Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp match ups sucks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2014
there should be no reason why i am a lvl 22 fire going against a grandmaster life who knows how to pvp no reason at all, i shouldnt be going against nobody lvl 30 plus and no the lvl 30 can have magus gear fix this

Survivor
Sep 07, 2015
As long as you don't check the "all opponents" box or whatever it says, the game should match you with someone close to your skill level

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I have never checked the box, and it always matches me with someone outside my skill level.. So it doesn't matter if you check the box or don't check the box. They match you with whoever they want. Try it sometime and see.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
jakehjk3 on Nov 13, 2017 wrote:
I have never checked the box, and it always matches me with someone outside my skill level.. So it doesn't matter if you check the box or don't check the box. They match you with whoever they want. Try it sometime and see.
I agree Jacky boy~ am not a bias of any school but the fact on my first ever 3 rank matches that i was so happen to be paired up with the 3 highest rank in the sequence of captain>commander>warlord. Ice>Ice> juju spammer. and my find all opponents box was unchecked was not only annoying but only proves the poor quality and maintenance k i has around pvp.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
jonathan2693 on Nov 16, 2017 wrote:
I agree Jacky boy~ am not a bias of any school but the fact on my first ever 3 rank matches that i was so happen to be paired up with the 3 highest rank in the sequence of captain>commander>warlord. Ice>Ice> juju spammer. and my find all opponents box was unchecked was not only annoying but only proves the poor quality and maintenance k i has around pvp.
My name isn't Jacky boy, and I'm not a boy. But go ahead and roll with what you 'think' you know.

Explorer
May 20, 2012
patrickvstar123 on Sep 7, 2017 wrote:
there should be no reason why i am a lvl 22 fire going against a grandmaster life who knows how to pvp no reason at all, i shouldnt be going against nobody lvl 30 plus and no the lvl 30 can have magus gear fix this
Ridiculous.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
jakehjk3 on Nov 24, 2017 wrote:
My name isn't Jacky boy, and I'm not a boy. But go ahead and roll with what you 'think' you know.
Don't blame him for making an assumption, "Jake". He was agreeing with your statement and showing support, hardly the reason to be snarky.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
As you may have already noticed, there aren't too many players doing PvP these days, which could be the reason why you went up against someone who happens to be a higher level than you.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
Wizard101 really needs to fix the way it matches you up for ranked pvp matches. I am a private and I am going against warlords and I lose every single time. It's not fair whatsoever because no way in any world would we have the uniform that they have for pvp. You guys need to do matches with private vs private and so on forth, not private vs warlord.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I agree with Patrick. Once I got a look at some of the gear I could win I decided to give it a try. Lowly ol' me, lvl 27 with 1550 life got paired up with some guy with well over 4000 life. If the point is to help young wizards learn how to fight then a match where there's no possible chance to win isn't fair. I heard somewhere, maybe the professor, that the goal is to grow and get better. Don't squash us when we show up for help.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
I understand your trouble being that I tend to get paired with warlords when my pvp rank is basically in the negative numbers. Practice makes perfect though, in my time of trying to pvp I'm finally starting to learn how to use spells efficiently and smartly. Although I still lose most of the time I am getting better, try watching your opponents pips and maybe dispelling them or weaknessing them right before they hit. Always pack in shields as well you also dont need a bunch of blades to hit like in questing battles. A couple of enchanted spells should do the trick if used correctly. Observe others. Try to get a nice pet, for a fire starting with a new pet I recomend trying to get the pet leopard and training it. I have it for my fire and it is very nice and helpful if you dont do pets. Some people have said that doing tournaments first to gain tickets and the ability to buy pvp gear from the venders outside the arena. Good luck in future battles!

~Natalie lvl 125
~Natalie lvl 41
~Natalie lvl 23
~Natalie lvl 8

Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
I'm max level balance, and i am constantly matched with warlords since i was private. checked box or no checked box.

I really think it's just random who you fight because of the sheer frequency of how many times i am matched with super high ranks.

But i just keep fighting them anyway because it only helps you get better and learn to do better in pvp. so while it is definitely annoying, it is a sweet/sour deal.