Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bad Juju Spam

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2015
I admit that Juju is too op.

Like Wakaflame said, why don't a bunch of other broken spells get nerfed to?

Because spells like fire beetle, Hephaestus, lore and weaver don't actually put 90% damage debuffs on you. Sure they remove your shields but your still able to hit. Beetle, just shield up more, Hephaestus, just change the bubble. Weaver is a bit op but you can steal charm and pierce. Lore is a problem but balance wizards often have other broken spells to cast upon.

The main issue here is juju, not any other broken schools. Maybe make it 5 pips but believe it or not, there are ways to overcome it. Spamming wild bolt to get off the juju is perfectly fine. How else are you going to get juju off?.

I am a myth wizard and what I use is to just summon a minion and use dimension shift. Sounds easy no? the problem is, is that it's only available to myth wizards. I have never seen dimension shift tc's but maybe you'll get lucky.

What I am suggesting is to just make juju 5 pips and make everyone start off with 5 or 6 pips. Like Tyler wild pants said, KI should make spells to counter broken spells like this.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
WakaFlame201 and Deathsummoner 4: I'm aware of what I said. Again it seems both of you didn't read my posts careful enough. I said It doesn't matter if This is PVP or PVE. Death is a strong wizard and I told you why. Doing amount of damage doesn't necessarily make wizard strong. Yes I did ignore mentioning 45 bolt, because, as I said this topic/ thread is about Bad Juju Spam only. Other posts somehow stretched that by talking about Death wizard's strength in PVP and quoted my posts making me talk about Death which is more relevant than taking about other Schools and their spells which is irrelevant to this Topic. So what I said is relevant and true. Yes, I was thrown off a bit too but I managed to get back on track.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Guys, I came on this thread to share my Sympathy to LucasWaterstone123 about his experience against Bad Juju spammers not to argue. Please read my posts more careful about what I said and what I'm talking about before you quote me. No matter what I say, It seems like someone feels the need to find something to argue about either for enjoyment, boredom or to get even; may lead to trolling other posts which is against Code Of Conduct. So I'm not going to discuss this matter any further. You have your point of view, beliefs and opinions and I have mine. Have a nice day. Enjoy.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
I don't even see how half of the mentioned solutions would fix it for the Death wizards themselves. It would just fix it for YOU guys = the non-Death wizards. To me, it's just taken a turn into bullying the Death school and every Death wizard in the Spiral just because of their spells, even the non-Juju spammers who are completely innocent in this. If you all truly care about each and every school like you claim to be, not just a bias for your own school, you would have mentioned a solution to counter for our loss by now if any changes were to actually happen to our school.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
deathsummoner4 on May 26, 2018 wrote:
I must admit that I'm still having a hard time seeing some things from your point of view. We have something in common: we both want a solution. But the rest of our arguments are still quite different. I hope you won't mind me asking a few questions just so I can see your standing on this topic more clearly. I'm willing to understand how you truly aren't biased like you said.

1) What are your proposed solutions to fixing the Bad Juju spam?
2) Do you believe that any of these solutions will greatly affect Death wizards, whether it'd be positive or negative? If so, how and why? (If you said negative, what would you suggest to KI to make it up for Death?)
3) If it won't affect the Death school in any way, why so?
4) All these Bad Juju-related questions aside, do you believe Death needs more improvement for PvP in terms of their offensive spells and/or stats? Which schools should also be improved along with Death?
I'm pleased to hear terms are being reached as questions giving me a more comfortable chance to explain myself instead of going off on my hinges . Apologies accepted. Also if I didn't quote you, I'm not directly talking to you. It's true what people say on posts can easily be misinterpreted in a negative way when we never met in person. Before I start I'd like to say, Bias means: "Prejudice in favor of or against a thing, person or a group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair". Bias is mainly targeted towards a person. I have nothing against Bad Juju spell itself or being used in PVP. All I want to see is an honest, positive, clean and fair game play for everyone to enjoy. But when people start and have been complaining how unfair a match was by not giving the other person a good chance to do anything for a win, Something has to be done.

My solution is: Get rid of Cloak Trick so there's no Juju copying. Make Juju TCs non-PVP. Reduce the may cast on Jade gear or at least limit the casts for PVP. That will ease stress and frustration on everyone being fought against bringing the match to a positive outlook. if all fails and no solution is met, then banned Bad Juju spell from PVP but that's last resort. this will give everyone more of a fighting chance to win against spammers including Death. Death can do without Bad Juju spell if need to because there are other plagues such as -25,-45, Beguile and a few others I do not recall at this time. It's better than getting hit with -90 multiple times and easier to bypass. My other solution is make it so PVP is in a totally different Realm like but Wizards are still connected to Wizard101. that way KI can change, buff, nerft or add to gear and spells all they want without affecting PVE. That will eliminate a lot of complaint from both sides. I can't really say what schools needs more improvement because KI made them the way they're meant to be for their purpose effecting both PVP and PVE, sorry.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
deathsummoner4 on May 26, 2018 wrote:
I must admit that I'm still having a hard time seeing some things from your point of view. We have something in common: we both want a solution. But the rest of our arguments are still quite different. I hope you won't mind me asking a few questions just so I can see your standing on this topic more clearly. I'm willing to understand how you truly aren't biased like you said.

1) What are your proposed solutions to fixing the Bad Juju spam?
2) Do you believe that any of these solutions will greatly affect Death wizards, whether it'd be positive or negative? If so, how and why? (If you said negative, what would you suggest to KI to make it up for Death?)
3) If it won't affect the Death school in any way, why so?
4) All these Bad Juju-related questions aside, do you believe Death needs more improvement for PvP in terms of their offensive spells and/or stats? Which schools should also be improved along with Death?
Continue from last post: However, Feint replaces Death's low damage hitting power and since many people say Death is the weakest in PVP, Why not make feint TC non-PVP. Storm, Fire and Ice don't need it. They're already strong as it is by other means. Besides it's not their spell, It's a Death spell. That would be a start to balance the hitting power better from Storm, Fire, Ice vs. Life, Death, Myth and balance.I know people will argue on my Feint idea. But arguing isn't going to solve anything. It's not a solution. If those don't like that idea, then speak of another one. This is the best I can come up with what the game already has at this time without interfering with PVE

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
I'm failing to see how not showing any care towards the other schools just because you don't particularly like them and brushing aside opposing opinions isn't considered bias in your eyes. Did people forget that there are more than just one side to an argument? Some players just have very unrealistic views on the Death school. Has it never linked back to people that maybe the reason why there are many Juju spammers nowadays is that of Death's many disadvantages and the ridiculously huge gap between the low tiers and high tiers altogether? Or do people just unrealistically view Death as a perfect and flawless school both in PvP and PvE with no single cons or issues at all? That way of thinking is having your head in the clouds, because if that truly was the case, shouldn't everyone in the Spiral be Death wizards since we're simply just 'too perfect and complaining for nothing' as you all claim us to be?

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
wakaflame201 on May 26, 2018 wrote:
My point is that he wasn't unfairly spammed. If you read the topic he also said he had spammed about 45 bolts? So its ok to spam bolt and not spam bad juju? Seem like you straight ignored that initial statement. Which that should of been unethical and unprofessional also.

Also, you said " death is one of the better schools" and "Have one of the highest survival rates". Yes in Pve but this is a thread about pvp, so what you said could be irrelevant to the matter being that its not even obtaining to the conversation of pvp. But I would suggest for you to do some death pvp to feel a little of the struggle.

Lastly, my statement about the other schools having immoral advantages/spells in pvp aren't any less relevant than you mentioning elucidate and giving false notion about it being banned from pvp, which it was never banned but in fact retired from the game.
You know, it is a bit amazing and even funny at times when players of other schools tell us what to do. How can non-Deaths exactly claim or assume to know more about the school than the Death wizards themselves? I'd be willing to actually see matches of these players play on a Death wizard since they apparently claim to know everything about the school and carry themselves with such experience as if they've been doing Death PvP since the game was released back in 2009. If they do have a high level or max Death wizard, I'd like to see them play and witness it myself. They should prove us wrong by queueing for 20 matches and if they at least get 5 continuous wins with no signs of any struggles because Death PvP is supposedly just a piece of cake, then you've proved Sean and I wrong. Sean (wakaflame) is a Death Warlord himself, so why are his opinions completely inaccurate or incorrect when he's probably been PvP-ing on Death for years and have had more experience with the school than most of the people here. I've also seen his Life who also happens to be a Warlord too, so he's not just experienced with Death PvP. He's only defending the Death school and our fellow Deaths who are being generalized into the Juju spammer category and getting attacked for simply just being a wizard of the Death school. And why is my opinion also considered completely inaccurate, irrelevant or incorrect too when my main character is literally a Death. It's the school I've been playing since I first stumbled upon Wizard101 and still to this day, even more than I do with my other characters. I've also played Death PvP and had gone to the arena more than 50 times both in 3rd Age and the current 4th Age altogether.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on May 28, 2018 wrote:
Continue from last post: However, Feint replaces Death's low damage hitting power and since many people say Death is the weakest in PVP, Why not make feint TC non-PVP. Storm, Fire and Ice don't need it. They're already strong as it is by other means. Besides it's not their spell, It's a Death spell. That would be a start to balance the hitting power better from Storm, Fire, Ice vs. Life, Death, Myth and balance.I know people will argue on my Feint idea. But arguing isn't going to solve anything. It's not a solution. If those don't like that idea, then speak of another one. This is the best I can come up with what the game already has at this time without interfering with PVE
Hey Patrick, I really appreciate you taking your time to answer my questions. However, the spells itself aren't what wholly determines/guarantees that school a win. Most Death hitters nor non-Death PvP-ers who know how to PvP understand that using Feint in a Ranked 1v1 is not a wise move, unless you're a Juju Jade yourself playing by the Dark Nova strategy, because: 1) The trap itself gives a trap back to the user, giving additional leverage to the opponent, 2) Players nowadays carry Empower TC to take Jujus and Feints off and 3) They can easily counter Feint by using shields, rendering the Feint ineffective. It might sound crazy that Juju spammers don't just Juju spam for the whole match. Casting Bad Juju is not their only move or spell in their deck, they also incorporate other spells and combos with the Dark Nova strategy being a primary example in this case. Dark Nova requires blades, feints and shatter to assist the user. Just using Dark Nova by itself would not consider it a combo. The same applies for Death hitters. Aside from all the obvious individual traits needed for PvP in order to win (e.g. strategy, skills), the way schools can combo play a major role in determining who the winner is for that match, as well as your school's base damage, pierce, etc. But since Death lacks the offensive tools (Dark Pact contradicts itself by destroying the user's blades, no official damage bubble, not many useful TCs that are easily obtainable, etc.), we don't have a lot of effective combos to truly be as strong as others make it out to be. Take a look at how Myth has the White Rat Magician, Fire with different versions of Fire Beetle, Balance with Gaze and Life has Brown Spider to take off shields and put up a damage bubble. Death only has Doom (which doesn't aid the hitter dmg-wise), Death Scarab TC (only a small trap effective for only one hit), wand hits (places no buff) and Red Ghost TC, which can only be obtained during Halloween + one of the rarest TCs in game

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
I'm pleased to hear terms are being reached as questions giving me a more comfortable chance to explain myself instead of going off on my hinges . Apologies accepted. Also if I didn't quote you, I'm not directly talking to you. It's true what people say on posts can easily be misinterpreted in a negative way when we never met in person. Before I start I'd like to say, Bias means: "Prejudice in favor of or against a thing, person or a group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair". Bias is mainly targeted towards a person. I have nothing against Bad Juju spell itself or being used in PVP. All I want to see is an honest, positive, clean and fair game play for everyone to enjoy. But when people start and have been complaining how unfair a match was by not giving the other person a good chance to do anything for a win, Something has to be done.

My solution is: Get rid of Cloak Trick so there's no Juju copying. Make Juju TCs non-PVP. Reduce the may cast on Jade gear or at least limit the casts for PVP. That will ease stress and frustration on everyone being fought against bringing the match to a positive outlook. if all fails and no solution is met, then banned Bad Juju spell from PVP but that's last resort. this will give everyone more of a fighting chance to win against spammers including Death. Death can do without Bad Juju spell if need to because there are other plagues such as -25,-45, Beguile and a few others I do not recall at this time. It's better than getting hit with -90 multiple times and easier to bypass. My other solution is make it so PVP is in a totally different Realm like but Wizards are still connected to Wizard101. that way KI can change, buff, nerft or add to gear and spells all they want without affecting PVE. That will eliminate a lot of complaint from both sides. I can't really say what schools needs more improvement because KI made them the way they're meant to be for their purpose effecting both PVP and PVE, sorry.
Thank you for stating your solutions. Though all these mentioned spells such as Plague, Virulent, Beguile, etc. are not even being used by Death hitters 80% of the time since they are simply just not that useful in assisting a Death hitter for the entire match. It would be great if that were the actual case, but I'm afraid it is not. This is coming from a Death PvP-er so I would know: rather than using Plague, it seems more reasonable to actually opt to train for Balance's Weakness instead since the spell decreases the same amount of outgoing damage but with zero pips. Virulent is an AoE utility spell that wastes 3 pips for a -40 damage; that spell is more suitable for team play, otherwise it would not be casted on all 4 players of the other team. I'm certain that only a small percentage of Death players would actually think of packing Plague or Virulent in their deck. Beguile has also been nerfed quite recently and no longer stalls a few rounds. It acts like a stun in 1v1, but it also does not. In most cases and scenarios, casting Ice and Myth's single stun that uses zero pips is a wiser move than it is to use Beguile. Even non-Deaths from all ranks and levels use this + Myth Banshee, which is a lot more useful than Beguile since it deals a small amount of damage, takes shield(s) off and stuns the person altogether. It should also be common knowledge that no matter how useful, flashy or effective a spell might seem/be in PvP, a true PvP-er must always be wise and careful to not let his/her pips go to waste and think with strategy. Those mentioned spells are more for team play and team PvP, more suitable for a defensive/support strategy or style of play as they are utility spells and decreases damage/heals (it doesn't buff the user in any way), and are more effectively used in PvE.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009

You can't make copies of spells through enchantment anymore. And how is it fair making banning juju tc in pvp?

Dude the entire foundation of this comment is highly biased and unreasonable. Again you're talking about banning bad juju but its benefitting everyone but death school.

Kinda shows you never pvp as an offensive death.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Trigon101060 on May 27, 2018 wrote:

Because spells like fire beetle, Hephaestus, lore and weaver don't actually put 90% damage debuffs on you. Sure they remove your shields but your still able to hit. Beetle, just shield up more, Hephaestus, just change the bubble. Weaver is a bit op but you can steal charm and pierce. Lore is a problem but balance wizards often have other broken spells to cast upon.

The main issue here is juju, not any other broken schools. Maybe make it 5 pips but believe it or not, there are ways to overcome it. Spamming wild bolt to get off the juju is perfectly fine. How else are you going to get juju off?.

I am a myth wizard and what I use is to just summon a minion and use dimension shift. Sounds easy no? the problem is, is that it's only available to myth wizards. I have never seen dimension shift tc's but maybe you'll get lucky.

What I am suggesting is to just make juju 5 pips and make everyone start off with 5 or 6 pips. Like Tyler wild pants said, KI should make spells to counter broken spells like this.
True, the main issue here was originally just the spell itself, but the initial posts and opinions opposing Juju spammers gradually turned into targeting the Death school too, along with the Death wizards (aka wakaflame and me) who are simply just here to voice what they have to say. This isn't the first time it's happened and I doubt it's the last, but whenever these Juju-related topics come up, the arguments always takes a turn for the worst and Death just suddenly gets bullied simply just for being Death. People forget that behind these computer screens, even the Juju spammers themselves, are people too just like everyone else. Meaning they are capable of having emotions and feelings too. We're not NPCs or bots, we're actual human beings. People should stick by what they originally said instead of steering away from their original statement and why they were even here to begin with. Every player should speak with a mindful discretion in order to avoid coming off as biased and to treat others with respect no matter what school you are. Remember that this is a public thread where everyone and anyone can see and reply to it, and that words can have a long-lasting effect, even if it's just one word you've said.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on May 27, 2018 wrote:
WakaFlame201 and Deathsummoner 4: I'm aware of what I said. Again it seems both of you didn't read my posts careful enough. I said It doesn't matter if This is PVP or PVE. Death is a strong wizard and I told you why. Doing amount of damage doesn't necessarily make wizard strong. Yes I did ignore mentioning 45 bolt, because, as I said this topic/ thread is about Bad Juju Spam only. Other posts somehow stretched that by talking about Death wizard's strength in PVP and quoted my posts making me talk about Death which is more relevant than taking about other Schools and their spells which is irrelevant to this Topic. So what I said is relevant and true. Yes, I was thrown off a bit too but I managed to get back on track.
Dude you personally ignored the 45 spam because you have a personal bias. You didn't say anything about how death was strong, but instead gave a bunch of assumptions to why you think death is strong. The only fact you gave was geared toward pve not pvp, which was survivability.

You're a bit sketchy on the topic of pvp because not only was your statements irrelevant but also being unfactual. Just to name a few, your statements on crow, elucidate, beguile, enchantment duplication and etc.

FYI: Comparing schools and their tools are relevant to this post. You said bad juju spamming was unethical and unprofessional. I never disagree with you but if that's unethical and unprofessional then the points I made about other schools should be seen in the same light. He even told ya that he spammed 45 bolts.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
You realize that feint isn't just exclusive to death right? Anyone can trainable it.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Guys, I came on this thread to share my Sympathy to LucasWaterstone123 about his experience against Bad Juju spammers not to argue. Please read my posts more careful about what I said and what I'm talking about before you quote me. No matter what I say, It seems like someone feels the need to find something to argue about either for enjoyment, boredom or to get even; may lead to trolling other posts which is against Code Of Conduct. So I'm not going to discuss this matter any further. You have your point of view, beliefs and opinions and I have mine. Have a nice day. Enjoy.
It's kind of you to show sympathy to Lucas, but it wasn't exactly your opinion that made me feel upset at first. I don't want to bring this up again and I hope this doesn't fuel for another argument, but just to clear some things out, it was just how you've initially described Juju spammers as cheaters in your first post. I understand why it might seem like cheating to you, but it is not, it's an abuse of power. We've never implemented the idea of Bad Juju, Jade gear and the Cloak trick into the game. We Deaths are not the game developers of Wizard101. We're only players who just happen to be of the Death school, getting by with what we have. Like I said before, I happen to have a friend who never wanted to Juju spam, but it's factual that Death has many current disadvantages in PvP, hence why it is so difficult and nearly impossible for many of us to gain wins and rank as a Death hitter through normal and fair play in this current Age. While I may not have been your direct target when you mentioned the word cheater, my friend fits into that category and it upsets me how everyone just has inaccurate notions of Juju spammers. These posts are making it seem as if all of them are immoral, plain out bad and have complete disregard for others. My friend is just like everyone else here in and out of the arena. He's a genuinely nice guy. Without the Juju gear and he's out there questing in normal gear, you wouldn't even think of him as one and he'd be treated nicely just like everyone else, but I bet that once people find out he's one of these 'cheaters', they'll do a complete 360 degree turn and start hurling insults his way (which has actually happened before btw). Sure, there are some trolls among Juju spammers, but there are trolls everywhere and in every game. And nobody here is out to troll anyone or argue due to boredom or just for the sake of enjoyment, otherwise the moderators would probably not even consider letting our posts through at all.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
The only reason why I believe you guys are thinking very biased is because you've only mentioned a solution for Juju spamming, just to clear things out. You're all failing to realize how any change, no matter what school the issue is connected to (whether it'd be Death, Life, School, Myth, Fire, Ice and Balance), will affect them to some degree. You're all also failing to understand the main cause and root of this issue, in simpler terms, why the Bad Juju 'strategy' suddenly surfaced out of nowhere in the first place. The main cause being Death ultimately morphing to become the weakest PvP school it is today.

If people don't want another abusive strategy or way of play emerging again in the future, they should advocate for how EVERY school should become reliable, independent and phenomenal on their own way (because they ALL deserve to be), not just advocating solutions to ONE issue. Fixing ONE issue will not make PvP altogether fair, fun, balanced and equal again, which is why I'm bringing up all these other issues we have since while we're at the topic of 'unfairness' and broken things in PvP like Bad Juju spammers, I thought I may as well remind others that it's not only Juju spamming that's contributing to the unbalanced arena we have now. Otherwise, people shouldn't be too surprised if people suddenly find another broken way of winning in the future if they believe their school has become too hopeless. That's where it all starts. When people believe their school has become so bad to the point where normal and fair play are no longer on their minds, they rant on about their concerns. And if their voices have not been heard, they go out of their way to find the solution themselves. In this case, the Juju spamming 'strategy' emerged since many Deaths felt it was futile to persist as a Death hitter with the false hope of becoming a Warlord within just a short period of time.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Trigon101060 on May 27, 2018 wrote:

1. Fire beetle is highly spammable with 3 tc versions and the traps are 35% . Thats grounds for a one shot. How are you're going to out damage a fire on a death?Even death and life scarab is the same amount of pips with 1 trap that's 30%.They're taking all you're defenses for 2 pips and add 3 traps? Got do you even begin to trade its with that? Not to mention hephaetus is a fire bubble/hit and they have 2 pip damage bubble? Efreet does mass with 90%. Easy to take someone to shield up more when fire has rampage. The last I tried to shield up more against a fire I have war fortify with a thermic. Guess what I got two shot with rampage and efreet.
  2. How is Issue the main issue? What the cause of why death use the strategy in the first place? I didn't said he couldn't get juju off by using bolt but spamming but 45 times? He's equally as guilty as spamming. That's just as brainless.
  3. Ok if you want juju 5 or 6 pips, I will only agree with it if death can have a 2 pip official damage bubble, get full damage enchant to drains, give a minion that don't take all pips, changing beguile back and let death use self- damage spells without taking blades.
  4. There are counter spells for juju spammers which the problem is that you're not set to go again them.
  5. Also again why is Ashen bones stronger than Skeletal dragon epic enchanted and why is fire beetle both more traps and better percent than life and death scarab? Also why is abominable weaver more damage, less pips and better effect than sorrow?

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
deathsummoner4 on May 28, 2018 wrote:
You know, it is a bit amazing and even funny at times when players of other schools tell us what to do. How can non-Deaths exactly claim or assume to know more about the school than the Death wizards themselves? I'd be willing to actually see matches of these players play on a Death wizard since they apparently claim to know everything about the school and carry themselves with such experience as if they've been doing Death PvP since the game was released back in 2009. If they do have a high level or max Death wizard, I'd like to see them play and witness it myself. They should prove us wrong by queueing for 20 matches and if they at least get 5 continuous wins with no signs of any struggles because Death PvP is supposedly just a piece of cake, then you've proved Sean and I wrong. Sean (wakaflame) is a Death Warlord himself, so why are his opinions completely inaccurate or incorrect when he's probably been PvP-ing on Death for years and have had more experience with the school than most of the people here. I've also seen his Life who also happens to be a Warlord too, so he's not just experienced with Death PvP. He's only defending the Death school and our fellow Deaths who are being generalized into the Juju spammer category and getting attacked for simply just being a wizard of the Death school. And why is my opinion also considered completely inaccurate, irrelevant or incorrect too when my main character is literally a Death. It's the school I've been playing since I first stumbled upon Wizard101 and still to this day, even more than I do with my other characters. I've also played Death PvP and had gone to the arena more than 50 times both in 3rd Age and the current 4th Age altogether.
That's exactly what I am saying dude.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
I'm only giving out arguments here to state my opinion like what you are doing and to provide a view from my perspective on this overall topic, because too often do people forget that there are more than just one side to this Bad Juju spamming argument. BREAKING NEWS - we Deaths have a voice too! This is an issue concerning Bad Juju and the spell just happens to belong and is of relevance/relation to the Death school, therefore people shouldn't be surprised or angered if any Death wizards decide to pop by and speak on this matter because they are free to do so. Therefore our opinions are in fact relevant to this topic. You've told me before that I've been assuming things about you, but now you're assuming things about me too. I never argue simply because I just want to. I argue if I'm passionate about something, see injustice or if the topic is of relevance to me. I'm not the type of person who enjoys quarreling for no reason. You're mistaking me for a troll, which I am not. Had I been one, I probably would have been banned by now or none of my posts would have even gone through. Again, you're always making it seem as if my opinions don't even matter in this topic when they clearly do. So how am I supposed to not think of you as biased when everything you have claimed to be completely contradicts what you are saying? Like you said, "You have your point of view, beliefs and opinions and I have mine." and the same thing applies to me too, buddy.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
And Lucas, I'm just saying that you probably wouldn't even be arguing about Juju spammers nor started this thread in the first place had you not went against that Juju spammer at all. There are a few reasons why you might have gotten that Warlord twice, even though you are below Private: 1) You've queued around the same time as that guy and there were no other players available within his rank during that time, 2) You PvP-ed around 'ghost town hours' when the arena are lacking enough players to actually find an accurate match within your range and rank.

I'd say you were just at the wrong place and time to queue. It's best to avoid doing PvP when nobody is because you are more likely to face Warlords, but then again, not a lot of people are doing PvP nowadays so these unfair scenarios are bound to happen to anyone at some point. Hence why I've stopped doing ranked because 4th Age PvP overall is broken.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
deathsummoner4 on May 27, 2018 wrote:
Of course we have different types of debuff spells, we are a support school after all. Just like how Balance is and has two sets of tri-shields and tri-blades, as well as weaknesses, from the actual spell itself and Loremaster.

And don't get mad at me when I'm just simply stating what I think. All these spells you've mentioned are UTILITY spells, meaning they are not for hitting, their purpose is for support. Death hitters don't even use half of those spells you've mentioned. Doom and Gloom is not "basically a Juju", I think you've forgotten that Juju is for weakening damage. Doom is to weaken heals, Juju Jades never use that otherwise they'd be asking for a loss. And our drain spells and weakening hits + heals are a specialty of ours, just like Storm having high damage, pierce and critical are specialties of theirs that makes them unique. Death without drains would not be death, Storm without high dmg, crit, pierce would not be Storm, Life without heals would not be Life. See where I'm getting at?

Also, if you're mad on how we simply have drains (since the very beginning), why direct anger towards the players who've had no control over it? It was KI who decided which features each school should have. We didn't made the choice to have Bad Juju you know. Plus, our beguile has been nerfed quite recently if you haven't already noticed so the amount of turns you get beguiled have been reduced. Pretty sure it's now only one. And Empowering just because you want to Crow is not a wise move. It's clear you've never had a Death wizard.

You stating, "so DONT come on here saying that you guys have no other option." Now you're just demanding for others to leave when it's a public Message Board for the PvP community to voice their opinion on. If you have an issue with people stating things and replying to your topic, why even post a thread in the first place? It makes no sense.
ill just say there are many that would agree with me no matter what you say its being abused and if all I mentioned are utility spells, isn't bad juju one? why only that to spam? and unlike balance their loremaster is only minus 25 along with a minimal accuracy debuff which is tolerable because you don't waste an entire hit also it costs more pips than a bad juju. as for doom being bad juju, that was not what I meant. what I meant was its the same amount of pips basically as a bad juju. and yes it is for weakening heals which other class you see has that advantage on people who like to heal a lot? yes your specialty is drain your just stating what I already specified so you have many options at strategizing. however spamming bad juju is just poor and unprofessional abuse, which takes to effort and leaves the other person struggling beyond their schools abilities.

As to if I am mad about the drains no, once again im saying you also have that advantage so your not at a large DISADVANTAGE as you spoke of. when storms hit do we heal? no when ice hits do they heal? no see where I AM getting at? beguiled being nerfed I did not know about, ill have to clearify that but its still a very useful spell that most death wizards even the juju spammers take advantage of which is ok. and empowering just to get a decent move as you may not have had enough pips to do what you needed in the first place so that's also incorrect which you stated. I do have a death wizard however hes still below one hundred because I am a storm lover from the start of the game and I haven't had time to put more time into him.

Me stating " so DONT come on here saying that you guys have no other option." was just facts you do have other options you just find BAD JUJU the easiest. its never easy for any school up until now, every school had to perfect or use different strategies to accomplish what they want with exception death which now does that for a easy way out.I have no issue with the community

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
deathsummoner4 on May 28, 2018 wrote:
And if you think I have a problem with the community, ask the community if they have a problem with juju spammers and lets hear what they have to think OVERALL. there are many spells that are too op but they are counterable however theres is no logical way to counter endless juju spamming without running out of pips, cards and basically wasting necessary hits. you are just a protagonist who is probably a user of it so you have no other option but to be the ambassador in protecting such a spell abuse from being nerfed EVEN though you know it is being abused in an unprofessional manner. It doesn't take much for people to see that either but its a open board and community so we are free to share our opinions.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
wakaflame201 on May 27, 2018 wrote:
Again this is another example on how to directly nerf death in general without being empathic to their to needs. This exactly why I said player's praise death hitters but at the same time opping to have them struggle more by asking for more cards that will render their spells and tactics useless.

Which I can say I defeated a lot of juju spammers on my life, storm, balance, ice and death( First or second). The most simple solutions of counter are wands(May cast), dooms,bubbles, infections, low pip hits, reshuffles and forcing them to use up their bad juju tc in side deck which would limit them to only main. Which all of these factors are available to every school.

How about talking how to stop jade bad juju, while also giving offensive death players a better chance to compete in pvp without essentially need it..
ROFL. Nothing I've suggested nerfs Juju at all. My death wizards love and use juju with fantastic results. However, in a discussion titled Bad Juju Spam, folks are going to talk about the merits and complaints of this spell. And in such a discussion, successful work around solutions may come up, others may or may not agree with. However, I'm glad you mentioned jade gear. When Shadow Magic came out, it brought a successful workaround solution to neutralize jade gear. And yet folks still use jade gear, while others continue to complain. Storm Wizards have cleanse, so its not too a far stretch the spell gets evolved as a way to remove multiple negative minus to hit on the same wizard, or the entire team. Just as myth has earthquake, and its not a far leap to also evolve this spell to remove traps and minus to hit on a person's own team.

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
wakaflame201 on May 28, 2018 wrote:
  1. Fire beetle is highly spammable with 3 tc versions and the traps are 35% . Thats grounds for a one shot. How are you're going to out damage a fire on a death?Even death and life scarab is the same amount of pips with 1 trap that's 30%.They're taking all you're defenses for 2 pips and add 3 traps? Got do you even begin to trade its with that? Not to mention hephaetus is a fire bubble/hit and they have 2 pip damage bubble? Efreet does mass with 90%. Easy to take someone to shield up more when fire has rampage. The last I tried to shield up more against a fire I have war fortify with a thermic. Guess what I got two shot with rampage and efreet.
  2. How is Issue the main issue? What the cause of why death use the strategy in the first place? I didn't said he couldn't get juju off by using bolt but spamming but 45 times? He's equally as guilty as spamming. That's just as brainless.
  3. Ok if you want juju 5 or 6 pips, I will only agree with it if death can have a 2 pip official damage bubble, get full damage enchant to drains, give a minion that don't take all pips, changing beguile back and let death use self- damage spells without taking blades.
  4. There are counter spells for juju spammers which the problem is that you're not set to go again them.
  5. Also again why is Ashen bones stronger than Skeletal dragon epic enchanted and why is fire beetle both more traps and better percent than life and death scarab? Also why is abominable weaver more damage, less pips and better effect than sorrow?
Dude I NEVER said ashen bones is stronger than skeletal dragon enchanted. I said said those spells you mentioned are fair either, stop sounding like your'e implying that I don't care. Juju is worst than those spells.

That being said, op spells like fire beetle, efreet and weaver is yes too op, BUT it doesn't stop you from playing. All you need is brace, spam shields and put a tc weakness on them.

Efreet is annoying but it's 8 PIPS, so it's exactly spammable. Burning rampage, i'm afraid you weren't set up for it either. Using tc triage or tc shift counters it easy. Weaver is better than sorow because in PVP, a 30% damage debuff is nothing, but using a spell that could do 1500 damage AND putting on a 75% tower shield literally before someone is about to hit, is ridiculous.

I admit 45 wild bolts is pretty brainless but how else is he gonna get rid of those 90% damage debuffs? flee the duel? doesn't exactly sound fair to lose your rank over a brainless zombie

Dude it's like saying life should get a 25% damage instead of the healing bubble. Why? because life isn't meant for healing and death isn't meant for tanking. If you notice the spell trend, you will notice that a common effect is taking health and using their health as your own. Having a 65% healing debuff is exactly what we need. We can't remove it otherwise everything will be in chaos. How? because 1. you won't be able to do Malistaire without having to take on 45k health. 2. You won't be able to do PVP without people abusing jade gear and trust me, infections won't cut it when you do 4v4 tournaments and EVERY SINGLE person is JADE.

Like I said before, a lot of these spells SHOULD BE 4 or 5 pips but everyone is too busy shoving their opinions down each others throat. Juju, wild bolt, fire storm life and death beetle, loremaster, supernova etc. Spells that should be like 7 pips, Hephaestus, rampage, guardian spirit etc.

Don't even get me started on shadow enchanted spells.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Tylerwildpants on May 29, 2018 wrote:
ROFL. Nothing I've suggested nerfs Juju at all. My death wizards love and use juju with fantastic results. However, in a discussion titled Bad Juju Spam, folks are going to talk about the merits and complaints of this spell. And in such a discussion, successful work around solutions may come up, others may or may not agree with. However, I'm glad you mentioned jade gear. When Shadow Magic came out, it brought a successful workaround solution to neutralize jade gear. And yet folks still use jade gear, while others continue to complain. Storm Wizards have cleanse, so its not too a far stretch the spell gets evolved as a way to remove multiple negative minus to hit on the same wizard, or the entire team. Just as myth has earthquake, and its not a far leap to also evolve this spell to remove traps and minus to hit on a person's own team.
Actually you did say something that will directly nerf juju. And its geared to nerfing the use of it. So you’re contradicting yourself. You even stated trade And remove bad juju. You even said the spell should be named “transfer juju.”

What you fail to realize that you are also putting offensive deaths at a big disadvantage. But again being bias against death as a whole. Still haven’t heard anyone say anything that’s geared to stop jade juju while also helping offensive deaths