Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any shield blocks balance!

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Have you not noticed? Any shield in wizard101 history now EFFECTS any Balance spell! The Spirit Shields effect Chimera. The Element Shields effect Hydra. The Universal shields effect Scarab, Scorpion, Sandstorm, Judgement, Power Nova, Ra.

Balance needs a spell to destroy all enemy's shields, like Shatter. I'm not even kidding, it's so hard to attack now. I used to be able to attack hard, but now my spells are constantly being weakened by shields. And also, any resist decreases Balance's spells too. I'm really annoyed by this and I think that Balance needs something to clear shields with traps and converts. But not blades.

Although I play a good strategy with Balance, I can still be shielded off easily and now I have to use my Sea Dragon pet for MC Pierce and Piercemonger

Just saying.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
Have you not noticed? Any shield in wizard101 history now EFFECTS any Balance spell! The Spirit Shields effect Chimera. The Element Shields effect Hydra. The Universal shields effect Scarab, Scorpion, Sandstorm, Judgement, Power Nova, Ra.

Balance needs a spell to destroy all enemy's shields, like Shatter. I'm not even kidding, it's so hard to attack now. I used to be able to attack hard, but now my spells are constantly being weakened by shields. And also, any resist decreases Balance's spells too. I'm really annoyed by this and I think that Balance needs something to clear shields with traps and converts. But not blades.

Although I play a good strategy with Balance, I can still be shielded off easily and now I have to use my Sea Dragon pet for MC Pierce and Piercemonger

Just saying.

Have you noticed that Balance is the only school that can cast a spell from every other school? That is both a strength and weakness and was a factor in KI's decision to not give what you are asking. A Shatter item or treasure card goes a long way in Balance's arsenal.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Universal Shields plural? Tower is the only one in existence, and there IS such a thing as Pierce and Shatter treasure cards. Oh and unless you're fighting another Balance, they won't be able to cast Spirit or Elemental Shields. If you're that upset about Towers, train Melt and Unbalance to block the tri-shields and Tower Shields. Towers are only 50%, too, so train Feint to easily bypass them, other Sorcerers do it all the time, coupled with full pip Judge it's devestating.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

Just saying.

Really? Wow! Other schools are affected by shields too, welcome to the club finally! Although, Balance still does not have a school specific shield, lucky for them. Because the universal tower shield effects all schools, not just balance!

So, explain to me why it is not ok to nerf balance, but it is ok to nerf storm?

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
kingurz wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Just saying.

Have you noticed that Balance is the only school that can cast a spell from every other school? That is both a strength and weakness and was a factor in KI's decision to not give what you are asking. A Shatter item or treasure card goes a long way in Balance's arsenal.

Agreed. I don't find this as much of a problem.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

Just saying.

Think about this, life doesnt! Storm doesnt! death doesnt!
fire doesnt! 4/7 don't other than balance so dont complain.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Joujou11cool,

I know exactly where your are comming from, and Darthjt was joking about adding another shield to block Balance.... believe me, no one needs any more than what they already got, for sure.

I finally decided to go with the Myth Amulet and Earthquake, to get the shields out of the way. That at least gives me a shot, if I already have my blades up and ready.
lately I have decided to put traps out, to bring out the shields. Once I can get a few out, I wait for a few blades to go up, and then earthquake.
It helps with some, but the better player already has a shield in hand, waiting for earthquake.
The other problem is that a Balance needs to put up Dispels. A good dispel at the right time can really help. Especially against players who like to hit with their big spells over and over.
I have not gone over (to the dark side) to the idea of shatter, I want to play without it.
Idk, maybe Balance really needs to use it, as they can't win a tourney without it.
Just a few thoughts...

Happy New Year...
Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
Universal Shields plural? Tower is the only one in existence, and there IS such a thing as Pierce and Shatter treasure cards. Oh and unless you're fighting another Balance, they won't be able to cast Spirit or Elemental Shields. If you're that upset about Towers, train Melt and Unbalance to block the tri-shields and Tower Shields. Towers are only 50%, too, so train Feint to easily bypass them, other Sorcerers do it all the time, coupled with full pip Judge it's devestating.

There's Legion Shield.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Joujou11cool,

I know exactly where your are comming from, and Darthjt was joking about adding another shield to block Balance.... believe me, no one needs any more than what they already got, for sure.

I finally decided to go with the Myth Amulet and Earthquake, to get the shields out of the way. That at least gives me a shot, if I already have my blades up and ready.
lately I have decided to put traps out, to bring out the shields. Once I can get a few out, I wait for a few blades to go up, and then earthquake.
It helps with some, but the better player already has a shield in hand, waiting for earthquake.
The other problem is that a Balance needs to put up Dispels. A good dispel at the right time can really help. Especially against players who like to hit with their big spells over and over.
I have not gone over (to the dark side) to the idea of shatter, I want to play without it.
Idk, maybe Balance really needs to use it, as they can't win a tourney without it.
Just a few thoughts...

Happy New Year...
Joe.

It's just annoying me how I get 50% to other schools and other gets get 70-80 percesnt :?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Just saying.

Really? Wow! Other schools are affected by shields too, welcome to the club finally! Although, Balance still does not have a school specific shield, lucky for them. Because the universal tower shield effects all schools, not just balance!

So, explain to me why it is not ok to nerf balance, but it is ok to nerf storm?

It's not ok to nerf Storm either (my post about it is still being pended I think, but nerfing a school and boosting one is a little annoying. And also I hate the fact that other school gets 70& shields to Balance and Balance just gets 50%.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I found my solution to this problem I forgot I used my only Balance attack deck and I couldnt find Hydra/Spectral Blast to shake them off. My bad. But what I also found out is that I still hit hard.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
Again, who can attack using all schools and still get their school boost? Balance is the only one.

So, while 1 person uses Elemental Schools, Balance can use Chimera, Ra, or Judgement.

Or if a person uses Spiritual Shields, Balance can use Hydra, Elemental Blast, Ra, or Judgement.

If a person uses both Spiritual or Elemental shields, Balance can simply and powerfully use Judgement.

Who else has so many options regarding attacks? Gets the most blades and traps. Balance is too overpowered and could use that balance shield to bring it down a few notches.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
RosamaryH wrote:
Again, who can attack using all schools and still get their school boost? Balance is the only one.

So, while 1 person uses Elemental Schools, Balance can use Chimera, Ra, or Judgement.

Or if a person uses Spiritual Shields, Balance can use Hydra, Elemental Blast, Ra, or Judgement.

If a person uses both Spiritual or Elemental shields, Balance can simply and powerfully use Judgement.

Who else has so many options regarding attacks? Gets the most blades and traps. Balance is too overpowered and could use that balance shield to bring it down a few notches.

I think what people are missing here is that all of Balance spells are low hitting, except it's one X spell.
As I remember, I think it was shinedown that stated, to shut down Balance, just put up a Elemental and Spirit shield, and it's hits are basically shut down. Now they have to waste six pips on Hydra to bring down the Elemental shields, losing the Pip war.
Balance has not way to take down the Spirit shields, and thus you have blocked out chimera.
Also, once you put up the Elemental Shields, Spectra Blast is shut down, which is the Balance Main fire power.
Anyone, and I mean anyone that can't stop a Balance is just not prepared.

Now lets take this one step up, and lets say someone puts up a Storm shield on a Storm. I have storm elf, and low hit storm spells to remove them.
Many if not most Storm has storm wands also, to help with Shields.
Fire, not an issue at all, Myth, still not a issue at all with shield.
Ice, Frostbit, or Ice Elf, Death has Posion, Life has a wands, and low spells to remove the shields.

Balance is at a huge disadvantage in this area, as they have no spells that can really get around the Death, Life and Myth Shields. No cheap Pip spells to remove Fire, Storm or Ice shields.

So before people talk about you can't defend against Balance, think again.

Now, for the few Judge Spammers, yes, they only have Towers to defend their hits. Remember, once they hit, they cannot heal, they are basically defenseless. Judge spammers seldom make it very high in Rank, because of this stratergy.
So, if a spammer beat you, I would have to say, you most likely deserved to be beat.

There is a reason that Balance is always listed so low in the PvP ranks.
Often below Death, and just above life (actually Life may have moved up even with Balance after that awesome level 68 spell it got).
There is a reason why so few Balance Warlards are around.
It is the hardest school to play and win with as you move up the ranks.

Joe,
Joespeh LionHunter.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
RosamaryH wrote:

I think what people are missing here is that all of Balance spells are low hitting, except it's one X spell.
As I remember, I think it was shinedown that stated, to shut down Balance, just put up a Elemental and Spirit shield, and it's hits are basically shut down. Now they have to waste six pips on Hydra to bring down the Elemental shields, losing the Pip war.
Balance has not way to take down the Spirit shields, and thus you have blocked out chimera.
Also, once you put up the Elemental Shields, Spectra Blast is shut down, which is the Balance Main fire power.

Now lets take this one step up, and lets say someone puts up a Storm shield on a Storm. I have storm elf, and low hit storm spells to remove them.
Ice, Frostbit, or Ice Elf, Death has Posion, Life has a wands, and low spells to remove the shields.

Balance is at a huge disadvantage in this area, as they have no spells that can really get around the Death, Life and Myth Shields. No cheap Pip spells to remove Fire, Storm or Ice shields.

Now, for the few Judge Spammers, yes, they only have Towers to defend their hits. Remember, once they hit, they cannot heal, they are basically defenseless. Judge spammers seldom make it very high in Rank, because of this stratergy.
So, if a spammer beat you, I would have to say, you most likely deserved to be beat.

Often below Death, and just above life (actually Life may have moved up even with Balance after that awesome level 68 spell it got).

Joe,
Joespeh LionHunter.

It might be hard in tournaments with their so called rules, but Balance is not as hard as you say they are and can use fire elf the same exact way as any other elemental school. Use Fire elf, Storm elf, Ice elf, all for 2 pips or 1 powerpip if you have a mastery amulet.

Which Balance does do a fine job healing without a life mastery amulet.

Sorry, but what exactly is your point?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
RosamaryH wrote:

Joe,
Joespeh LionHunter.

Balance isn't low in the ranks! If it is, then I must be really good at using Balance wizards :-) I hardly lose. But, even if my opponent shields, I can still use Spectral Blast to hit high damage then a Hydra.