Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
dragonfare on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
I hope this hasn't been said before - I'm too sleepy to read this entire thread - but I'd love it if the appearance of the pet would change with its age. Say a heck hound might look like a little roly-poly puppy as a baby and teen, then get bigger or change colors as it goes to adulthood and beyond.
I like the idea of a pet appearance being able to change. Maybe if we were able to dye our pets in the Dye Shop to have the options of matching our outfits would be fun.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
If there's one thing that would make pets better, it would be to not have to use energy to train them (if we have gardening and fishing to contest with too pets aren't gonna be on the top of our list) and to have a way other than the mini-games to train them with. (playing the minigames gets dull after awhile)

Survivor
Jul 07, 2013
I don't know if this has been said yet but I would like to have my pet be able to communicate with me like tell it too heal like a command but it would have to be like mega or epic for this Morgrim battle caster

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
Pets - it would be super for the option to change the shirt/coverup for your pet. For instance, when you pick a polar fox, you select the color of the sweater... you should be able to stitch that later too to match the colors your wizard character decide to wear later. You could charge a 100 crowns; just like you do for normal gear stitching.

Something for hatching... it would be nice if you could have a pedigree tab on the pet that said at least the name of each parent. It could be even better if it said what type each parent was and what their pedigree was. You don't have to tell much more but showing parents' names would not be giving anything away and would help people to remember all of this without having to keep a spreadsheet on their own.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
Maybe pets that adventure with you should get a small amount of experience themselves to apply towards their leveling up. For instance, if they have a healing talent open and they spontaneous-cast it in battle then each time they do that for a character the pet gains a few points in the skill that supports that talent.

Also, why are derby talents practically useless (outside of the pet arena)? Why not have it tie into combat/adventuring somehow? Maybe derby could benefit chance at plants or fishing?

Survivor
Dec 05, 2013
I'd love to see the pets do some small actions like, sitting down when your character isn't moving or for flying pets, they could fly around your character when you stop?

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
I want to be able to change the COLOR of my pet

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
hman2200 on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
I don't know if this has been said yet but I would like to have my pet be able to communicate with me like tell it too heal like a command but it would have to be like mega or epic for this Morgrim battle caster
yes!

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
cheyennepearlheart on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:
I like the idea of a pet appearance being able to change. Maybe if we were able to dye our pets in the Dye Shop to have the options of matching our outfits would be fun.
cool

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
dragonfare on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
I hope this hasn't been said before - I'm too sleepy to read this entire thread - but I'd love it if the appearance of the pet would change with its age. Say a heck hound might look like a little roly-poly puppy as a baby and teen, then get bigger or change colors as it goes to adulthood and beyond.
Yes yes yes!!!!
i would love to see a small orthrus grow into a bigger one :D

Survivor
Aug 18, 2014
Maybe make them have expressions depending on their mood and school.

( Ice ) could say "Brrrrrrrr" some of the time, ( Life ) could act happy, ( Storm ) could act 'energized' or sad * Like Torrence *

Can you please do this sort of update?

It would be awesome!

Sincerely, Daniel ThunderHeart

Have a nice day

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
I think that pet should grow when they age from baby to epic and when they cant age anymore they turn into a mount but they're still pets also the pets should do tricks with other pets and there should be multi pet {player} pet training games and there should be pet talent shows

Survivor
Nov 25, 2012
My pet is an frosty fish so i taught it pierce and blizzard and at baby its gives a frost bite luckly im an ice wizard so i can use power pips.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
I would really like an elixir that shows what next talent manifests.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
Sorry if anyone has said this, but it would be nice if you could pet your pet, play fetch with it, and other things that would help you bond with it. The more you bond with it, it will give you spells, level up quicker, and help you fight. Again, i'm sorry if anyone else has mentioned this.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
I think pets should be more interactive like being able to play fetch and that sort of thing and the bond gives pets new abilities from love and trust it reveals more of its magical potential I would also like it if the pets could be interacted with like petting and stuff in combat idk I just wish pets were more than things that run around and occasionally help you

Survivor
Feb 23, 2014
I want to be able to manage my pets talents

Details:

(just an idea )

Doctor Purreau calls players to tell them about his new discovery on how to affect pets talents. Then he offers to remove one talent (the player chooses it) for some crowns in a way that allows players to train their pets again for a new available talent. This will be very useful for players that need to change one talent only instead of training a new pet.

This will be similar to what Mr. Lincoln does with training points.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2012
i want all the pets to have a card but only the ones from crown shop

Survivor
Nov 29, 2012
i have a really cool idea you can do activities with it which will help you bond and the more you bond the more spells it gives you and you lvl up faster

Survivor
Oct 27, 2013
hugsforyou on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
Maybe train them tricks? like if you have a fire cat pet when you or a friend plays a fire cat it will go in the ring like it was a spell
It would be kinda cool if you pet would actually attack like when your player casts most wand
spells. Also it would be nice to have more crown shop balance pets, i dont know about most but i dont really need another helping hands, i have availing hands for that. And maybe allow you to change one a skill on your pet for a certain amount of crowns.

Sophia Hawkrider Lvl 68

Survivor
Apr 10, 2014
TayD on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
Oh well I would love for my pet to be used as minion if only for one round (or at least all pets have a card). I would also love for the pets to be more active when standing around and have actions they perform or interact with people/pets standing nearby.

On the design side, it would be nice to "dress pets" or at least be able to change their color for all pets. The magician rat wears a suit, it would be a nice feature to select other clothes items worn.

Just some thoughts.
Love it. I also totally think pets should be able to talk,(each pet would have there own unique accent,) they could be partly controlled by you like in talking to other players and pets and partly by KI. Oooh! Each pet could come with there own side quests! And you would have more if you were a member or you bought it with crowns. And they should totally help you in battle.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
I'm not sure if this has been posted but i got this idea from world of warcraft, but it would be nice if your pets could fight "wild pets." They could get nice bit of xp from winning and you could switch out pets and be able to capture some. You could flee, but your pets loose a small percentage of their health, kinda like how wizards loose mana when they flee. Each pet could be able to have it's own spells, but the same type of class (polar fox, dragon, stray piggle, ect.) would have the same type of spells.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2014
Bluestar0713 on Oct 17, 2014 wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been posted but i got this idea from world of warcraft, but it would be nice if your pets could fight "wild pets." They could get nice bit of xp from winning and you could switch out pets and be able to capture some. You could flee, but your pets loose a small percentage of their health, kinda like how wizards loose mana when they flee. Each pet could be able to have it's own spells, but the same type of class (polar fox, dragon, stray piggle, ect.) would have the same type of spells.
Deffinitly. Would the pets have mana though

Survivor
May 29, 2011
I think pets can learn tricks. There can be a place that you can train a pet to do a number of tricks dependingon its level. You can have your pet do the trick almost anywhere by a new icon called "Pet Tricks" and selecting the trick your pet has learned. I think this might improve the fun of having a pet in wizard101.

-Sunset Shimmer

Survivor
Aug 15, 2014
How about you fight your pet an if you win your pet become a spell. the higher your pet lvl the stronger the spell