Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Ward pets

1
AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2017
141
Please nerf wards pets they are really annoying and barely anyone can win matches against them.

Please Kingsisle listen.

Samantha Max be Family friendly

Defender
May 11, 2013
156
Barbie934m on Aug 4, 2020 wrote:
Please nerf wards pets they are really annoying and barely anyone can win matches against them.

Please Kingsisle listen.

Samantha Max be Family friendly
No, learn to PvP and you won't have such issues.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
2210
How do you propose a nerf of ward pets would go?

And remember, people have worked incredibly hard creating these pets.

A huge "nerf" to these pets would be a slap in the face to players who went through the expensive and tiresome pet hatching system creating these pets.


Champion
Sep 01, 2009
476
Star Edward on Aug 4, 2020 wrote:
How do you propose a nerf of ward pets would go?

And remember, people have worked incredibly hard creating these pets.

A huge "nerf" to these pets would be a slap in the face to players who went through the expensive and tiresome pet hatching system creating these pets.

Agree! One of the best things about W101 for me is the ability to create the perfect pet. I have invested so much time and gold into making ward and damage pets, and if they were suddenly "nerfed," it would be truly upsetting.

There are many PvP strategies for dealing with an opponent's ward pet. "Nerfing" (whatever that would be) is truly unnecessary.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
141
Star Edward on Aug 4, 2020 wrote:
How do you propose a nerf of ward pets would go?

And remember, people have worked incredibly hard creating these pets.

A huge "nerf" to these pets would be a slap in the face to players who went through the expensive and tiresome pet hatching system creating these pets.

I just want the wards 15-3=12 or 15-4=11 on pets wards it not a big nerf but it will make jade not be immune to ice wizard.

I think Wards pets ruin rank pvp and a -15 ward is way to much on a life jadge wizard. less ice can get immune to every school without giving up there's damage.

Samantha Max need commander robe to say gg in rank pvp by default.

Defender
May 11, 2013
156
Barbie934m on Aug 5, 2020 wrote:
I just want the wards 15-3=12 or 15-4=11 on pets wards it not a big nerf but it will make jade not be immune to ice wizard.

I think Wards pets ruin rank pvp and a -15 ward is way to much on a life jadge wizard. less ice can get immune to every school without giving up there's damage.

Samantha Max need commander robe to say gg in rank pvp by default.
Learn to make use of "ARMOR PIERCING" 50% Shriek 20% Global 6% Blade, Where is their resist after that? Oh a shield you say? Well Shatter solves that issue. There are plenty of ways to get your pierce very high with ease, use them learn to pvp before calling for nerfs, people like you ruin games.

Squire
May 10, 2013
524
RedDragon877 on Aug 4, 2020 wrote:
No, learn to PvP and you won't have such issues.
Yea, say that when you play someone with 130 resist to your school.

Squire
May 10, 2013
524
I think a resist cap is needed for PvP.

It will prevent Jades from using a strategy that involves players killing themselves while in Shrike, and it will finally prevent players who choose to have over 100 resist to certain schools.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2015
6
Star Edward on Aug 4, 2020 wrote:
How do you propose a nerf of ward pets would go?

And remember, people have worked incredibly hard creating these pets.

A huge "nerf" to these pets would be a slap in the face to players who went through the expensive and tiresome pet hatching system creating these pets.

Just because they work hard doesnt mean anything. It's unfair for players to have 80 resist at low levels such as 20 and not have any counters like they do in max pvp being shrike.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
310
Barbie934m on Aug 4, 2020 wrote:
Please nerf wards pets they are really annoying and barely anyone can win matches against them.

Please Kingsisle listen.

Samantha Max be Family friendly
A wizard can design a pet to give them high resist against various schools. I have a pet with Ice, Fire and Balance wards and a Storm Proof Jewel.

That pet is not helpful when I face wizards from the Life, Death or Myth schools. When using that pet, I packed extra set shields against Spirit schools.

There is such a thing as "setting" for a particular school--I see it mostly in PvP stream sniping. It is a stunt, a gag, a one-trick-pony thing.

I could make a pet with Death Ward, Death Proof and Death-Away and I might actually do that for certain dungeons, but I would never take such a pet into the arena.

In PvP, you have to have a "strategy," and every strategy has strengths and weaknesses.

There is more to PvP than just my "set." My PvP strategy has to take into account which schools I think I will be facing, what "sets" I think they will have, what strategies I expect them to employ and my deck has to be flexible enough to deal with the inevitable likelihood that I will face "the wrong" school. I have to choose between damage, critical, resist, pierce and...not block so much anymore, but hopefully you take my point.

I am a Balance main, and have never felt the need to nerf anything about any other school.

Squire
May 10, 2013
524
Liam Swiftwalker on Aug 7, 2020 wrote:
A wizard can design a pet to give them high resist against various schools. I have a pet with Ice, Fire and Balance wards and a Storm Proof Jewel.

That pet is not helpful when I face wizards from the Life, Death or Myth schools. When using that pet, I packed extra set shields against Spirit schools.

There is such a thing as "setting" for a particular school--I see it mostly in PvP stream sniping. It is a stunt, a gag, a one-trick-pony thing.

I could make a pet with Death Ward, Death Proof and Death-Away and I might actually do that for certain dungeons, but I would never take such a pet into the arena.

In PvP, you have to have a "strategy," and every strategy has strengths and weaknesses.

There is more to PvP than just my "set." My PvP strategy has to take into account which schools I think I will be facing, what "sets" I think they will have, what strategies I expect them to employ and my deck has to be flexible enough to deal with the inevitable likelihood that I will face "the wrong" school. I have to choose between damage, critical, resist, pierce and...not block so much anymore, but hopefully you take my point.

I am a Balance main, and have never felt the need to nerf anything about any other school.
Setting mainly happens in Tournaments because in 1v1s you can see who you are playing beforehand.

I even see it at Magus tournies, that if you know you are playing a death, you can rock 85 death resist and -80 death set shields.

I think rocking a 25 resist to 1 school plus proof and defy can result in nearly 85-110 resist to any school which I think is completely unfathomable.

Also, what happens a lot in PvP is that the queue gets dry and sometimes you can get an idea of who you are playing. On my 40 ice, at 3am EST, a Grand Life wiz knew that he was going to get me as he knew I was the only one in his "skill range" at the time, so he packed ice dispels and a pet that could completely stop my strat (enfeeble, shatter, proof, ice ward, ice proof, brace defy).

Obviously, PvP is more than just setting and strategy is important, it's just that setting has been a huge issue since PvP has been a thing and I think everyone would appreciate it if there could be a proper solution done to prevent Immune Setting.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
141
RedDragon877 on Aug 6, 2020 wrote:
Learn to make use of "ARMOR PIERCING" 50% Shriek 20% Global 6% Blade, Where is their resist after that? Oh a shield you say? Well Shatter solves that issue. There are plenty of ways to get your pierce very high with ease, use them learn to pvp before calling for nerfs, people like you ruin games.
Or nerf the jade resist 15% so they won't have more resist then ice.

Ice should have more resist then jades should to me because they are the tanks school life is the healing school.

So ice should be better with resist then jade schools should be 100% better.

Till Kingsisle fix ice better resist then jade then a lvl 80 jade wouldn't win because i have to discard all my spells because he was a bully nerd warlord that should lose 5,000 ranks for making me lose when i should have win.

If a lvl 80 life jade is a trash warlord he should delete his wizard because he not playing the right way he a hacker.

I rather face a hitting life wizard instead a bully noob trash warlord that has no strat at all.

remove his or resist or give me immune to shrike damage that way it will be a fair match.

Samatha Max I'm family friendly less the game is a trash ward pet then it not really a fair match and by default i can't say gg.

P:S:
If your a jade and you already have more resist then me at lvl 80 on jade robe why do you need a fire ward pet?

Because I don't see the need of a ward pet if your a jade less the ice shrikes which i don't usually

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
141
I did report the life wizard because he waste my time if i fled he would gotten way and I would got trash from the match.

I hope he gets a wizard his pet doesn't have a ward 500 times like Myth and a Death and also another life wizard.

He deserve some Karma for wasting my time.

Samantha Max Family friendly to most fair wizard that doesn't have wards like triple damage pets or triple critical pets are the matches I enjoy.

P:S:
I don't like how the battle order doesn't show what school they are and I can't tell from pets I have to wait till they blade to find out what school they are mostly now.

Defender
May 11, 2013
156
PlayHard101 on Aug 7, 2020 wrote:
Yea, say that when you play someone with 130 resist to your school.
Convert >.> Next comment? no one has over 130 to your school and the converted school. So again try to learn how basic mechanics of the game works. There is a mirage boss with 200% Universal resist :O guess what I still killed it through it's resist just to see if it can be done and it can. True Pve and PvP are a little different but the fact is, You Can Pierce, better yet in PVP No one has 200% universal resist and No one is immune to getting their resist pierced.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
310
PlayHard101 on Aug 8, 2020 wrote:
Setting mainly happens in Tournaments because in 1v1s you can see who you are playing beforehand.

I even see it at Magus tournies, that if you know you are playing a death, you can rock 85 death resist and -80 death set shields.

I think rocking a 25 resist to 1 school plus proof and defy can result in nearly 85-110 resist to any school which I think is completely unfathomable.

Also, what happens a lot in PvP is that the queue gets dry and sometimes you can get an idea of who you are playing. On my 40 ice, at 3am EST, a Grand Life wiz knew that he was going to get me as he knew I was the only one in his "skill range" at the time, so he packed ice dispels and a pet that could completely stop my strat (enfeeble, shatter, proof, ice ward, ice proof, brace defy).

Obviously, PvP is more than just setting and strategy is important, it's just that setting has been a huge issue since PvP has been a thing and I think everyone would appreciate it if there could be a proper solution done to prevent Immune Setting.
I only play at max level, so maybe it's a lower level thing?

I record the details of each and every 1v1 PvP match I am in on a spreadsheet. In the last 105 matches I have not gotten one Balance immune opponent.

Survivor
May 18, 2015
1
Actually I don't agree with nerfing Ward pets however I do believe that pets with may cast, end up casting far too often. There does need to be a system with this because I see so many low levels struggling to even go against people with pets like those.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
255
Seems as though you're still here

Everyone and their dog at my rank has ice ward, yet I am still able to counter it by playing around it and using things like Shrike, Infal on my pet, and 30+ pierce.

Hero
Sep 30, 2018
790
Barbie934m on Aug 8, 2020 wrote:
Or nerf the jade resist 15% so they won't have more resist then ice.

Ice should have more resist then jades should to me because they are the tanks school life is the healing school.

So ice should be better with resist then jade schools should be 100% better.

Till Kingsisle fix ice better resist then jade then a lvl 80 jade wouldn't win because i have to discard all my spells because he was a bully nerd warlord that should lose 5,000 ranks for making me lose when i should have win.

If a lvl 80 life jade is a trash warlord he should delete his wizard because he not playing the right way he a hacker.

I rather face a hitting life wizard instead a bully noob trash warlord that has no strat at all.

remove his or resist or give me immune to shrike damage that way it will be a fair match.

Samatha Max I'm family friendly less the game is a trash ward pet then it not really a fair match and by default i can't say gg.

P:S:
If your a jade and you already have more resist then me at lvl 80 on jade robe why do you need a fire ward pet?

Because I don't see the need of a ward pet if your a jade less the ice shrikes which i don't usually
Base wise yes but claiming ice should be the only tanks creates a flaw in your statement. Since any school can achieve and should be able to having to sacrifice damage in exchange.

IF ice wants damage it has to lose some resist in the process. I can see your having difficulties playing ice into ward users. I do hope you realize why its necessary. I am also glad to see ice not as dominant as they use to be so more power to the players.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
310
JewelKI on Aug 13, 2020 wrote:
Seems as though you're still here

Everyone and their dog at my rank has ice ward, yet I am still able to counter it by playing around it and using things like Shrike, Infal on my pet, and 30+ pierce.
A pet with Ice ward never stopped Ice wizards from defeating me in the arena.

I know how to make a pet with any combination of talents I want, so I suppose I could make a pet with Ice Ward, Ice Proof and Ice Away talents.

But then I would be in trouble if I faced any other school than Ice.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
141
RedDragon877 on Aug 6, 2020 wrote:
Learn to make use of "ARMOR PIERCING" 50% Shriek 20% Global 6% Blade, Where is their resist after that? Oh a shield you say? Well Shatter solves that issue. There are plenty of ways to get your pierce very high with ease, use them learn to pvp before calling for nerfs, people like you ruin games.
I can't use shrike because the blacklash is way to much to use if it only didn't 200 damage after shrike i will use it.

Right now i can't use black lash at all.

Samantha Max want a fair rank pvp match so i can do strat and not do abom all the time.

Winning with a stupid spell with abom is not a strat at all it rng based

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
141
Liam Swiftwalker on Aug 7, 2020 wrote:
A wizard can design a pet to give them high resist against various schools. I have a pet with Ice, Fire and Balance wards and a Storm Proof Jewel.

That pet is not helpful when I face wizards from the Life, Death or Myth schools. When using that pet, I packed extra set shields against Spirit schools.

There is such a thing as "setting" for a particular school--I see it mostly in PvP stream sniping. It is a stunt, a gag, a one-trick-pony thing.

I could make a pet with Death Ward, Death Proof and Death-Away and I might actually do that for certain dungeons, but I would never take such a pet into the arena.

In PvP, you have to have a "strategy," and every strategy has strengths and weaknesses.

There is more to PvP than just my "set." My PvP strategy has to take into account which schools I think I will be facing, what "sets" I think they will have, what strategies I expect them to employ and my deck has to be flexible enough to deal with the inevitable likelihood that I will face "the wrong" school. I have to choose between damage, critical, resist, pierce and...not block so much anymore, but hopefully you take my point.

I am a Balance main, and have never felt the need to nerf anything about any other school.
Hi Samanth Max

I just want to do a strat against another all damage pet against my all damage pet and I promise I won't use Amob spell against you or anyone else that doesn't have wards pets.

I will only use Angel spell the ice deer knight spell and also frostbite.

If the person on the other team doesn't have a ice ward pet against me.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
141
angellifeheart on Aug 16, 2020 wrote:
Base wise yes but claiming ice should be the only tanks creates a flaw in your statement. Since any school can achieve and should be able to having to sacrifice damage in exchange.

IF ice wants damage it has to lose some resist in the process. I can see your having difficulties playing ice into ward users. I do hope you realize why its necessary. I am also glad to see ice not as dominant as they use to be so more power to the players.
I rather loser damage on weaver and had a -60 shield instead of a trash tower shield on a weaver spell.

Weaver isn't usefull anymore.

And that post was before the update.

Samantha Max Family friendly to the fair rank pvp players to wards pet user it just RNG base is how they win only.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
8
Ifeel that ward pets should be eliminated from Pvp and only allowed in PVE If wiz stopped the use of ward and set pets in pvp then each player would be on equal basis The pets could have proof and defy and the character would have the stats from their pvp gear as well warded pets bring the resistance from 50-55% to 70+. In tournaments and timed matches especially it is impossible to overcome this resistance and especially when teamed with shield spells and the -45 weaknesses people spam. I know people have worked hard to make these pets but it is really a big problem in pvp Wiz thinks that making it so you can’t change pets during a tournament will solve this problem. It will help but it won’t cure the problem as a pet can still have proof defy and a ward to 4 out of 7 schools.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
29
Wards are fine as annoying as they are but a resist cap is needed imo, especially before level 100. Barely able to go a full tourney without getting set for with almost immunity by the 3rd or 4th match. Also weaver isnt bad lmao, ice just has no utility otherwise.

Squire
May 10, 2013
524
RedDragon877 on Aug 8, 2020 wrote:
Convert >.> Next comment? no one has over 130 to your school and the converted school. So again try to learn how basic mechanics of the game works. There is a mirage boss with 200% Universal resist :O guess what I still killed it through it's resist just to see if it can be done and it can. True Pve and PvP are a little different but the fact is, You Can Pierce, better yet in PVP No one has 200% universal resist and No one is immune to getting their resist pierced.
"Learn how basic mechanics of the game works"

If someone has 100 universal resist, spams brace, uses -80 set shields, then pierce will not do anything.

And no one uses converts in PvP.

And at lower levels, no one has more than 20 pierce.
The reason why a lot of the people on the tournament leaderboards are so high is because of people setting.

Maybe not to the point of immune setting, but you get the point.

Don't use PvE logic in comparison to how PvP works. The playstyles that you use in PvE are completely different in PvP.

1