someone from second making the first turn advantage not be as great. Granted if kingsisle does make a no shadow pip ranked mode, jade gear should also be banned from that mode as well because it causes problems at low level when you can't shrike. But at max shrike is just used to spam shadow hits on normal none jading players and its just impossible to out play shadow pips. I have a legendary level 65 myth wizard that i love to pvp on because there are no shadow pips at that level but i am 1700 rank now and i get people with shadow pips there as well, lots of people do low level to escape the shadow magic infested arena of max level pvp that makes people not want to level up. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and please consider a no shadow pip pvp mode.