Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire 1v1 pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
I am a level 74 fire wizard, I have all waterworks clothes, a level 60 ring and sword and wand, an epic phoenix as my pet, and wings as my mount. I have tried doing all kinds of pvp, and I always win at practice but NEVER ranked. I have tried so many times, I sometimes think that that warlords just hack or something. I don't have great pvp spells, like tower shield or any of those high ranked astral spells, and I try my hardest, but I always get crushed. The thing I don't like about this, is that they always match me up with a veteran or something when I am at private. If you are higher than private and you are reading this, please reply and give me some advice.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
My advice: Wait for KI to fix the awful Matchmaking system in PvP. There's practically nothing that can be done about this terrible issue, and so, unless you want to keep getting crushed lol, you should stick to practice PvP for now.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
ugg1 on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
I am a level 74 fire wizard, I have all waterworks clothes, a level 60 ring and sword and wand, an epic phoenix as my pet, and wings as my mount. I have tried doing all kinds of pvp, and I always win at practice but NEVER ranked. I have tried so many times, I sometimes think that that warlords just hack or something. I don't have great pvp spells, like tower shield or any of those high ranked astral spells, and I try my hardest, but I always get crushed. The thing I don't like about this, is that they always match me up with a veteran or something when I am at private. If you are higher than private and you are reading this, please reply and give me some advice.
Nick S.

A four time Tournament winner, former Tournament Master for Wizard101Central, and a long-time guide writer for Wizard101 PvP. Nick can be found most often on his Fire wizard, or on his Swashbuckler in Pirate101. Currently working through Azteca on Wiz, and starting a Witchdoctor in P101.

He has two fire PvP Guides. The first one requires no crowns, but the second one does. Chose the route that your comfortable with.

www.duelist101.com/wizard101-pvp-guides-2/by-school/fire-pvp-guides/arch-fire-1v1-no-crowns-guide/

www.duelist101.com/wizard101-pvp-guides-2/advanced-pvp-guides/promethean-fire-1v1-pvp-warlord-guide/

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
ugg1 on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
i am a fire level 75 fire wizard I pvp with full waterworks and I don't have those spells train, but this is what I do is first round do a fire bubble, then I set up a minion , after that I enchant a power link and spam that. but if you go against a ice you might want to pierce there resist I hope this helped!