Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Four things that are needed to fix PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
1: Make Darkmoor Shadow Enhanced spells no PvP

People including myself have asked for these to be gone from PvP since they were in the test realm. They have now been out a year and the majority of us still want them gone. (I have no idea how anyone could possibly want them) While they are in PvP, it can never be fixed and will always be luck based.

2: Create an Armor Pierce resist system

The average resist with Malistaire gear is what, around 50/60%? How does having an average Perice of around 40% make sense with that amount of resist? We need a way to counter it and Pierce resist would be perfect, obviously only on new hats, robes and boots so Jades can't now be immune to Pierce. Maybe even add it to the current Malistaire set.

3: Make Bad Juju no cloak

If the first thing was to be added, yeah PvP would be as fair as possible but it would be now much harder to kill Jade Jujus again. The reason they are so effective is because they make survive a long time and just keep making more and more Jujus to spam. If they couldn't cloak them, they would have no where near as many to spam thus making them easier to counter and kill.

Lastly, some people may not think this is not needed, but I think it is one of the most broken things in PvP right now and that's saying something.

4: Remove the MC shift from the Terrors Hoard wands

How on earth was this even added to the game? A wand that can randomly do the damage of a max Wild Bolt? It needs to be removed. PvP should not be luck based and with this what else could it be? Let's have a random example. Someone could be winning from second turn and have around 700 health, a tower shield on him and max pips, his opponent who is first and out of pips and about to die. Knowing he is about to die he just wands knowing it has a chance to do stupidly high damage. It casts the shift and he gets the win. I've seen this happen so many times, how is it fair? Having the chance of a purely random event like this giving you the win is crazy and needs to be gone. Yeah you'd be loving it if it got you the win, but it's just breaking the game even more.

Go back in time 4 years to the waterworks era, the game was outstanding, PvP was PERFECT and extremely fun to take part in. Even many updates after that it stayed perfect. Back then I never thought PvP would become what it is today. These are such simple things and would make such a huge difference. I hear people saying nothing is wrong with PvP and it seriously shocks me, I have no idea how these spells and the Pierce can be seen as fine and fair. PvP will never be what it used to be, but it can be far better than it is right now. KI please listen realize how broken PvP currently is and do something about it so I can stop having to ask the same thing over and over. I don't want to be here typing the same thing over and over, I want to be in the arena enjoying PvP.

I'm tired of having to ask the same things worded differently, All I want is for PvP to be fair and fun again.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
After all these legitimate complaints, and nothing ever done, its obvious KI has turned a blind-eye to this problem, as they have with so many other issues. The second problem is that you have people who are posting on this topic while lacking in knowledge about the issue, using opinions to try and refute facts, and probably exasperating the issue(s). One thing is for sure though; customer loyalty is not absolute. My friends, family, and myself enjoy this game, but if serious game mechanics are not addressed, we will go elsewhere, as will many others. KI please listen and do your customers a favor, and in return we will continue to be loyal subscribers. Thanks.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Intrepidatius on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
After all these legitimate complaints, and nothing ever done, its obvious KI has turned a blind-eye to this problem, as they have with so many other issues. The second problem is that you have people who are posting on this topic while lacking in knowledge about the issue, using opinions to try and refute facts, and probably exasperating the issue(s). One thing is for sure though; customer loyalty is not absolute. My friends, family, and myself enjoy this game, but if serious game mechanics are not addressed, we will go elsewhere, as will many others. KI please listen and do your customers a favor, and in return we will continue to be loyal subscribers. Thanks.
I couldn't have said it better myself. The majority of people that reply to posts like these are people with low or even no knowledge of what has happened to PvP, saying things like nothing is wrong or just roll on with the changes, I believe this to be one of the reasons why nothing is done.

I would say that people who play the game mainly for PvP spend more money on the game than anyone else, and still nothing we asked to be fixed is done. It's not like we're asking for little things that wont really make a difference, these are things that are necessary to fix PvP. I love this game and have for a very long time and I am sad to say I will also be going elsewhere if nothing is done. Personally I can't see this game lasting over 2 more years if nothing is done.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Zekrr on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
1: Make Darkmoor Shadow Enhanced spells no PvP

People including myself have asked for these to be gone from PvP since they were in the test realm. They have now been out a year and the majority of us still want them gone. (I have no idea how anyone could possibly want them) While they are in PvP, it can never be fixed and will always be luck based.

2: Create an Armor Pierce resist system

The average resist with Malistaire gear is what, around 50/60%? How does having an average Perice of around 40% make sense with that amount of resist? We need a way to counter it and Pierce resist would be perfect, obviously only on new hats, robes and boots so Jades can't now be immune to Pierce. Maybe even add it to the current Malistaire set.

3: Make Bad Juju no cloak

If the first thing was to be added, yeah PvP would be as fair as possible but it would be now much harder to kill Jade Jujus again. The reason they are so effective is because they make survive a long time and just keep making more and more Jujus to spam. If they couldn't cloak them, they would have no where near as many to spam thus making them easier to counter and kill.

Lastly, some people may not think this is not needed, but I think it is one of the most broken things in PvP right now and that's saying something.

4: Remove the MC shift from the Terrors Hoard wands

How on earth was this even added to the game? A wand that can randomly do the damage of a max Wild Bolt? It needs to be removed. PvP should not be luck based and with this what else could it be? Let's have a random example. Someone could be winning from second turn and have around 700 health, a tower shield on him and max pips, his opponent who is first and out of pips and about to die. Knowing he is about to die he just wands knowing it has a chance to do stupidly high damage. It casts the shift and he gets the win. I've seen this happen so many times, how is it fair? Having the chance of a purely random event like this giving you the win is crazy and needs to be gone. Yeah you'd be loving it if it got you the win, but it's just breaking the game even more.

Go back in time 4 years to the waterworks era, the game was outstanding, PvP was PERFECT and extremely fun to take part in. Even many updates after that it stayed perfect. Back then I never thought PvP would become what it is today. These are such simple things and would make such a huge difference. I hear people saying nothing is wrong with PvP and it seriously shocks me, I have no idea how these spells and the Pierce can be seen as fine and fair. PvP will never be what it used to be, but it can be far better than it is right now. KI please listen realize how broken PvP currently is and do something about it so I can stop having to ask the same thing over and over. I don't want to be here typing the same thing over and over, I want to be in the arena enjoying PvP.

I'm tired of having to ask the same things worded differently, All I want is for PvP to be fair and fun again.
maybe Im missing something, but how does cloaking a spell make the cloaked spell easier to spam? To my knowledge, it only hides it. Im not trying to start trouble, Im trying to become more educated

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dayerider on Nov 6, 2015 wrote:
maybe Im missing something, but how does cloaking a spell make the cloaked spell easier to spam? To my knowledge, it only hides it. Im not trying to start trouble, Im trying to become more educated
Reshuffle. It puts the cloaked and regular cards back in the deck, the same way it does with sharpened blades and potent traps, effectively doubling the number of juju you can carry.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
dayerider on Nov 6, 2015 wrote:
People don't use cloak to hide the spell, it is used because it causes the spell that is cloaked to double. For example if I cloak a weakness, use it then reshuffle I don't just recieve the cloak and the weakness back I also recieve the cloaked weakness back so an extra weakness card is gained. This is why it is easier to spam, because by cloaking them they gain more and more to spam.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Nov 6, 2015 wrote:
Reshuffle. It puts the cloaked and regular cards back in the deck, the same way it does with sharpened blades and potent traps, effectively doubling the number of juju you can carry.
I wasnt thinking about reshuffle, that's why :)

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
And now the new storm Shadow Enhanced spell does 1720 damage with a colossal. If they're not made no PvP it can't be fixed, but if it's done it will almost be completely fixed I don't understand why it isn't just done.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
The one fix that would help a lot of the current meta problems is a dramatic increase in all school's health buffer long with a decrease in the gap between school health buffers.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Now the Polaris Shadow Enhanced spells have been made insanely OP I would like to change number 1 to make all Shadow Enhanced spells no PvP, not just the Darkmoor ones.