Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Secondary School For PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
Hi im a little bit new to pvp but i wanted to know whats a good secondary school for ice, i mainly want ice as a main for the hp and a good secondary to make up for the damage i can get an amulet also. Also would like to know a good build for the suggested secondary school thanks ^^

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I don't PvP, but I'd imagine that Life up to Satyr and the Life Mastery Amulet, Death up to Feint, Elemental Blade, possibly Elemental Trap, Reshuffle, and perhaps some of the Astral spells.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
BlackPhantasy wrote:
Hi im a little bit new to pvp but i wanted to know whats a good secondary school for ice, i mainly want ice as a main for the hp and a good secondary to make up for the damage i can get an amulet also. Also would like to know a good build for the suggested secondary school thanks ^^

BlackPhantasy,

You need to learn the following, just to start.
Death's Infection from the Death Tree.
Balance to Weakness,
Life to Satyr.
Astral up to gargantuan,
Balance's Reshuffle at the hidden store.
Elemental Blade, for additional ice hit.
You need the above as a minimum.

Always start with the Life Amulet, as it will help alot when you have made a mistake and need to correct for it.
Later on you can switch over to the Balance Amulet, as the matches get to be longer in time.

Note, some will say you only need to learn up to Spritely, and this is true, but for a beginner it will be very helpful to lear up to Satyr.

If you have the additional training points you can learn any of the following.
Vengence is helpful for gaining a critical now and then.
conviction - helps block Stun and Criticals, you will need these as soon as Vengence goes up.
Cloak. - helpful if you want to confuse your oppenent as you rank up.

Get the waterworks Gear, and craft your ring and Atheme (or get the best you can).
These are the basics, but there are many many more.

On setting up your deck, you don't want too many Ice Angels in.
Your internal boost only boost the first hit of Ice Angel, if I remember correctly.
Check on the Wizard 101 Central for Ice guides, there are some very good ones over there.
Build your side deck with some Treasure decked cards, make from Gargantuans.
Learn how reshuffle works, and how it restacks the cards in your deck.
This is very important, as this is when most will try to attack with their combos to take you out.
Understand how to calculate the oppenents resistance, so you know when you can attack with your own combo.

Also, know how to attack each school, as normally certain schools will be more aggressive than others.

After you have read the Ice guides on Central, you can ask more detailed questions.

Good luck,
Joe.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
Thank you, both of you :-) i will read up on some of the ice guides didnt expect to get as much info from this as i did ^^ i feel like ive learned a bit but still much more to learn =D

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
So I was looking around at some guides there was a really good one but it didnt include feint, is there a reason i should, or shouldn't, grab feint?