Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it beyond preporation?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Do you think pet training, crafting, and farming should be a big part of pvp? Many people state that it should be as its preparation, and like any competition, preparation is required to succeed. I disagree, and I will state why.

First off, what do other competitions like soccer do to prepare. Practice, practice, more practice, and buying good running shoes. Now, the most important part of this statement is "buying good shoes." What we need to find out about this is how it equates to our pvp, and I will show you how it equates.

To get good shoes, you need to get the money to afford them (farming for gold.) Then you need to buy them (going to the bazaar.) That's about it right?

Now, pet training is like having to make your own shoes, same with farming and crafting. If soccer players had to create their own shoes, it would be beyond preparation, but a whole different hobby.

Now, what about the practice part, would you consider farming, crafting, or pet training practicing. No, you wouldn't. Practicing is doing pvp over and over to find your right deck construction and from a good strategy. Don't you think thats what pvp should be about? Not who is better at pet training, farming, and crafting, but who is better at pvp itself.

What do you think?
-Solstice64

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
Do you think pet training, crafting, and farming should be a big part of pvp? Many people state that it should be as its preparation, and like any competition, preparation is required to succeed. I disagree, and I will state why.

First off, what do other competitions like soccer do to prepare. Practice, practice, more practice, and buying good running shoes. Now, the most important part of this statement is "buying good shoes." What we need to find out about this is how it equates to our pvp, and I will show you how it equates.

To get good shoes, you need to get the money to afford them (farming for gold.) Then you need to buy them (going to the bazaar.) That's about it right?

Now, pet training is like having to make your own shoes, same with farming and crafting. If soccer players had to create their own shoes, it would be beyond preparation, but a whole different hobby.

Now, what about the practice part, would you consider farming, crafting, or pet training practicing. No, you wouldn't. Practicing is doing pvp over and over to find your right deck construction and from a good strategy. Don't you think thats what pvp should be about? Not who is better at pet training, farming, and crafting, but who is better at pvp itself.

What do you think?
-Solstice64

Actually there is more to soccer than just practice and good shoes. The coach has to have a game plan (strategy). Since pets and treasure cards are a part of PvP, it is a part of strategy (for those you use them). Having the right pet and treasure card for the right duel is like having the right game plan against the right soccer opponent.

Until KI removes those items from PvP, they are a part of PvP (but it is the player's choice to engage or not).

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:

What do you think?
-Solstice64

I disagree with your views on this, and here's why:

According to you, having good soccer shoes = buying stuff at the bazaar

But there is much more to preperation than just soccer shoes.
Soccer players also might work out and get into peak physical condition before a game. That would be the same as us wizards crafting the best gear, or training a good pet. You have to 'build yourself up'. Not just simply buy shoes..

Also PvP isnt just about who has the best deck set up. Its also about who has the better wizard - in all aspects, not just deck. Otherwise it would be called deck vs deck, rather than PLAYER vs PLAYER.

People do many things in life to prepare for a physical competition. They dont just buy clothes. They prepare mentally and physically. Think of crafting and pet training as our way to improve our 'physique'.

Some wizards work hard for their gear and pets. Those are the 'body builders' of the game...
Some wizards dont train or craft, and just settle with default items. Those are 'the average Joes' of the game.

If you find yourself getting beat by the 'body builders', then you should hit the weights too (metaphorically speaking)

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
loki1201 wrote:

I disagree with your views on this, and here's why:

According to you, having good soccer shoes = buying stuff at the bazaar

But there is much more to preperation than just soccer shoes.
Soccer players also might work out and get into peak physical condition before a game. That would be the same as us wizards crafting the best gear, or training a good pet. You have to 'build yourself up'. Not just simply buy shoes..

Also PvP isnt just about who has the best deck set up. Its also about who has the better wizard - in all aspects, not just deck. Otherwise it would be called deck vs deck, rather than PLAYER vs PLAYER.

People do many things in life to prepare for a physical competition. They dont just buy clothes. They prepare mentally and physically. Think of crafting and pet training as our way to improve our 'physique'.

Some wizards work hard for their gear and pets. Those are the 'body builders' of the game...
Some wizards dont train or craft, and just settle with default items. Those are 'the average Joes' of the game.

If you find yourself getting beat by the 'body builders', then you should hit the weights too (metaphorically speaking)

I never thought about the body building part for competitions. So I am going to break it down and see what the equivalent is. Soccer like many other sports is a physical sport, which is why they body build. PvP isn't a physical sport, its more of a magical one (if those existed.) So you would train yourself magically rather then physically. So I guess I agree with you on that aspect, good point, the only question is should that be a part of a video game.

-Solstice64
P.S. I know their is more to preparation then soccer shoes. Most of the other things though fit into the category of practicing, meaning its unrelated to pet training, crafting, and farming.