Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beguile: Got to Change or got to go

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Ok so i dont like to complain a lot , but this topic is worth complaning about. I hate beguile! It is so annoying! I say change it or ditch it cause its not fair. Me and my friends were dueling and my friend chooses fire dragon cause he is all geared up for it, when someone on the opposite team does beguile on him! So then, instead of the fire dragon getting the other team, it gets our team! This happened again when someone did the bartleby spell(forgot what its called)! It healed the opposite team! Ugh this is sooooooo annoying! Please either change or get rid of beguile, KI!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

P.S PLZ reply.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Ok so i dont like to complain a lot , but this topic is worth complaning about. I hate beguile! It is so annoying! I say change it or ditch it cause its not fair. Me and my friends were dueling and my friend chooses fire dragon cause he is all geared up for it, when someone on the opposite team does beguile on him! So then, instead of the fire dragon getting the other team, it gets our team! This happened again when someone did the bartleby spell(forgot what its called)! It healed the opposite team! Ugh this is sooooooo annoying! Please either change or get rid of beguile, KI!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

P.S PLZ reply.

This is how beguile is. The only time it actually becomes a problem is if a school besides death uses it. Kind of like wild bolt, it becomes a huge problem when a school besides storm uses it.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
I agree when only people that are not Death use it, then it becomes a problem but if death did use it it shouldnt be a problem, Death characters doesn't have a lot o cards that deal with pvp so there shouldn't be a problem with beguile, beguile is the main card that makes us special pvp so there shouldnt be a complaint

8) Grand Death Ian Darkshade

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
No offense Kestrel, but that's what it's supposed to do. I don't like beguile much either, but you're just going to have to see it on that game.
Caroline Sunbright
Master Life Level 49

P.S) It's been casted on me and somebody on my team before

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Ok, let me add my two cents to this topic. One why do people complain so much? Two, I rather enjoy exploiting peoples weaknesses :D. PVP is supposed to seperate the strong from the weak. Its called learn how to play the game using all the schools you have mastered (I have mastered a total of 4 schools so far, Death, Storm, Life, Balance). I have spent countless hours developing my characters and I only have two computers that I can use at one time (both being used during 2v2). So why not condense my efforts and use all the spells I have earned and leared ? I use beguile on a regular basis with my Grandmaster life and Storm during 2v2 PVP. My grandmaster death character allows me to make the cards when ever I run low since I do not have a third computer available as of right now (should be up and running shortly). So instead of complaining about not having a good pvp plan, how about putting the time in to learning a new school and join the ranks of the premium pvp players who have develped a solid game plan.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Great I just got my seventh pip time to cast that all mighty spell. Ah ah they don't stand a chance, since we are starting the turn...

Great I just got my seventh pip time to cast that all mighty spell, wait they are starting the turn may be I should wait in case they cast beguile on me this turn...

Agreed sometimes the only difference between winning and loosing is one turn but you got to learn to accept that and have patience.

Hope venting on the forum made you feel better though.

Djark

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I never use beguile waste of pips. Also now beguile just attacks the other team plus the one that got beguiled. Only if the names switch then you pass.

They changed it now even if the other team goes first.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
well beguile Is only really bad half of the time when your not going first beguile becomes a completely useless card (unless the person doesn't like there team and wants to attack them or vice versa because you become a attack target for your team when beguiled)