Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP tips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
Okay, so I'm a private and I really want to get better! Here is some info about me:

I'm lvl 50

I'm in storm school

I have a lot of storm damage (so "get storm damage" won't be a very useful tip)

Please post some helpful tips about pvp. Thank you and have a good day!

"Your life is yours, and the only one who can truly change it is you."

Mindy GoldPetal, Grandmaster Diviner

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
mindygoldpetal on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
Okay, so I'm a private and I really want to get better! Here is some info about me:

I'm lvl 50

I'm in storm school

I have a lot of storm damage (so "get storm damage" won't be a very useful tip)

Please post some helpful tips about pvp. Thank you and have a good day!

"Your life is yours, and the only one who can truly change it is you."

Mindy GoldPetal, Grandmaster Diviner
The a lot would help more if I had specifics, since "a lot" to me is over 120%, but I don't know if yours is over 50% or over 70% or what. Here is some semi-generic tips with some storm specifics at the end.
-Don't stack shields. If you do, you're asking for an overtime.
-Don't stack anything actually.
-Don't equip a lot of healing. Once you have to start healing as anything but an ice or life(Or hit and steal for death) you've pretty much lost the battle. Cast shields at times when they will stop any major damage from getting on you.
-Try and get a healer pet. Not absolutely needed, but it helps very much.
-Shields should be applied against buffs. Don't shield until they cast a blade or trap(Unless you know they have a very good damage boost) and only shield what school the buff is, to prevent wanding off.
-Never Supercharge, blade right before attacking. This assumes you have all shields removed before you attack; a storm wand isn't that bad an idea.
-Keep Darkwind up; this helps tons when hitting multiple times.
-Cast Conviction or Fortify until ready to hit, and then cast amplify, vengeance, or infallible(at level 50 these probably be treasure cards).
-Cast a lower pip spell in case of shields(Like Wild bolt), a higher pip spell(Like Kraken) and then a finisher (Like Leviathan or Triton).
As long as you play smart, Warlord comes easy.

Michael FirebringerWarlord

Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
As a wizard I find the storm people that thrash me tend to stack a few blades, add damage to spells with the sun school and go crazy. Storm can get dispel weakness, a few TC from myth should take out some lame shields. Feints can be really broken in this case since shatter takes out all their helpful (but mean to you) shields. You should be able to manage a one shot this way. Otherwise just nuke hard, dispel buffs if you can (siren comes to mind) and have a few area attacks in case of a pesky minion. Try not to pass too much and you should be fine. resist gear is a must for pvp i hate to say, but even without it you'll find someone to smash given enough time.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
1320Wraith on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
The a lot would help more if I had specifics, since "a lot" to me is over 120%, but I don't know if yours is over 50% or over 70% or what. Here is some semi-generic tips with some storm specifics at the end.
-Don't stack shields. If you do, you're asking for an overtime.
-Don't stack anything actually.
-Don't equip a lot of healing. Once you have to start healing as anything but an ice or life(Or hit and steal for death) you've pretty much lost the battle. Cast shields at times when they will stop any major damage from getting on you.
-Try and get a healer pet. Not absolutely needed, but it helps very much.
-Shields should be applied against buffs. Don't shield until they cast a blade or trap(Unless you know they have a very good damage boost) and only shield what school the buff is, to prevent wanding off.
-Never Supercharge, blade right before attacking. This assumes you have all shields removed before you attack; a storm wand isn't that bad an idea.
-Keep Darkwind up; this helps tons when hitting multiple times.
-Cast Conviction or Fortify until ready to hit, and then cast amplify, vengeance, or infallible(at level 50 these probably be treasure cards).
-Cast a lower pip spell in case of shields(Like Wild bolt), a higher pip spell(Like Kraken) and then a finisher (Like Leviathan or Triton).
As long as you play smart, Warlord comes easy.

Michael FirebringerWarlord
any pvp tips for ice? plz

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
I am a fire wizard level 80 and i am really bad at pvp i ranked down bad when i entered wizard101 as a new player i just play and loose till i came around 200 so i now i tried to gain to be warlord but i went down to 98
so i just use random cards before but now i have taken a look at all the pvp guides and i picked up a phew tricks and strategies and i made some of my self.
so i now used my training points to get infection,cloak,weakness and inflammable.
i will send a picture of my new deck setup and see if you like it and by then i know i will be warlord soon
Thanks for reading
flint rainblade lvl80

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
Thanks guys! You really helped! I'm a lvl 90 warlord now, and its thanks to you guys. You guys are awesome!

Mindy Goldpetal, Promethean Diviner