Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
I do have a great idea that will involve kara into the game ... Pets should have a happiness meter added, along with a food and cleanliness meter. Wizards will get a pet bath, a bit of food, and some toys and actions upon getting one's first pet. Afterwards these items will have to be bought (soap for the bath). The bathing could be a minigame and, on the other side, playing with the toys will increase happiness and feeding will will increase hunger. There could also be a bar for fitness (not strength, though it might could affect the max); running around with the pet out (e.g. not using a mount for a little while) will increase this bar.

Pets that can use skills will have a higher tendency to use their spell if all these bars are hight, with perhaps parabolic or logistic curves (most likely logistic curves) for determining % chance increase per actication per y where y = the sum of the bars. for instance we could have a simple but functional formula of x=(y^3/mn)+50 where y is the sum of the bars and n is the number of bars and m is the base percent you want it to be. With this formul a pet with 0 in every bar connot use its spells on its own but a pet with precicely 100 in everything will use it every time it has a chance to be triggered (if m=1).

otherwise the pets without may cast spells would just dance happily or something when the bars are full, smile when their bars are high and snarl and frown when they're low.

Survivor
May 31, 2011
I think you should be able to choose your pets ability. For instance when you level up your pet it would say rare or uncommon or ultra-rare ability aqiured and you could chose which one you wanted. Because I have trained several pets maybe 7-10 with spritely abilities and I haven't got spritely.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Kyle Blake on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
I do have a great idea that will involve kara into the game ... Pets should have a happiness meter added, along with a food and cleanliness meter. Wizards will get a pet bath, a bit of food, and some toys and actions upon getting one's first pet. Afterwards these items will have to be bought (soap for the bath). The bathing could be a minigame and, on the other side, playing with the toys will increase happiness and feeding will will increase hunger. There could also be a bar for fitness (not strength, though it might could affect the max); running around with the pet out (e.g. not using a mount for a little while) will increase this bar.

Pets that can use skills will have a higher tendency to use their spell if all these bars are hight, with perhaps parabolic or logistic curves (most likely logistic curves) for determining % chance increase per actication per y where y = the sum of the bars. for instance we could have a simple but functional formula of x=(y^3/mn)+50 where y is the sum of the bars and n is the number of bars and m is the base percent you want it to be. With this formul a pet with 0 in every bar connot use its spells on its own but a pet with precicely 100 in everything will use it every time it has a chance to be triggered (if m=1).

otherwise the pets without may cast spells would just dance happily or something when the bars are full, smile when their bars are high and snarl and frown when they're low.
Most out there just looked at your post and went .......Huh?
Its a bit odd what you are asking for but every body has an opinion.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
SparckeyDog's Happy Meter is a fantastic idea for pets. It would really add to the fun and charm of the game. Several of my daughters low-end pet related games have this idea. For such a simple thing kids love it. The idea of caring for your pet is very appealing. Having mood affect its game play is stellar.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2011
It would be awesome if you could design your own collars and put them on you pet.
Just thinking about my pet with a collar on makes me grin.

Explorer
Nov 04, 2012
a dog house for a pet
and a food bowl that when ever you use the equipped pet in pet games it doubles the epxperienece points yo pet hasw

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
Ok what I am about to say may have some disagreement from others but it is my opinion, I wish that you could equip all pets BUT, if it is a pet that before you couldn't equip you can't play pet games, use its spells it gives, it won't use it's abilitys in battle or anything special that you could do with a normal pet. But you could rename it because it wouldn't be very much like your pet if you didn't name it.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2012
i would love to be able to have the pets gain xp from using something from them in battle and also i would like if a pet could learn to have a spell card so that they have one like oni's

Survivor
Aug 13, 2011

Great idea!
Some stuff I don't understand.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
I think it would be awesome if your pet could at least interact with other pets and players. The pets would be really funny if they showed emotes around other players and their pets.
Pets should have the ability not only to heal and give boosts to defense, mana, health, etc. But also do little simple attacks such as meteor, blizzard, sandstorm, tempest, hummongofrog, scarecrow ( rarely cause of strength) and all that yummy stuff :D

Defender
Feb 17, 2012

Brilliant idea! Could you please just clarify that better for me and the other people confused?
I don't quite understand your mathematical formulas.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2012
I have been thinking maybe there could be a series of minigames based on the pets. Like one for the dragons, one for the Cyclopes, one for the hounds, et cetera. The dragons could have a flying one, maybe, and the hounds would have to be taught tricks. I would like some ideas for the rest, but otherwise, that's my idea!

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
I would love it if your pet could ''know'' other players. They like them or they dislike them. They are doing different moves if they like them or dislike them. In battle they can also use spells on wizards they like <3 <<<<i would love that, and of course they love they're owner

Jonathan Frogheart - Ice wizard
Tactic is the key (and pets)

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
what would be the coolest thing ever is if we could hatch our mounts... Yea i know that sounds insane but if enough of us put in for this then who knows what they could make happen for us just think about it....

Survivor
Aug 20, 2012
i wish that all pets could have a spell like a fire cat would give the spell fire cat or a hotzilla would give a firezilla just so when i get a new pet i could be even more happy

Survivor
May 28, 2011
My ideal pet should be able to cast satyr in the future also should be able to uncover some of the spell cards for the pet to cast it as we training our pet to a mega final talent it should be some kinda spell cards like for instant, I'm a fire wizard and I training my fire pet to mega that cost so much mega snacks, time and efforts to finish the whole thing my desire of mega pet, It should be able to uncover some of the attack spell cards that I would call it a mega pet. Hopefully they're going to include this to the next world to come.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
i would like a pet to mimic the owners spell after being casted. just a thought.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
Haven't really read the posts yet but I did have a cool idea for us and our dear pets

since we now have mounts that can have up to 2 ( 3 if you got a hydra ) though what about mounts where we can see our pets? this gives us both new mounts along we can see our pets! I love my pets so I usually walk around just to see it. funny I know. I have not really thought the idea through its just a random though so hopefully someone can expand this idea

Survivor
May 04, 2009
Blaze111314 wrote:
I would love it if every one could train there pets until it is realy big and then ride your pet.
Like I pet evolution kind of thing? start as a baby and when they get to ancient ( forgot the highest rank ) they can evolve to mounts? nice! I love that! not all pets though only new ( well maybe some of the ones we have now because I would love to ride the firecat ) pets ki decides to put in the game hopefully someone can help expand this idea. haha

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Idk about any of the ideas i have read so far, but i think they should make it so we could change one talent out of five like maybe charge low crowns for common and a little for uncommon and so fourth cause really that random talents that appear is so lame i mean its not cool to work your tail off then poof a random one at mega. But i think it should have a level cap, determine what kind of slot you can change like 80 to 90 to all the way to epic and 60 to 70 to rare and so fourth. Cause that mega slot ruined so many pets idk if they really thought about all the hard work people put into a making a perfect pet that they where so happy over, then mega came out and ruined so so many of peoples pets all for more money. Make it right and give people choices to pick talents at a cost of crowns or something

Survivor
Aug 05, 2012
I realy want to hatch a pet.Because a fire cat mixed with a dragon would be cool.coocoocat317

Survivor
Dec 15, 2012
I'd like to make my pet go from baby to mega in 1 second.- Julia Breeze level8 ice Aprentince
I would like to teach my greater Imp how to dance and teach my cyclops how to smash my enimes!!!!!!!HAHAHA!!(Hopefully not anything else)- Erin Blueheart level 35 life Magus

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Blaze111314 wrote:
I would love it if every one could train there pets until it is realy big and then ride your pet.
I remeber when I was like, lvl 9. I though you could do that, I thought the Dream Filly mounts were actual unicorn pets. That would be awesome.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
It would be better if some pets are bigger depending on if its a baby or an adult.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Theres been a few mentions of having the pets help battle with more than the simple may casts they have now. I agree it would be nice if they could do more in a battle.