Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Has anyone complained about this?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
I just love it how everyone complains about guardian spirit, mana burn, or any of the other spells in PvP. But I haven't seen no one complain about death spamming (I haven't been on the message boards, rarely even so forgive me if there is one) virulent plagues and other weaknesses with cloak and treasure. Then when they team with a balance that spams weakness, treasure weakness, nova, that makes it even more complicated. Seriously, when you have ice on your team that is just done purposely to make your match like hell and last longer. Also death wizards have mass infection along with regular infection/treasure, with treasure dooms carried by other team mates as well as the life wizard. So you can see that there are many counters for guardian spirit. Even though guardian spirit does not take infection, you still have doom and gloom. I am not sure if guardian spirit is a treasure card or not, but I know its from wands that gave that card.

This is how I see death at, spam spam spam. And it's annoying. That's all I think death is useful for teaming, nothing else. The only thing that most of them (not all) can just 1v1. First we had chain stunning, then we had stun shields, but they were removed from earth (correct me if I am wrong) now it's corrected. Now it's still spamming smoke screens, plagues and what not. Now that's something you should complain about. You guys need to form a strategy and think outside of the box, but this is something that's hard when it's repetitive. Then the team with the death wizard complains about how long the match is, well they are making it long on purpose because their only intention is to spam the heck out of us. I don't really team with death because I wouldn't want it done to me, but come on seriously?

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Anything and everything has been complained about in the vast world of the message boards, if you are truely curious, then I think we could find the complaint about death spammers that suits you best :D

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Perhaps, there could be a fizzle rate for these attacks. I haven't looked at the accuracy, but I believe it is 100% for Smoke and the Plagues and Weaknesses. They could lower the accuracy to a storm spell. 70%, but even then people would still have decent accuracy. They could limit treasures from PvP, but then our famous low level puppet spammers (If KI ends puppets, which I am sure they are working on) will cry, just like Bolt and Talos. The only reasonable idea, is limit uses. But Reshuffle foils that, so there are no ways. I understand you buddy, and I don't know all the spells in W101, but is there a spell like Earthquake, but reverse? If not, there needs to be! It could be given to Myth and be called Requake and remove all traps and negative blades from one player, or a whole four people. It makes sense, and maybe KI can look into that next time they add utility spells or any other big update!

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Anyone with a death mastery can spam plagues and virulent plagues. 4v4 in general is a load of spamming. Don't blame it on one school since fire has screen, balance has nova and so on.

4v4 is all about spamming. I have done it I am a Archmage death warlord. I laugh you think mass infection is any good. In 4v4 the pets have so many triggers that they go off like crazy making infection useless. Plus mass infection can't even be spammed.

Tc plague can be spammed without a death mastery amulet. So really it's the person not the school of death. Not to mention death doesn't have much to do with 4v4 besides plagues. Scarecrow is too weak and grant it deer knight has potential but not enough for 4v4.

If you are talking about 3v3 or less than all you have to do is target the death.
Same with 2v2.

So if you can't handle 4v4 stay out of it.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2011
I don't really think people should complain there is always a way to stop spells. and the next thing there won't be any spells in pvp.

Michael dragon breeze and caster lvl 80 balance lvl 78 death

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
Why do they complain if they do say talk to KI or they should just get the spell for them selves

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
i dont get why you complaining every school has something like that

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
What difference does it make people....its only a game, not a disease or anything that could otherwise change the person you are. Play and have fun, I'm 58 and my motto is "Don't sweat the small stuff....it's all small stuff!"