Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Shadow Enhanced Spells

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
274
PvP King on Jan 31, 2015 wrote:
I enjoy that idea, actually.
Yeah, this is probably the best strategy IMO. PVE isn't more difficult, PVP returns to being strategic. And the awesome spells get hold on to their awesomeness.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
2
Shadow enhanced spells are wayyyyy to op for pvp, and if you disagree, you obviously don't pvp. I think for pve the spells are fantastic, but I think the "nerf" that Kingsisle should do is make them no pvp like the lol 78 minions. This would bring skill back to pvp. Not just who gets a shadow pip first because that is all luck and it's unfair. Having pvp with no shadow enhanced spells (at least the lvl 100 ones) would make me want to aim for warlord again on my Promethean death.

Ps
Idk if this is true or not, but if you critical through a shadow enchanted spell on some one does that make them lose all their pips?

Alex Ward, & 3rd age commander

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
62
JustinFrostHunter on Mar 14, 2015 wrote:
i agree (they should nerf shadow enhanced spell) to overpower ( mostly annoying school) mostly everything (to much stuff & to much love & to much talent) just hoping make defense shadow shrike (I maker of wizard101 (make new immunity gear) give use enough tools to fight and immune armor pierce ("would add") name it either: armor resist/pierce resist!

way to overpower (way way) let someone else have chance to win sometime!

keep being to strong! I would quit wizard101 & pirate101 leave and go on to crowfall (because it better seem be better! as more class then wizard101 & pirate101

but make new school (wish for shadow magic as real school (all the op)
all gear like:

1. most damage for shadow magic,
2. most resist for shadow magic
3. most accuracy for shadow magic
4. most critical for shadow magic
5. most critical block for shadow magic
6. most armor pierce for shadow magic
---------------------
just add new limit to pvp! or add school to the practice when others people create a match in the practice match

I was ice and storm overpower for me and ice want test out is offense gear "create 1v1" match "add school" able put

"no allow" message would make it to say for example: Storm NOT QUALIFY FOR THIS MATCH!
I am sorry, but I have no idea where you are coming from. Storm is solidly in the lowest tier of PvP. It is the second worst school in the current Meta. They have barely 4k health, and are not overpowered in any sense.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
PvP King on Jan 27, 2015 wrote:
In my opinion, PvP has completely lost its point. I thought PvP was where you "match your skills against other player's" as said in the PvP section of the website. However, that's not what PvP is like anymore. Ever since Wizard101 introduced the Shadow Enhanced Spells, the victor of a duel has often been the first one to execute their Shadow Enhanced Spell with Shadow Shrike. Yes, you could argue that I could use Shrike and my own Shadow Enhanced Spell myself, but that is aside from the point I am trying to make. I'm not saying that I don't want to use my tools correctly, I am saying that the tools we're given are too overpowered.

For example, a Fire wizard used Shrike and then Fire Elf to get rid of my shields. I did use a Tower Shield in fear of Fire From Above, and she knew I could Mana Burn the next turn. Instead of her waiting on casting Fire From Above, she used it anyway, and I thought I was somewhat safe. I was wrong. The attack did exactly 4642 damage (with a critical unblocked). That, from second, is virtually unstoppable. Imagine if I didn't have a Tower Shield on me. That attack would do double the damage. I also have 49% resistance, so you cannot argue that my resist is too low if that's what you're thinking. I find that the Shadow Enhanced Spells do far too much damage even with our health jump, and their aftereffects can also be very game changing.

Another example I want to point out is outside of 1v1. In many team PvP matches, I have seen a combination of Earthquake + Call of Khrulhu spamming. What this did was fully regenerate a Death wizard's health (415 heal x 4 in 4v4 is a 1660 health regeneration base). I have also seen more than enough team matches where a Death wizard changed the tide of an entire match by simply getting an unblocked stream of Call of Khrulhu's.

In conclusion, many of these spells are extremely overpowered for what we're given. I personally believe that these spells should be nerfed to do lower damage. PvE players and people who are currently farming Darkmoor can't complain about that, because if your own Shadow Enhanced Spell is nerfed, a boss's Shadow Enhanced Spell will be nerfed too. If we weren't giving such dramatic amounts of armor pierce or critical from the Darkmoor gear, then the Shadow Enhanced Spells would be fine, but now I also believe that the Darkmoor robe should give 45 block rating (7%) and that the Wizard101 should stop "babying" our athame's block rating (they still only give 1%, which is completely useless) and finally give us maybe 3-4% from it. If our block rating from the robe and athame were increased, people with Mastery Amulets can still compete with people who use stats giving amulets (which is currently not the case). And if the spells are to not be nerfed, then at least decrease the tremendous amounts of armor pierce we receive from Darkmoor gear, as the average now is about 25%.
fine say it is (not shadow magic fault) complain of immunity fault (people complain immunity) wouldn't have shadow magic!

block then use immunity (ignore armor pierce) people use terror hoard pack ward more then malistaire ward (better critical/block/good damage wand)

10 pips shift as op as shadow enhanced spell (nobody won't care) everybody use universe resist? you can resist others school even do not have existing school resist!

have a as real class in ravenwood (they would have convert to ) if new world fill more rank boss or elite mod or etc (make them ) get new boost on mods clued wizard have convert to to (for wizard get a boost (need school that is COLOR "WHITE & DARKNESS") be: school of ghost or school of boo

Squire
May 10, 2013
505
PvP King on Jan 27, 2015 wrote:
In my opinion, PvP has completely lost its point. I thought PvP was where you "match your skills against other player's" as said in the PvP section of the website. However, that's not what PvP is like anymore. Ever since Wizard101 introduced the Shadow Enhanced Spells, the victor of a duel has often been the first one to execute their Shadow Enhanced Spell with Shadow Shrike. Yes, you could argue that I could use Shrike and my own Shadow Enhanced Spell myself, but that is aside from the point I am trying to make. I'm not saying that I don't want to use my tools correctly, I am saying that the tools we're given are too overpowered.

For example, a Fire wizard used Shrike and then Fire Elf to get rid of my shields. I did use a Tower Shield in fear of Fire From Above, and she knew I could Mana Burn the next turn. Instead of her waiting on casting Fire From Above, she used it anyway, and I thought I was somewhat safe. I was wrong. The attack did exactly 4642 damage (with a critical unblocked). That, from second, is virtually unstoppable. Imagine if I didn't have a Tower Shield on me. That attack would do double the damage. I also have 49% resistance, so you cannot argue that my resist is too low if that's what you're thinking. I find that the Shadow Enhanced Spells do far too much damage even with our health jump, and their aftereffects can also be very game changing.

Another example I want to point out is outside of 1v1. In many team PvP matches, I have seen a combination of Earthquake + Call of Khrulhu spamming. What this did was fully regenerate a Death wizard's health (415 heal x 4 in 4v4 is a 1660 health regeneration base). I have also seen more than enough team matches where a Death wizard changed the tide of an entire match by simply getting an unblocked stream of Call of Khrulhu's.

In conclusion, many of these spells are extremely overpowered for what we're given. I personally believe that these spells should be nerfed to do lower damage. PvE players and people who are currently farming Darkmoor can't complain about that, because if your own Shadow Enhanced Spell is nerfed, a boss's Shadow Enhanced Spell will be nerfed too. If we weren't giving such dramatic amounts of armor pierce or critical from the Darkmoor gear, then the Shadow Enhanced Spells would be fine, but now I also believe that the Darkmoor robe should give 45 block rating (7%) and that the Wizard101 should stop "babying" our athame's block rating (they still only give 1%, which is completely useless) and finally give us maybe 3-4% from it. If our block rating from the robe and athame were increased, people with Mastery Amulets can still compete with people who use stats giving amulets (which is currently not the case). And if the spells are to not be nerfed, then at least decrease the tremendous amounts of armor pierce we receive from Darkmoor gear, as the average now is about 25%.
PVP King, not everything is being nerfed.
This is your third topic about "nerfing."

"Nerf Healing Current"
"Fire Beetle - Nerf It"
"Nerf Shadow Enhanced Spells"
For your next nerfing topic, lets do Nerf Spritely. Anyways:
First of all its not even possible to "nerf" or "spam" one of these spells because you need a shadow pip, and at this moment it is not possible to get 100% shadow pip chance.
Your athame argument is right, and most of the time I don't use athame with crit block because of its low percantage.
Your 2v2 thing about Khrulu and Earthquake being "spammed" is probably used on the same turn, but not at all in unison.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
PlayHard101 on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
PVP King, not everything is being nerfed.
This is your third topic about "nerfing."

"Nerf Healing Current"
"Fire Beetle - Nerf It"
"Nerf Shadow Enhanced Spells"
For your next nerfing topic, lets do Nerf Spritely. Anyways:
First of all its not even possible to "nerf" or "spam" one of these spells because you need a shadow pip, and at this moment it is not possible to get 100% shadow pip chance.
Your athame argument is right, and most of the time I don't use athame with crit block because of its low percantage.
Your 2v2 thing about Khrulu and Earthquake being "spammed" is probably used on the same turn, but not at all in unison.
Yes, I ask for a nerf based off of statistical facts, hence the reason why everybody agrees with me in almost every single post I make on the message board.

It is possible to nerf these spells because KingsIsle can look back at a spell and edit it (as seen in Wild Bolt, Fire Elf, Link, Power Link, etc). These spells can also be spammed because receiving a Shadow pip is extremely common and many players use Empower treasure cards to get the exact pips to use these spells.

Either way, I have changed my demand of nerfing Shadow Enhanced Spells to just simply banning them from PvP to keep simplicity in PvE. Many people are already asking for it even outside this thread.

Squire
May 10, 2013
505
PvP King on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
Yes, I ask for a nerf based off of statistical facts, hence the reason why everybody agrees with me in almost every single post I make on the message board.

It is possible to nerf these spells because KingsIsle can look back at a spell and edit it (as seen in Wild Bolt, Fire Elf, Link, Power Link, etc). These spells can also be spammed because receiving a Shadow pip is extremely common and many players use Empower treasure cards to get the exact pips to use these spells.

Either way, I have changed my demand of nerfing Shadow Enhanced Spells to just simply banning them from PvP to keep simplicity in PvE. Many people are already asking for it even outside this thread.
Agreeing with you? First of all, Fire Beetle Nerf doesn't make sense. I mean, nerfing it for a fire causes the fire to lose the match. And to be honest, no one really "agreed" with you in the Healing Current Argument. Anyways:

For the millionth time, in the real world, we call it "strategy." Of course Weaver is overpowered. Of course Caterpillar is overpowered.
No real spell that isn't a treasure card isn't banned from PvP besides some minions.
So why should Shadow Enhanced Spells be banned?
In a Quick Match 4v4, an Ice bladed a storm, the fire and myth stunned us every round, and the storm would Glowbug the turn he got a shadow pip. Sure, it was annoying. But that doesn't mean you can't do it.
Medusa stuns are super annoying, which is why now the meta changed to either always carry Conviction/Stun Block.
Since Darkmoor came out, the Meta changed. Now most people from Storm do Lord/Glowbugs, Balance does Loremaster Spam, Life does, uh... Life Scarab spam...
These things will never change because it is strategy. Take Fire for example. Games that I've watched they conviction, blade, and spam tower, then spam power link till they get a power pip, then Fire from Above.
Okay, now against that Shadow Pips are very common.
I played a practice PvP match against a Jade Ice wizard so we can test how many times we get a shadow pip. Once we do, we Shrike.
This "test" lasted exactly 224 rounds, and only 2 of the rounds I got a shadow pip.
Remember when you were level 10? Was getting a power pip "extremely" common? Nope. 10% base.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
PlayHard101 on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
Agreeing with you? First of all, Fire Beetle Nerf doesn't make sense. I mean, nerfing it for a fire causes the fire to lose the match. And to be honest, no one really "agreed" with you in the Healing Current Argument. Anyways:

For the millionth time, in the real world, we call it "strategy." Of course Weaver is overpowered. Of course Caterpillar is overpowered.
No real spell that isn't a treasure card isn't banned from PvP besides some minions.
So why should Shadow Enhanced Spells be banned?
In a Quick Match 4v4, an Ice bladed a storm, the fire and myth stunned us every round, and the storm would Glowbug the turn he got a shadow pip. Sure, it was annoying. But that doesn't mean you can't do it.
Medusa stuns are super annoying, which is why now the meta changed to either always carry Conviction/Stun Block.
Since Darkmoor came out, the Meta changed. Now most people from Storm do Lord/Glowbugs, Balance does Loremaster Spam, Life does, uh... Life Scarab spam...
These things will never change because it is strategy. Take Fire for example. Games that I've watched they conviction, blade, and spam tower, then spam power link till they get a power pip, then Fire from Above.
Okay, now against that Shadow Pips are very common.
I played a practice PvP match against a Jade Ice wizard so we can test how many times we get a shadow pip. Once we do, we Shrike.
This "test" lasted exactly 224 rounds, and only 2 of the rounds I got a shadow pip.
Remember when you were level 10? Was getting a power pip "extremely" common? Nope. 10% base.
The Fire Beetle nerf makes sense, as many people agreed. And no, Fire is considered the sole best school in the game all because of Fire Beetle and Fire From Above; two cards. Many also agreed with the fact that Energizing Battery is overpowered for low level PvP, and guess what happened? KI decreased the cast rate because they saw it was overpowered too. Want to know what else also happened? Due to a thread Eric StormBringer, Veracity8, and I were in, KI didn't nerf Loremaster but instead put all the other Loremaster dropped spells on par with the Loremaster spell, in a thread with over 200 posts. Many people agree with me. Why? Because I only come up with my arguments from straight facts.

"For the millionth time, in the real world, we call it strategy." "
Is this a joke? Who on earth thinks Exalted PvP is even about strategy or skill? I can link you to several posts complaining that Exalted PvP is 100% luck because of Shadow spells. Here are a few complaints of Exalted PvP being completely crushed, with very many people agreeing:
"These things will never change because it is strategy."
You're the only person on the message boards that I've ever known who's ever thought that this is strategy. Spamming a spell, is constantly clicking the same spell over and over. Some schools like Myth and Death can't do that because they have no spells to spam. Exalted PvP is just a race to see who can kill faster, there is no strategy or skill involved, hence the reason why no Exalted wizard has a perfect PvP record outside of the use of constant Elucidates.
Yes, there are many things in Exalted PvP. Do we get counters for them? No.
"...spam tower, then spam power link till they get a power pip, then Fire from Above."
This here is showing your lack of PvP experience. Fires don't use Power Link. They will Fire Beetle until they get 4 pips, stun/Shrike then Fire From Above.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
PlayHard101 on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
Agreeing with you? First of all, Fire Beetle Nerf doesn't make sense. I mean, nerfing it for a fire causes the fire to lose the match. And to be honest, no one really "agreed" with you in the Healing Current Argument. Anyways:

For the millionth time, in the real world, we call it "strategy." Of course Weaver is overpowered. Of course Caterpillar is overpowered.
No real spell that isn't a treasure card isn't banned from PvP besides some minions.
So why should Shadow Enhanced Spells be banned?
In a Quick Match 4v4, an Ice bladed a storm, the fire and myth stunned us every round, and the storm would Glowbug the turn he got a shadow pip. Sure, it was annoying. But that doesn't mean you can't do it.
Medusa stuns are super annoying, which is why now the meta changed to either always carry Conviction/Stun Block.
Since Darkmoor came out, the Meta changed. Now most people from Storm do Lord/Glowbugs, Balance does Loremaster Spam, Life does, uh... Life Scarab spam...
These things will never change because it is strategy. Take Fire for example. Games that I've watched they conviction, blade, and spam tower, then spam power link till they get a power pip, then Fire from Above.
Okay, now against that Shadow Pips are very common.
I played a practice PvP match against a Jade Ice wizard so we can test how many times we get a shadow pip. Once we do, we Shrike.
This "test" lasted exactly 224 rounds, and only 2 of the rounds I got a shadow pip.
Remember when you were level 10? Was getting a power pip "extremely" common? Nope. 10% base.
"This "test" lasted exactly 224 rounds, and only 2 of the rounds I got a shadow pip."
Lol, you didn't forget to actually use those Shadow pips to gain more, did you? I could say the same thing about power pips but it doesn't change the fact that Shadow pip percentages are around 30% unboosted.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
12
PvP King on Jan 27, 2015 wrote:
In my opinion, PvP has completely lost its point. I thought PvP was where you "match your skills against other player's" as said in the PvP section of the website. However, that's not what PvP is like anymore. Ever since Wizard101 introduced the Shadow Enhanced Spells, the victor of a duel has often been the first one to execute their Shadow Enhanced Spell with Shadow Shrike. Yes, you could argue that I could use Shrike and my own Shadow Enhanced Spell myself, but that is aside from the point I am trying to make. I'm not saying that I don't want to use my tools correctly, I am saying that the tools we're given are too overpowered.

For example, a Fire wizard used Shrike and then Fire Elf to get rid of my shields. I did use a Tower Shield in fear of Fire From Above, and she knew I could Mana Burn the next turn. Instead of her waiting on casting Fire From Above, she used it anyway, and I thought I was somewhat safe. I was wrong. The attack did exactly 4642 damage (with a critical unblocked). That, from second, is virtually unstoppable. Imagine if I didn't have a Tower Shield on me. That attack would do double the damage. I also have 49% resistance, so you cannot argue that my resist is too low if that's what you're thinking. I find that the Shadow Enhanced Spells do far too much damage even with our health jump, and their aftereffects can also be very game changing.

Another example I want to point out is outside of 1v1. In many team PvP matches, I have seen a combination of Earthquake + Call of Khrulhu spamming. What this did was fully regenerate a Death wizard's health (415 heal x 4 in 4v4 is a 1660 health regeneration base). I have also seen more than enough team matches where a Death wizard changed the tide of an entire match by simply getting an unblocked stream of Call of Khrulhu's.

In conclusion, many of these spells are extremely overpowered for what we're given. I personally believe that these spells should be nerfed to do lower damage. PvE players and people who are currently farming Darkmoor can't complain about that, because if your own Shadow Enhanced Spell is nerfed, a boss's Shadow Enhanced Spell will be nerfed too. If we weren't giving such dramatic amounts of armor pierce or critical from the Darkmoor gear, then the Shadow Enhanced Spells would be fine, but now I also believe that the Darkmoor robe should give 45 block rating (7%) and that the Wizard101 should stop "babying" our athame's block rating (they still only give 1%, which is completely useless) and finally give us maybe 3-4% from it. If our block rating from the robe and athame were increased, people with Mastery Amulets can still compete with people who use stats giving amulets (which is currently not the case). And if the spells are to not be nerfed, then at least decrease the tremendous amounts of armor pierce we receive from Darkmoor gear, as the average now is about 25%.
I completely agree with you. Lets be honest here, easy evidence no one does ranked 4v4 anymore is because the shadow spells have made a huge affect in team pvp. People don't want to risk losing their ranks anymore based on "luck factors." While I think spells like shrike should get nerfed to like 25% damage and 25% pierce instead. Spells from darkmoor should just be made no pvp. I know this doesn't have to do with the topic but I am also against the armor pierce jewel update, it pretty much wiped my fortify off and then about 15-25% of my actual resist.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
sliver moon wolf on Feb 3, 2015 wrote:
Truthfully with new shadow are really messing up pvp

first they came out with 3 shadow spells

the blocking one witch i will say is not that bad

the healing one witch i say is ok

but the shrike one that was something has to be done i mean it way to overpower i mean for a storm it a really good cheat the only class that stand a chance of blocking it without jade gear is ice because it has 50 tower and 70 storm with 30 tower

the shadow minion there perfect i mean there well balance and we at lest have resistance to them

the new shadow spell need something done i mean there power just over the top crazy

and hate to say this but anyone who is disagree is fooling them self because i open to new spell and stuff like that but kl is letting pvp fall apart and just letting the balance go poof
true (just win 2v2 pvp match) double ice both had immunity we went ham on shield/dispel/immunity (by confusing them) so, harder for them to attack & cast

how do I win pvp with immunity puppet with immunity for school vs too!

secret beating shadow enchanted spell (spam dispel) I like spam dispel because it will help make them to lose there shadow pips!

Squire
May 10, 2013
505
PvP King on Sep 1, 2015 wrote:
The Fire Beetle nerf makes sense, as many people agreed. And no, Fire is considered the sole best school in the game all because of Fire Beetle and Fire From Above; two cards. Many also agreed with the fact that Energizing Battery is overpowered for low level PvP, and guess what happened? KI decreased the cast rate because they saw it was overpowered too. Want to know what else also happened? Due to a thread Eric StormBringer, Veracity8, and I were in, KI didn't nerf Loremaster but instead put all the other Loremaster dropped spells on par with the Loremaster spell, in a thread with over 200 posts. Many people agree with me. Why? Because I only come up with my arguments from straight facts.

"For the millionth time, in the real world, we call it strategy." "
Is this a joke? Who on earth thinks Exalted PvP is even about strategy or skill? I can link you to several posts complaining that Exalted PvP is 100% luck because of Shadow spells. Here are a few complaints of Exalted PvP being completely crushed, with very many people agreeing:
"These things will never change because it is strategy."
You're the only person on the message boards that I've ever known who's ever thought that this is strategy. Spamming a spell, is constantly clicking the same spell over and over. Some schools like Myth and Death can't do that because they have no spells to spam. Exalted PvP is just a race to see who can kill faster, there is no strategy or skill involved, hence the reason why no Exalted wizard has a perfect PvP record outside of the use of constant Elucidates.
Yes, there are many things in Exalted PvP. Do we get counters for them? No.
"...spam tower, then spam power link till they get a power pip, then Fire from Above."
This here is showing your lack of PvP experience. Fires don't use Power Link. They will Fire Beetle until they get 4 pips, stun/Shrike then Fire From Above.
Okay, who said you knew everything about this game? No one.
Lets be honest here.
Strategy is more thing than what your gonna do in the match. It involves gear setup, deck setup, and more.
If you don't believe in strategy try doing a balance exalted PvP without any Darkmoor Gear. Without any gear period, and you will lose automatically cause you have no gear, which includes a deck. And not having a deck along with a wand, a pet, and an amulet that gives a spell, will make you lose.
"Fires don't use Power Link."
Who said they couldn't? No one said they couldn't. Btw, I meant to say "shadow pip" instead of "power pip."
"Some schools like Myth and Death have no spells to spam"
Well, for Myth that may be true, but for death that isn't. I am a death wizard. We have a bunch of spells to spam.
Jade/Juju doesn't work well anymore for death, but in the 2nd age before Darkmoor, people would spam Jade/Juju.
Poison/Wraith works for me in the 3rd age. I haven't gotten Lord of Night from Loremaster, and I have almost gathered all the materials to craft it.
Sometimes, I use Skeletal Pirate, because with colossal it does a base for 700 for 5 pips. (700-775)
"Is this a joke?"
Nope. And its not. Exalted PvP isn't crushed, its just people can't find a counter to what "should" be nerfed. If you can find a counter, congratulations, you found a counter.
Again with the Fire Beetle 4/pip stun shrike FFA.
What if they don't get a shadow pip? And the test. If you didn't read it, I said that I used "shrike" every time I got one shadow pip. Shrike as in Shadow Shrike. I still only got 2 of them, without Darkmoor Gear. The ice was just wearing Jade Gear.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
PlayHard101 on Sep 6, 2015 wrote:
Okay, who said you knew everything about this game? No one.
Lets be honest here.
Strategy is more thing than what your gonna do in the match. It involves gear setup, deck setup, and more.
If you don't believe in strategy try doing a balance exalted PvP without any Darkmoor Gear. Without any gear period, and you will lose automatically cause you have no gear, which includes a deck. And not having a deck along with a wand, a pet, and an amulet that gives a spell, will make you lose.
"Fires don't use Power Link."
Who said they couldn't? No one said they couldn't. Btw, I meant to say "shadow pip" instead of "power pip."
"Some schools like Myth and Death have no spells to spam"
Well, for Myth that may be true, but for death that isn't. I am a death wizard. We have a bunch of spells to spam.
Jade/Juju doesn't work well anymore for death, but in the 2nd age before Darkmoor, people would spam Jade/Juju.
Poison/Wraith works for me in the 3rd age. I haven't gotten Lord of Night from Loremaster, and I have almost gathered all the materials to craft it.
Sometimes, I use Skeletal Pirate, because with colossal it does a base for 700 for 5 pips. (700-775)
"Is this a joke?"
Nope. And its not. Exalted PvP isn't crushed, its just people can't find a counter to what "should" be nerfed. If you can find a counter, congratulations, you found a counter.
Again with the Fire Beetle 4/pip stun shrike FFA.
What if they don't get a shadow pip? And the test. If you didn't read it, I said that I used "shrike" every time I got one shadow pip. Shrike as in Shadow Shrike. I still only got 2 of them, without Darkmoor Gear. The ice was just wearing Jade Gear.
No, of course, I don't know everything about the game, but I definitely know more about the game than somebody who thought flat resist jewels could give immunity, would you like to refer?: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/player-vs-player/jewels-are-breaking-pvp-8ad6a4164ed8e570014f046dad243b9e?page=1

Gear is not strategy. Gear is what influences strategy. If I use Jade gear, my strategy will be to tank. With Darkmoor gear, I will try to stall opponent attacks and unleash my own combo to win, and so on.

Fires don't use Power Link because it's not meta relevant, period. In the higher ranks, Power Link is a waste of a turn.

Poison is spammable, yes, but it doesn't deal enough damage to actually be a consistently used attack, leaving Death with no viable 4 pip attack options. Hence the reason why it is a low tiered school.

Yes, Exalted PvP is broken. If you did PvP in the "Golden Age" or in the Celestian-Avalonian era, you would recognize how much worse PvP has gotten. There is no requirement to nullify heals, to set up long chains of combos, to make sure your opponent can't keep a minion up, to heal, or to multiply your cards and multiplying them correctly. Control has died and Exalted is a strict attack and shield for every school but Life and Balance, who actually can critical their heals.

If you only got 2 Shadow pips in your 224 turns, then your test is obviously a bluff. A 25% chance to get Shadow pips will never take you 224 turns, and many people get Shadow pips first and second turn consecutively. Again, because of Shadow Enhanced Spells, healing has become utterly useless since they do a lot more damage than heals. Many people used Life Mastery even during Hades era, why do you think outside school healing has become useless now?

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
JOPIX227 on Jan 27, 2015 wrote:
You can hardly "spam" call of khrulhu and earthquake in unison being that one cost 6 pips to cast and the other 5 with a shadow pip.

I agree with you however that the spells need to be changed. By that I mean the fire, ice, storm, balance, and life ones are grossly overpowered. They should all hit for the measly 830 damage call of khrulhu was reduced to, end of story. Squall should have been the first one to be nixed.

To your point about the pierce we get at that level, that shouldn't be up for debate. On one thread you're complaining about juju being a problem, and here you're saying cut the high pierce we receive that makes hitting through juju in some instances mostly effective. Surely the only benefit of reducing pierce would be that it would give certain schools like, I don't know.. say ice? even more of an advantage, especially with the new spell the way it is.
nothing worst with life wouldn't complain about fine with life beside only (1 AOE) don't use anymore (protect there spell) life can't jade anymore! all they do spam guardian spirit & spam empower try even kill life (would do that on mine ice mine ice more resist to others school then just storm/fire! which I DO :)

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
72
Eric Stormbringer on Feb 1, 2015 wrote:
Whoa, pause. Which fantasy world are you living in? Balance is bottom tier at max level- huh? 23/50 max lvl leaderboard wizards are balance. The next highest is life with 11/50 and the other schools are standing at 3-4/50 on the leaderboards. Balance is far and away the top tier school in this meta. Loremaster often does 1000+ damage with 2 utility effects, still the best crafted spell period. This meta is highly reliant on combos, which spell is the best combo disruptor in the game-mana burn. Gaze is far more than a shield breaker, it is the hardest shadow enhanced spell to shield from period and leaves an offensive bubble which adds an incredible amount of pressure. As for critical and block- if storm and fire lost block they would be even easier to kill due to their low health buffers. 10% pierce in an era when everyone is carrying 50% resist? No thanks.
THANK YOU! exactly meh point i say every time

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
JOPIX227 on Jan 27, 2015 wrote:
You can hardly "spam" call of khrulhu and earthquake in unison being that one cost 6 pips to cast and the other 5 with a shadow pip.

I agree with you however that the spells need to be changed. By that I mean the fire, ice, storm, balance, and life ones are grossly overpowered. They should all hit for the measly 830 damage call of khrulhu was reduced to, end of story. Squall should have been the first one to be nixed.

To your point about the pierce we get at that level, that shouldn't be up for debate. On one thread you're complaining about juju being a problem, and here you're saying cut the high pierce we receive that makes hitting through juju in some instances mostly effective. Surely the only benefit of reducing pierce would be that it would give certain schools like, I don't know.. say ice? even more of an advantage, especially with the new spell the way it is.
could have mastery amulet same for ice and others use ICE mastery amulet they be able use Abominable Weaver! give allot Weaver To Them when people farm for Terror Hoard Pack (same for Ice When use Death Mastery Able Use Call Of Khrulhu (mostly for ice use mastery amulet storm just get more damage and more jewel to storm then ice or death then able heal (only don't see people dispel most weakest school is MYTH!