Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Triton Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Im storm, and I got my triton pet a long time ago. I trained it and got a bad trait. So now what? Can i get another one? Can i do the quest over to get one?

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
stix2620 on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
Im storm, and I got my triton pet a long time ago. I trained it and got a bad trait. So now what? Can i get another one? Can i do the quest over to get one?
No, you cannot do a quest over once you finished. Just because you got a bad trait dose not mean it's a bad pet. That pet got that "bad trait" because of what mini game or what bar was filled up higher. (strength, will, power, etc.)
I've had a few pets that got 'bad traits', but I kept leveling them up and got 'awesome traits'. Keep trying on that triton. Or just find a new pet.

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 90

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
You do not get a bad trait because of how you trained your pet. The traits are set at hatching. The training only unlocks them. No matter what you feed or do, those certain traits will show up. Just hatch your Tritan to another tritan with traits you want and your baby will be better than the parent. Or you can hatch it with other school pets of the same level and you will either get another tritan, or the other school pet you are hatching with or there is a chance you will get a hybrid pet. Look here for all the options for hybrids you tritan has a chance of making.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
You do not get a bad trait because of how you trained your pet. The traits are set at hatching. The training only unlocks them. No matter what you feed or do, those certain traits will show up. Just hatch your Tritan to another tritan with traits you want and your baby will be better than the parent. Or you can hatch it with other school pets of the same level and you will either get another tritan, or the other school pet you are hatching with or there is a chance you will get a hybrid pet. Look here for all the options for hybrids you tritan has a chance of making.
Not trying to make you mad but, the way you train/feed it dose count. While when you hatch, you get new talents that can become a trait if you fill up the bar (Will, power, etc.) that the trait falls into higher than the rest.

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 90

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
You are right in where you said the traits are set upon hatching, and I have first hand experience to prove this. Whenever test realm opens up, I go there simply to buy tons of mega snacks to see what my pets would get. And when I switch back to the live realm and train my pets there, they all get the talents that they learned In test realm at the level they did