Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rankinkg the schools.

1
AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
Yes I know this is a very debatable topic but it has occured to me that as time progresses the first turn advantage becomes more and more biased. So I was thinking how would you rate the schools if you went second. I thought of this because in theory your suppose to have a 50:50 chance so you should be going second every other battle.

So basically which school plays second best. From there put them in order of best to worst.

I think it goes something like this.

Ice
Myth
Fire
Balance
Death
Storm
Life

I know for sure storm and life are at the bottom since they both don't have a DoT making it hard for them to play second.

I think balance and death are pretty close I am not sure which is truly better. By going second mana burn isn't too good for balance to use. They still have judgement though they are open to more weaknesses and tower shields. Also they have chimera which would probably be there best bet.

Ice myth and fire. Again not to easy to place. I mean since ice has frostbite and angel they are set. Plus the large amount of health and resistance gives them an advantage.
Um myth has basilisk, Minotaur, and orthrus.
Then fire is full of DoT spells.

So what are your thoughts? What do you think is the right order?

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
78
Balance
Ice
Myth
Life
Fire
Death
Storm

I hate when people underestimate life and balance. These are the schools I most commonly obtain a high rank via 1v1 and who I face the most often (although I haven't fought on my highest ranked char in awhile).

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
305
Snowyandspots wrote:
Yes I know this is a very debatable topic but it has occured to me that as time progresses the first turn advantage becomes more and more biased. So I was thinking how would you rate the schools if you went second. I thought of this because in theory your suppose to have a 50:50 chance so you should be going second every other battle.

So basically which school plays second best. From there put them in order of best to worst.

I think it goes something like this.

Ice
Myth
Fire
Balance
Death
Storm
Life

I know for sure storm and life are at the bottom since they both don't have a DoT making it hard for them to play second.

I think balance and death are pretty close I am not sure which is truly better. By going second mana burn isn't too good for balance to use. They still have judgement though they are open to more weaknesses and tower shields. Also they have chimera which would probably be there best bet.

Ice myth and fire. Again not to easy to place. I mean since ice has frostbite and angel they are set. Plus the large amount of health and resistance gives them an advantage.
Um myth has basilisk, Minotaur, and orthrus.
Then fire is full of DoT spells.

So what are your thoughts? What do you think is the right order?


Close. I would go more the less like this:

Myth
Fire
Ice
Balance
Life
Death
Storm

Myth because myth is supreme. Fire has good tools to use. Ice from resist and health. Balance because its underrated. Life because of GS. Death because its not an easy school to play as in general PVP wise. Storm because it is hard to pvp in 1v1 with.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
thejordanator wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
Yes I know this is a very debatable topic but it has occured to me that as time progresses the first turn advantage becomes more and more biased. So I was thinking how would you rate the schools if you went second. I thought of this because in theory your suppose to have a 50:50 chance so you should be going second every other battle.

So basically which school plays second best. From there put them in order of best to worst.

I think it goes something like this.

Ice
Myth
Fire
Balance
Death
Storm
Life

I know for sure storm and life are at the bottom since they both don't have a DoT making it hard for them to play second.

I think balance and death are pretty close I am not sure which is truly better. By going second mana burn isn't too good for balance to use. They still have judgement though they are open to more weaknesses and tower shields. Also they have chimera which would probably be there best bet.

Ice myth and fire. Again not to easy to place. I mean since ice has frostbite and angel they are set. Plus the large amount of health and resistance gives them an advantage.
Um myth has basilisk, Minotaur, and orthrus.
Then fire is full of DoT spells.

So what are your thoughts? What do you think is the right order?


Close. I would go more the less like this:

Myth
Fire
Ice
Balance
Life
Death
Storm

Myth because myth is supreme. Fire has good tools to use. Ice from resist and health. Balance because its underrated. Life because of GS. Death because its not an easy school to play as in general PVP wise. Storm because it is hard to pvp in 1v1 with.

Hmm the only reason why I put life at the bottom is because they only have single hit attacks. Also by going second you can't control the bubble so if doom is kept up the life will wither away.

Yea I think your right myth should be at the top.

I still think death should be 4-5 since they have skeletal dragon, poison, and deadly minotaur.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
182
First off its Ranking not "Rankinkg, secondly there isnt such thing as schools ranks because all of those schools can beat each other. Each school is dominant and powerful in their own ways. I disagree with topics like these.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
conno365 wrote:
First off its Ranking not "Rankinkg, secondly there isnt such thing as schools ranks because all of those schools can beat each other. Each school is dominant and powerful in their own ways. I disagree with topics like these.

Yea I am aware of how to spell "ranking". It was a typo. I can't edit the title and the reason for the typo is because I did this on my iPad. Cut me some slack. :?

On to the topic. I laugh when people say every school is equal because it is not. That's like believing in a utopia. I am curious to see if you pvp a lot because some schools are on top it's easy to see.

I am not going to scream op or nerf but simply certain schools will be better than others until new spells and gear come out. Ice rose up to the top after celestial. Before it wasn't as good as other schools.

I am a death warlord and I know when I am beat by certain schools. For instance death vs myth. Death will lose due to myths spells. I have taken the time to try and find a way around fighting myth going second but simply there is no method.
That's just one example.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
For me my perosnal rankings would be:
1. Storm, no mercy and my best and main school
2. Fire, hate shields, pierce them all!
3. Death, deals damage while heals, hey i'll take that
4. Myth, great spells, and better than the ones below
5. Balance, never really got into it :(, and i'm horrible at it :(
6. Life, love it so so much, but i could never resist casting attacks over heal
7. Ice, idk never played it much in pvp, great school, i like defense, but hate long matches

Survivor
May 31, 2009
14
Um ok. No no no no. Us Balancers have the most impossible time in PVP. We have no DoT, no good healing spells (availing hands is not good), not a Balance spell that does massive Balance damage (Levy, Dr. Von, Gnome, Mammoth, Medusa, Efreet,), no spears (which infuriated that we only got elemental and spirit ones)( And then you let other schools have it for training points?), no prism (Poor, poor low level Balancers must wait FOREVER before they finally get a spell to use against Balance enemies that boosts) . We have finally received two new spells that are fairly good ... but only in PVP! Ok Judge is good... but tempest easily over shadows it with Storm's gear boost and the ability for it to hit all the enemies. You know... I have only seen 2 Balance wizard warlords... One was a level 2 (you know how they spend crowns on gear and go to PVP and dominate other low levels) and a level 15 (who had als done the same). So no... Balance has been left behind I say... Maybe not left behind... But not taken as well care of.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
Balence88 wrote:
Um ok. No no no no. Us Balancers have the most impossible time in PVP. We have no DoT, no good healing spells (availing hands is not good), not a Balance spell that does massive Balance damage (Levy, Dr. Von, Gnome, Mammoth, Medusa, Efreet,), no spears (which infuriated that we only got elemental and spirit ones)( And then you let other schools have it for training points?), no prism (Poor, poor low level Balancers must wait FOREVER before they finally get a spell to use against Balance enemies that boosts) . We have finally received two new spells that are fairly good ... but only in PVP! Ok Judge is good... but tempest easily over shadows it with Storm's gear boost and the ability for it to hit all the enemies. You know... I have only seen 2 Balance wizard warlords... One was a level 2 (you know how they spend crowns on gear and go to PVP and dominate other low levels) and a level 15 (who had als done the same). So no... Balance has been left behind I say... Maybe not left behind... But not taken as well care of.


Umm... I am not going to get into a debate about one school. This topic is more broad... It's about all the schools. Please don't go into a rant I know I do sometimes but if you rant please make your own topic for it.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
170
putting life on the bottom just because we don't have a dot does not make going second worse a good life wizard does not care if they are second or not
with good pip management knowing what heal to use and when to use it and good card management it wont matter whether your first or second

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
305
Sariana1337 wrote:
putting life on the bottom just because we don't have a dot does not make going second worse a good life wizard does not care if they are second or not
with good pip management knowing what heal to use and when to use it and good card management it wont matter whether your first or second


Sariana, I know you are just defending your school, but it appears if anyone ever puts life below where you would, thats the only thing you post on.

Someone has to be last. You cannot avoid that. It just happened to be life here. Granted, there are more then a fair share of life wizards who I know could blow me away in 1v1. You have to understand though, people are on different skill levels. That second paragraph is filled with a lot of ifs. If I had 100 archmage life wizards' stats, some of them would have a rank of 200. Some would have a rank of 2000. Some use different items, different cards. This is why we AVERAGE the stats to get an AVERAGE skills of an AVERAGE life

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
Sariana1337 wrote:
putting life on the bottom just because we don't have a dot does not make going second worse a good life wizard does not care if they are second or not
with good pip management knowing what heal to use and when to use it and good card management it wont matter whether your first or second


Like I said before going second verse going first does make a difference. If both players are even in skill level the player going first has a much high chance of winning.

I rarely ever lose to life going first because there attack spells make them predictable. Also as long as I can control doom they will lose, unless they keep criticaling their heals -.- This is just an example.

Please rank all the schools and not just one. You may elaborate on one but please list all schools.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
170
i wasn't angry i was just making a point but i guess your avrage life wizard is pretty noobish playing a life wizard does take a little more skill to play then most of the other schools because when people find out your life there hole team focuses there attacks on you and staying alive becomes a challange even more so when the rest of your team mates refuse to heal you

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
184
Sariana1337 wrote:
i wasn't angry i was just making a point but i guess your avrage life wizard is pretty noobish playing a life wizard does take a little more skill to play then most of the other schools because when people find out your life there hole team focuses there attacks on you and staying alive becomes a challange even more so when the rest of your team mates refuse to heal you


Just because she gave her opinion doesn't make her life wizard noobish. Same as you calling me a troll for expressing my opinions.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
i wasn't angry i was just making a point but i guess your avrage life wizard is pretty noobish playing a life wizard does take a little more skill to play then most of the other schools because when people find out your life there hole team focuses there attacks on you and staying alive becomes a challange even more so when the rest of your team mates refuse to heal you


Just because she gave her opinion doesn't make her life wizard noobish. Same as you calling me a troll for expressing my opinions.


Um this is the first time you posted on this topic so I have no idea what your talking about.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
170
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
i wasn't angry i was just making a point but i guess your avrage life wizard is pretty noobish playing a life wizard does take a little more skill to play then most of the other schools because when people find out your life there hole team focuses there attacks on you and staying alive becomes a challange even more so when the rest of your team mates refuse to heal you


Just because she gave her opinion doesn't make her life wizard noobish. Same as you calling me a troll for expressing my opinions.


i didn't list any names i was not calling any one specific a noob i was simply stating that most people who are new to playing life wizards can be noombish
when it comes to learning how to play life

there are different play styles to each school life wizards just have to be a little more hardcore in our play styles because we are one of the most hated schools next to ice now i wont actually rate any of the schools because that would be unfair to them all because no one school is more or less special then the other it's all in your play style and strategy

when picking a school to play despite what the descriptions say they don't have much bearing on the actual schools any more yes ice has more resist then the other schools and yes life has stronger heals but that's about it
but these days even the other schools are healing pretty close to what life can do but that's another can of worms any way when picking a school you are mearly picking your play style to start with

yes at the start storm does more damage yes at the start fire is the only one with dots but once ice reaches a certain level they also get dots death also gets dots latter game all the schools become pretty much the same any one can do hardcore damage any one can heal back to full with one heal every one gets a pet how ever not every one gets a dot life and i think myth correct me if i'm wrong about myth but i know for a fact life has no dot and so no school is more special than any of the other schools
and vice versa are there people who have picked a school and like it so much that they are proud that picked that school absolutely i my self and one such person

any one can blade up and do massive damage i have actually seen a life wizard do 9K damage how ever i have no idea how they pulled that off i my self am not an offensive life wizard i am more defensive and focus my deck builds more towards supporting my team rather then dishing out massive damage

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
I'll make this quick and easy for everyone who reads this:

Ice
Myth
Death
Life
Balance
Fire
Storm

Poor storm... oh no :(

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
305
Sariana1337 wrote:
putting life on the bottom just because we don't have a dot does not make going second worse a good life wizard does not care if they are second or not
with good pip management knowing what heal to use and when to use it and good card management it wont matter whether your first or second


Being a turtle doesn't take skill. It takes a shell, and a slow paced play style. That way you can beat those storm wizards who like to go in to a pvp hoping to be out of it in 30 seconds.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
Ronster55 wrote:
I'll make this quick and easy for everyone who reads this:

Ice
Myth
Death
Life
Balance
Fire
Storm

Poor storm... oh no :(


huh interesting you think death is third hmmm.... Though it seems we all agree ice and myth are at the top

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
thejordanator wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
putting life on the bottom just because we don't have a dot does not make going second worse a good life wizard does not care if they are second or not
with good pip management knowing what heal to use and when to use it and good card management it wont matter whether your first or second


Being a turtle doesn't take skill. It takes a shell, and a slow paced play style. That way you can beat those storm wizards who like to go in to a pvp hoping to be out of it in 30 seconds.


yea pretty much :?

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
170
thejordanator wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
putting life on the bottom just because we don't have a dot does not make going second worse a good life wizard does not care if they are second or not
with good pip management knowing what heal to use and when to use it and good card management it wont matter whether your first or second


Being a turtle doesn't take skill. It takes a shell, and a slow paced play style. That way you can beat those storm wizards who like to go in to a pvp hoping to be out of it in 30 seconds.


so your saying it doesn't take skill to play a life wizard?

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
495
Sariana1337 wrote:
thejordanator wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
putting life on the bottom just because we don't have a dot does not make going second worse a good life wizard does not care if they are second or not
with good pip management knowing what heal to use and when to use it and good card management it wont matter whether your first or second


Being a turtle doesn't take skill. It takes a shell, and a slow paced play style. That way you can beat those storm wizards who like to go in to a pvp hoping to be out of it in 30 seconds.


so your saying it doesn't take skill to play a life wizard?


What he's saying is, if you have patience and time you can beat someone without those.

Please don't go making assumptions. As for no skill playing a Life, I know form the start that it does. Mainly because I didn't have the heart myself to play the support school that Life is viewed as, or to differ from that.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
29
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
Ice
Death
Fire
Myth
Life
Balance
Storm

I rated mine by my experience. I love playing the first 4...the others not so much. :)

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
27
This is a tough question. i can't find any way to disagree with anyone other than giving storm some slack. My main wizard is storm, it's been ok for me, it's not been easy for soloing i admit that. The beauty of storm is being able to defeat your opponent before they defeat you, the accuracy everyone hates. With the right gear storm is a worthy opponent. Please Never Forget Storm. Storm has always been my favorite along with death as they have the ability to damage enemies and heal at the same time, they get boosts like feint which can make any spell formidable. How many times have death and storm helped you? I hope you rethink your rankings after this.

Thanks

1