Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2012
Survivor
Sep 15, 2011
Everyone knows that your pet is an extension of your character and while "Lady, Sir, Prince, King..." are all really great beginnings, it doesn't really add up when you have multiple characters with multiple pets with about thirty names to choose from (some are duplicated, but spelled differently).

This is a real shame when the game has so much going for it that utilizes creativity, such as figuring out the "One in a Million" badge to be stuck with a simple name like "Sir Cookie." There should be about ten names for each letter of the alphabet.

Wizards has been very busy with updates and revamping the game in an incredible way, but this pet issue drags the game back a few notches. Why not have a "contest," so to speak, where so many names can be entered. In order to "win" the name can be chosen. This should negate any laws or other silly stuff receiving credit for the doldrum outcome.

There are many, many posts regarding this, with just as many suggestions. With all of the intelligence at the company, it seems coming up with new names would be easier than blowing a nose... BUT make people happier!

So, what is it, blow your nose or create some imagination where our imaginations leave off... in our own personal world of pets?

Also, pet bowls and personalized pet beds would be awesome! People want to have pet rooms in their houses when they have several rooms and not so many ideas to fill them.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
being able to change colors of all pets would be great and adding more pet vendors for the worlds we be nice there should a pet vendor in each world anyway.

and maybe a pet kennel or a play place for pets in stead of leaving them at castles.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2011
Wow, Solo2452, the idea to have a pet sitter/playgroup place is awesome! They could limit it so that each character can only have one pet in at a time, to prevent clogging the system, but we could show off our pets at the same time; sort of put them on display.

We would all REALLY, REALLY, REALLY love our pets having different names though. 5 or 10 for each alphabet letter would be appreciated. :D

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
@watersong~ I agree with you, that more name options would be pretty spiffy. Seeing the same ones over and over can feel a little... impersonal, I suppose would be the word I'm looking for.

I have a lot of pets (my sorceress, in particular, is a pet hoarder), but very few of them have useful talents. My favourites are:

Cookie the Starfish
Spritely, 8% Proof, Pip o' Plenty, Mana Gift

He has a pedigree of 61, and was my first pet to get any useful talents. I could do without the last two (getting Mana Gift at Epic was just disheartening), but I'm happy overall~ for a first-gen pet, that's not bad at all. ;) He was Shadowsong (my archmage Balance wizard)'s companion for a long time, but he's starting to bond with his new owner: my grandmaster diviner, Sestiva, who's currently muddling her way through Celestia.

Kitty the Polar Cat
Spirited, Spritely, 10% Proof, Pip Boost

Recently, I hatched Cookie with my friend Brynn's polar cat, and Kitty was the end result. Her pedigree is 57, and she inherited most of her talents from Cookie~ only one selfish stat made its way into the mix, but Shadowsong is grateful for the extra blade.

I love the beast pets, too... mostly selfish talents, but they're just soooo cute!

-veebz (a.k.a. Laura Shadowsong)
Archmage of Awesomeness & pet-hoarder extraordinaire. ;)

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
I think pets should be able to cast them selves as minions or henchmen at their own will of course. And you could teach them spells. And maybe sometimes when your walking around, they can find hidden items or pick up items for you.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
A pet adoption center would a good idea you can put pets you don't want in the center and other wizards can adopt them and vise versa.

Administrator
numbly1863 on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
A pet adoption center would a good idea you can put pets you don't want in the center and other wizards can adopt them and vise versa.
This is tantamount to item trade, and as we have repeatedly stated, the trade of items other than non-enchanted Treasure Cards will NOT be a part of Wizard101.

We feel that an economy of item trading is not appropriate for our game. KingsIsle Entertainment has developed Wizard101 to be an exciting and fun online experience for people of all ages. We believe that an important part of delivering online entertainment is to provide a safe environment for all players, and that’s a responsibility we take seriously. Introducing an in-game item trading economy does not fit with our values and vision for Wizard101.

Please read the Code of Conduct for these message boards which clearly states
"Player to player item trading and guilds are not and will not be a part of Wizard101. "

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I'd love to see some existing pets that you can't dye, become dye-able. Also, I think it'd be incredibly annoying and funny at the same time if the pets could talk and say a set number of random statements. Not moving, "I'm bored." Get hit hard "Ouch!" If it's an animal pet, make it bark or growl instead of speaking.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2012
How many of us have trained our pets to either Epic or Mega only to have some worthless talent reveal itself. Oh the stories and the number of times that this has happened could easily fill up Harold Argleston’s library. So I would like to propose a (potion) that would give users the option to swap one or two of a pet’s five revealed talents. This is not a system generated event, but a user selectable controlled event from the remaining unrevealed spots. The potion should be available for multiple purchases if needed.
Pet requirement: I would recommend that this be available to Epic or Mega pets only.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
It would be awesome if they could help us in battle. Please KI make this happen! Thanks.

Matthew Lifefist level 28 life wizard

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
I really love pets! But one thing I always though would be cool, as if there could be a "Pet backpack." It would be like a wizards backpack, but for pets! In this pet backpack, There could be clothes pets could wear! Also, It could have a spell deck! Your pet could be trained new spells as it levels up that you can use in combat in duels! I know this is a lot to ask for, so you can only take portions of my idea to actually use in the game.
Thanks a million!
See you in the spiral-
Hannah Rosedust

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
Ophillia on Jan 29, 2009 wrote:
I would love to be able to have my pet "stay" someplace.

Then after I am finished going to town or what ever, I could teleport back to my pet :)
You can always mark your location, too

Survivor
May 25, 2011
As someone who likes to decorate my house I think we should be able to decorate a pet house or hotel depending on how many pets you have. The Pet House/ Hotel would be a crowns item which you are able to decorate.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2010
we should be able to put our pets who have dueling spells should be in pet duels! it would be fun!

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
I think you should be able to actually give your pet a name, you type it on a little box and then it goes through a filter to make sure it's noting inappropriate. That woud add a more creative touch.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
I love naming your pet! I once named my colossus George.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
Lol a colossus named George. That actually kinda fits.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
train them higher leveled past mega so we can get more talents i am not sure if mega is the last level though

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I would love for if you have to people on the same computer and two mouses the computer turns into a split screen where the other person can train your pet while you go off and do missions.

Good luck getting to lvl 90

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
I would like to play fetch in order to train my pet! That would be a nice fun activity.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Other than More name combinations, And dye options i would like a separate pet backpack for wizards with over 30 pets. it will either take House space, or inventory space to have a more "Chart like" View for your pets since some of us have a different pet for every situation. I would even pay CROWNS for it, after all every company needs money no matter where its located.

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
Tatiana Winterhear... on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
I'd love to see some existing pets that you can't dye, become dye-able. Also, I think it'd be incredibly annoying and funny at the same time if the pets could talk and say a set number of random statements. Not moving, "I'm bored." Get hit hard "Ouch!" If it's an animal pet, make it bark or growl instead of speaking.
LOL what a cute idea, it makes me curious what my snowball pet would say! Or I could hear my icehound whimper if it wants to race or play a minigame.

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
superprinter18 on Nov 22, 2012 wrote:
I love naming your pet! I once named my colossus George.
My snowball came with the name of Lord Pepper... Oh the irony.

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
I think it would be cool if we could toggle the position of our pets. For example, if you were in a silly mood you could put your pet on your head... LOL and in other places like behind you.