Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispel shield & Spell Multiplication

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2008
Adding dispel shield and removing spell multiplication has done more harm than good.
The meta has changed into a heal spamming meta with a side deck filled with reshuffle.
These players, most level 60, run tons of healing boost, mandolin for the guardian and max sanctuaries to heal all day. Under sanctuary their satyrs are doing anywhere from 2000-4000. Under doom they do 700-800. The only way to counter this would be to multiply main deck hits to keep up with heals. You need to multiply infections to lower their heals down to 400 under doom. You need to be able to dispel freely to stop certain heals to keep them down.

If anyone disagrees with this. Tell me how to beat a level 80 death juju on a grand from second. I did it 3rd age, 4th age it's impossible. Even 60 lifes are an issue. Simply look at the leaderboards and look at how many lifes you see.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2008
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Dispel shield was an absolute essential fix for max lvl but as I have said before it should have been unmodified for lvls below shadow magic. As for multiplication, this fix was likely implemented to fix the max meta but it definitely had a negative effect on archmage and below.