Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

all PVP warlords, accept your loss please!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
105
Hello,

I just want to say this to all the sore losers, STOP! I am also warlord, and I don't complain if I lose. Every match I say "gg" no matter what!
I have heard it all by now.
here is a short list:
"I would have won if you did not spam so many shields!"
"I would have won if your pet did not heal you!"
"treasure card noob"
"You got lucky, I fizzled!

OK, first of all, spamming shields, having your pet heal you, using treasure cards is all part of PVP!
Do you really want to win all the time?
I have news for you, everything you complain about is part of PVP. Spamming is a strategy, so accept it.
If my pet heals me, then my work on making a pet with all heals paid off!
And this is my favorite, wizards that complained about TC? Yea right after you cast your judgment, when your not even balance!! come on!
How about I say to you,
"Oh, I would have won if your pet did not have resist!
"Oh, if you did not cast infallible I would have had you!"
And as far as you fizzling, then increase you accuracy!

On that note, please accept your loss like a real warlord!

PVP Warlord

Survivor
Apr 29, 2014
7
Survivor
May 02, 2014
38
I think people should stop calling people names in rank pvp.

I notice some warlords I just say hi to just run off. I don't know why and we weren't in where you could join a rank pvp match.

Kymma lvl 13 Veteran now

And yes I use tc spells. But when I get to warlord I will try to help you or anyone that wants it.

Squire
Sep 07, 2011
593
If only...
but it usually works more like this:

1- Play a match using (unimaginative strategy). Lose to a (school) wizard who used (spell or item)

2- Start 27 threads on 9 message boards, and rage on Twitter about how (school) is OP and (spell or item) is unfair and should be banned. Accuse the other player of cheating. Demand KI change the game mechanics to favor (unimaginative strategy) since that is the LEGIT way to play.

3- Repeat

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
I once made a suggestion that no one be allowed to say anything but "GG" or "good match" after a PvP bout. People almost never have anything good to say, if they're not saying one of those things.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
Totally agreed. Well said.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
147
Gemma Luna on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
If only...
but it usually works more like this:

1- Play a match using (unimaginative strategy). Lose to a (school) wizard who used (spell or item)

2- Start 27 threads on 9 message boards, and rage on Twitter about how (school) is OP and (spell or item) is unfair and should be banned. Accuse the other player of cheating. Demand KI change the game mechanics to favor (unimaginative strategy) since that is the LEGIT way to play.

3- Repeat
So true.

I just wish people would realize PvP is for fun, I hate to say this, but I think ranked just makes some people crazy. (This isn't everyone, I know several warlords who just have a good time with it, win or lose) but I just enjoy the game and enjoy when someone has a surprising strategy (I myself keep judgement TC with an exalted balance mastery on my storm, no one sees that one coming (; )

It isn't about winning or losing, it's supposed to be about having fun and enjoying the battle. There is no "cheating" there are tactics (which yes, at times can be annoying) but they are tactics nonetheless and there's no need to go crying to KI to fix it because you cannot overcome it.

-The RavenCatcher

100967463

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
8
Thank you I accept losses and I'm a warlord so I think you're right.

Explorer
Oct 10, 2010
92
I never have a problem accepting my loses, unless I get hit below the belt.
Hitting below the belt is considered a cheap shot in Boxing....
I consider a Jade player that spams this type of Cheap shot in PvP.
Since I have no (absolute zero) respect for this type of player,
I will accept it as a lost, but at no time will I ever, reply with a GG.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2013
9
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
IcicleWar on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
I never have a problem accepting my loses, unless I get hit below the belt.
Hitting below the belt is considered a cheap shot in Boxing....
I consider a Jade player that spams this type of Cheap shot in PvP.
Since I have no (absolute zero) respect for this type of player,
I will accept it as a lost, but at no time will I ever, reply with a GG.
This attitude is one of the major problems with PvP. You can't cope with someone elses strategy so they are cheap/cheating/unfair, so it justifies you being a poor sport. Face it, their strategy worked and beat you. Next time, change your strategy to counter them. Plenty of people are able to beat Jade spammers, just like plenty of people beat Storm critical spammers. Consider your losses a lesson and try to LEARN from it. The best definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Stop the insanity and THINK.

Explorer
Oct 10, 2010
92
seethe42 on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
This attitude is one of the major problems with PvP. You can't cope with someone elses strategy so they are cheap/cheating/unfair, so it justifies you being a poor sport. Face it, their strategy worked and beat you. Next time, change your strategy to counter them. Plenty of people are able to beat Jade spammers, just like plenty of people beat Storm critical spammers. Consider your losses a lesson and try to LEARN from it. The best definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Stop the insanity and THINK.
Seethe42,
Where I have read some of your posts and agreed with them, this is one where I feel you are way off base.
You must be one of the many Jade Spammer, to respond like this, great. First, I see very few people beat a Jade Spammer at level “1200” or above. Does it happen, yes, but it’s seldom, and in most battles I’ve watched, I would say rare. In the lower levels, I do see Jade get beat, but it's because of the lack on knowledge on the Jades part.
Please read PVP King’s latest post, and read Eric’s reply on the Jade Death Spammer. This is the exact topic I am talking about. He clearly points out the typical strategy that is used by Jade at this level.
If you don’t beat a Level 1200 Jade Spammer in the first part of the match, you most likely will not be able to beat them. I have seen Nick setup specifically for Jade, by watching the Que. You have a slim window of opportunity to win, and if you miss the window, you have lost, period. Your reply tells me that you simply do not understand this.
Also, please read Eric’s posting on Jade spamming and Traps, another post that ties directly into what I am talking about in my post.
Jade spammers are far different than Storm spammers, they are two completely different animals. Not the same in any way, anyone has a chance against a Storm. If not saying GG at the end of the match makes me a Poor Sport, then so be it. As far as learning form a loss to a Jade, please be real. I would have to ask the simple question, have you faced a Jade after your rank was 1200 to 1600? Do you have any idea how small the window is and how you have to design your deck to counter? Your chance of winning after a reshuffle is the real definition of Insanity, please think of that. Telling me to think and learn tells me you have faced few, if any Jade spammers.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
33
I was fighting a wizard the other day and i was almost dead so i crit Judge and they died as a Warlord and they said 'cheater' and left it was very immature.....

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
The reason why many Warlords insult after losing in a PvP match is because there's no need to respect the opponent's skill if they got lucky by their pet healing them. Some will accept their opponent's skill, but most will not. If you don't have a reason to respect your opponent, the chances of you getting frustrated and throwing insults increases. The uncontrollable luck factor frustrates many people and makes them lose respect to truly skilled opponents, which is why Warlords complain.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
People don't know how to speak nice. I have no confidence in people anymore.

Here it is again: I say eliminate post-match chat altogether and either 1) program PvP to automatically port all players out so they can't stew and fester, or 2) allow for optional menu chat "GG."

Survivor
Feb 24, 2010
1
Yet I'm stuck as a Private

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
PvP King on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
The reason why many Warlords insult after losing in a PvP match is because there's no need to respect the opponent's skill if they got lucky by their pet healing them. Some will accept their opponent's skill, but most will not. If you don't have a reason to respect your opponent, the chances of you getting frustrated and throwing insults increases. The uncontrollable luck factor frustrates many people and makes them lose respect to truly skilled opponents, which is why Warlords complain.
No, the reason why some Warlords insult after matches is that they are immature, poor sportsmen who never learned how to behave with dignity, style, and respect. Such people really need to grow up.

Insulting someone is never needed, and only shows the pettiness of the person throwing the insult.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
220
1. Kymma, congrats! I am so happy that you are ranking up, good work :)
2. Gemma Luna, hahahahaha, you are so right
3. Lucas Rain, That would bum me out as I have made many friends in pvp immediately following a match. Some of my best friends in game actually. Not everyone is a sore loser or a bad sport.
4. Sokad, I completely agree with everything you said but you aren't gonna catch this Raven! (shakes tail feathers) hehehe
5. Icicle, I agree with Seethe42 that your idea of what is fair is off and you could be a better sport about it. Clearly, Jade Gear is part of the game because Ki decided it was in fact fair and did fit in with the game. You are allowed to be annoyed. Jade strategy annoys me too, but it would be cool if you could try to be a better sport about it.
6. Pvpking, refer to what I said above but also realize that when a person has a pet that heals, that isn't luck. It takes a lot of time and skill to make a perfect pet. also, the uncontrollable luck factor is part of the game. this isn't chess, its pvp in a kid safe game. it is supposed to be fun and unpredictable and the luck factor is part of that.

Thanks for the interesting thread, see you in the spiral

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
stormkraker on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
Hello,

I just want to say this to all the sore losers, STOP! I am also warlord, and I don't complain if I lose. Every match I say "gg" no matter what!
I have heard it all by now.
here is a short list:
"I would have won if you did not spam so many shields!"
"I would have won if your pet did not heal you!"
"treasure card noob"
"You got lucky, I fizzled!

OK, first of all, spamming shields, having your pet heal you, using treasure cards is all part of PVP!
Do you really want to win all the time?
I have news for you, everything you complain about is part of PVP. Spamming is a strategy, so accept it.
If my pet heals me, then my work on making a pet with all heals paid off!
And this is my favorite, wizards that complained about TC? Yea right after you cast your judgment, when your not even balance!! come on!
How about I say to you,
"Oh, I would have won if your pet did not have resist!
"Oh, if you did not cast infallible I would have had you!"
And as far as you fizzling, then increase you accuracy!

On that note, please accept your loss like a real warlord!

PVP Warlord
Finally someone else sees this! It is too true and I am glad you have pointed this all out.

To you warlords and other fighters who are sore losers remember these simple things.

Every road has bumps and every bump is eventually smoothed out.

In the big picture of your life, it will not matter if you lost a PvP match in a computer game to someone who played their cards smarter than you did.

It will not matter if you had a chance of winning, there are more battles to fight besides these few (or many) you lost so you can easily rebuild your reputation.

It will not matter that you lost a certain amount and your rank was knocked down. You just need to be smarter next time so you can win.
Grace DreamRider
Level 84

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
FinnAgainWindrider on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
No, the reason why some Warlords insult after matches is that they are immature, poor sportsmen who never learned how to behave with dignity, style, and respect. Such people really need to grow up.

Insulting someone is never needed, and only shows the pettiness of the person throwing the insult.
Yes, I agree, but it is far less likely to start insulting your opponent if you respect them, which to many people, pets healing cloaks the fact that the opponent may be skilled even without it.

Explorer
Oct 10, 2010
92
FinnAgainWindrider on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
No, the reason why some Warlords insult after matches is that they are immature, poor sportsmen who never learned how to behave with dignity, style, and respect. Such people really need to grow up.

Insulting someone is never needed, and only shows the pettiness of the person throwing the insult.
FinnAgainWindrider,

You are assuming that everyone playing is at your age or above, what about the much younger player?
You expect someone that is 8, 10, or 12 to act like someone that is 21 or older?
Kids act like kids, and will muature with age.....

AmberRavensong7,

Be a better sport and say GG, no, I'm afraid that would encourage those that use a questionable
strategy. Puppets and Jades are two items that KI has tried to correct in the game. KI knows that
they are problems and has tried to fix both. It changed the programming to fix Puppets as well as it
could. It also generated Shadown Magic to help with Jades, so even KI sees the issue.
Saying that KI allows it, does not mean that its good for the game, or that KI didn't make a
mistake. Lots of people in the world have no ethics, lets not pat them on the back for it.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
144
stormkraker on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
Hello,

I just want to say this to all the sore losers, STOP! I am also warlord, and I don't complain if I lose. Every match I say "gg" no matter what!
I have heard it all by now.
here is a short list:
"I would have won if you did not spam so many shields!"
"I would have won if your pet did not heal you!"
"treasure card noob"
"You got lucky, I fizzled!

OK, first of all, spamming shields, having your pet heal you, using treasure cards is all part of PVP!
Do you really want to win all the time?
I have news for you, everything you complain about is part of PVP. Spamming is a strategy, so accept it.
If my pet heals me, then my work on making a pet with all heals paid off!
And this is my favorite, wizards that complained about TC? Yea right after you cast your judgment, when your not even balance!! come on!
How about I say to you,
"Oh, I would have won if your pet did not have resist!
"Oh, if you did not cast infallible I would have had you!"
And as far as you fizzling, then increase you accuracy!

On that note, please accept your loss like a real warlord!

PVP Warlord
I agree. Some players might not even accept their own losses, and blame others. They have their strategy, so you should let them do it. Not everything is about winning. Players should just accept their losses. I think PvP is for fun, and cooperating with your teammates. Apparently, some others think it's the opposite, winning, and raise your PvP rating. It doesn't matter to me. Good statement, stormkraker.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
220
IcicleWar on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
FinnAgainWindrider,

You are assuming that everyone playing is at your age or above, what about the much younger player?
You expect someone that is 8, 10, or 12 to act like someone that is 21 or older?
Kids act like kids, and will muature with age.....

AmberRavensong7,

Be a better sport and say GG, no, I'm afraid that would encourage those that use a questionable
strategy. Puppets and Jades are two items that KI has tried to correct in the game. KI knows that
they are problems and has tried to fix both. It changed the programming to fix Puppets as well as it
could. It also generated Shadown Magic to help with Jades, so even KI sees the issue.
Saying that KI allows it, does not mean that its good for the game, or that KI didn't make a
mistake. Lots of people in the world have no ethics, lets not pat them on the back for it.
Jade is a valid if annoying strategy that absolutely can be overcome in the ring. I have overcome many the Jade turtle myself. If you really think about it, I am sure you can too. Insulting people that choose that strategy or the game designers themselves, well that's just rude. I do not care who says gg and who doesnt, but putting yourself on a pedestal because you cannot figure out how to overcome jade gear? thats delusional. stop making excuses and accept your losses like a warlord should. losses are a chance to learn something new. think about it, change your approach, and then you just might start making progress.

Amber Raven Song

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
IcicleWar on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
FinnAgainWindrider,

You are assuming that everyone playing is at your age or above, what about the much younger player?
You expect someone that is 8, 10, or 12 to act like someone that is 21 or older?
Kids act like kids, and will muature with age.....

AmberRavensong7,

Be a better sport and say GG, no, I'm afraid that would encourage those that use a questionable
strategy. Puppets and Jades are two items that KI has tried to correct in the game. KI knows that
they are problems and has tried to fix both. It changed the programming to fix Puppets as well as it
could. It also generated Shadown Magic to help with Jades, so even KI sees the issue.
Saying that KI allows it, does not mean that its good for the game, or that KI didn't make a
mistake. Lots of people in the world have no ethics, lets not pat them on the back for it.
Granted, there are younger players in the game, and you are right to allow them some leeway to grow up.

That said, as the father of two children, I also have taught my children even from a young age to be kind and respectful and to have good sportsmanship. They are not perfect in this regard, nor am I even as an adult always free from frustration, disappointment, and upset (as some of my posts on these message boards amply demonstrate, including the one you just quoted). Nevertheless, even my children know better than to insult someone over loosing a game.

While it is right to allow children some leeway to grow up, it is still important to help them grow up by encouraging helpful and mature behavior.

There really is no need to insult anyone, and children can learn to be kind as well as adults. If this perspective were encouraged, I think the arena would be a much better experience altogether.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
IcicleWar on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
FinnAgainWindrider,

You are assuming that everyone playing is at your age or above, what about the much younger player?
You expect someone that is 8, 10, or 12 to act like someone that is 21 or older?
Kids act like kids, and will muature with age.....

AmberRavensong7,

Be a better sport and say GG, no, I'm afraid that would encourage those that use a questionable
strategy. Puppets and Jades are two items that KI has tried to correct in the game. KI knows that
they are problems and has tried to fix both. It changed the programming to fix Puppets as well as it
could. It also generated Shadown Magic to help with Jades, so even KI sees the issue.
Saying that KI allows it, does not mean that its good for the game, or that KI didn't make a
mistake. Lots of people in the world have no ethics, lets not pat them on the back for it.
Many of the players of this game are younger players but not all of them are immature. Only the bratty ones act this way and despite age, it is never ok to be rude. One of the things you have to do in P.E. class is be a good sport. So kids do know how to act and not every kid is an immature sore loser. Most aren't. You may view it as young kids not realizing how they sound, but they do realize. Everyone makes a choice of how they speak and act.