Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cloak, the spell of glitches

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Cloak has been a very glitchy spell in the arena, and most of these glitches are complete game changers to one side or the other. First off, when you use cloak on a shield, the opponent's armor pierce doubles on the shield. So if somebody had 25% armor piercing, the shield would be -0% (if it were a treasure card it would be -5%) I believe that this isn't just a display glitch, because I don't think my lore masters would do 1000 damage on a -34% shield. Another glitch I would like to point out is that cloaked spells don't disappear after you activate them. This really annoys me when I want to keep track of what my opponent has on me and what I have on my opponent, because sometimes I feel secure and sometimes I think the opponent still has a dispel on me so I use different spells than I normally would. This has actually made me lose a couple matches and it needs to be fixed, thanks.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
PvP King on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
Cloak has been a very glitchy spell in the arena, and most of these glitches are complete game changers to one side or the other. First off, when you use cloak on a shield, the opponent's armor pierce doubles on the shield. So if somebody had 25% armor piercing, the shield would be -0% (if it were a treasure card it would be -5%) I believe that this isn't just a display glitch, because I don't think my lore masters would do 1000 damage on a -34% shield. Another glitch I would like to point out is that cloaked spells don't disappear after you activate them. This really annoys me when I want to keep track of what my opponent has on me and what I have on my opponent, because sometimes I feel secure and sometimes I think the opponent still has a dispel on me so I use different spells than I normally would. This has actually made me lose a couple matches and it needs to be fixed, thanks.
I would like to see this fixed as well.

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
It seems as if the problems have expanded, and this is still an issue as of yesterday.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
IcicleWar on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
It seems as if the problems have expanded, and this is still an issue as of yesterday.
Thank goodness they made it a priority in the newest update, thanks KI!

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
Is this been fixed already?

Also they need to change some spells to don't be able to be cloaked like bad juju. Death wizards are abusing this by spamming bad juju with jade gear, and using lots of reshuffles so the spell multiplies endlessly. If cloak is to hide the spell, it is obvious when they cast bad juju, so this don't work for it but just multiplies in their decks and there is no way to act on it at least you have the deck full of one or two pips spells which is unlikely.

The result is matches that last hours, and one gets defeated by making them run out of cards.

And how come in tournaments also wins the ones that spams more bad jujus?

Or another option is to stop cloak for multiplying the cards.

(sorry for my English, as is my second language, but hope you all can understand)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Thesist on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
Is this been fixed already?

Also they need to change some spells to don't be able to be cloaked like bad juju. Death wizards are abusing this by spamming bad juju with jade gear, and using lots of reshuffles so the spell multiplies endlessly. If cloak is to hide the spell, it is obvious when they cast bad juju, so this don't work for it but just multiplies in their decks and there is no way to act on it at least you have the deck full of one or two pips spells which is unlikely.

The result is matches that last hours, and one gets defeated by making them run out of cards.

And how come in tournaments also wins the ones that spams more bad jujus?

Or another option is to stop cloak for multiplying the cards.

(sorry for my English, as is my second language, but hope you all can understand)
Yes, they've fixed Cloak, and I do agree that spells such as Bad Juju shouldn't be cloakable, Bad Juju is getting abused and you can see it very often in the higher ranks of the Arena.