Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rarest Pet

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 27, 2009
I found this topic really interesting, began collecting pets ever since advanced pets came out, and and I always feel starved for a good pet.

Over time, the value of pets change, the krokotillian pet and the seraph pets though still rare, have lost some value because they can be dropped from card packs, making them a bit more common.

Some pets are frauds ( as in they were hatched for the wanting and not hybrids ), they are second or third generation pets. Recently I've seen a Marid ( the hybrid of a Triton and Efreet ) the gave a wildfire treant card. Having own a Wildfire treant pet is the only pet that genetically gets Blazing Oak ability which gives the card, either the Efreet, Triton, or even another Marid wust've hatched with a wildfire treant at some point or another and it was passed down to the what I believe as a third generation pet. maikng it less valued hybrid on the market. ( original abilities from hatching parents are wanted )
But in my idea, the rarest pet is the RETIRED version of the Frostzilla, NOT the Colossus/Stormzilla hybrid.
I feel really lucky to have one and fewer than 10,000 known and active Wizard101 accounts are known to have this extraordinary pet.
To see this pet, go to the Wizard101 Wiki page and look up with these words: Frostzilla (Retired) to learn a bit more about it.

Happy findings! Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 65 and rare pet collector

Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
I feel like its the Storm Cat. I don't even know if it is still an active drop. I have seem only 1 person with it, while i see a few with seraphs though.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
longboard15 on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
I feel like its the Storm Cat. I don't even know if it is still an active drop. I have seem only 1 person with it, while i see a few with seraphs though.
It's still dropable, I have one actually, it's dropped in Mirkholm Keep by the grendel Herkir in the cave in the tunnels. He's at his cave near the lake where lots of frost flowers and cat tail grow in.

Marcus Suncrafter, level 65

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Let's answer this nice and simple, the rarest pet is the one whom a single person may not obtain.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Zebulous Newt on Feb 5, 2011 wrote:
what about the rumor that you can get a scarcrow pet from the silver chests? If it is true, it should be fairly rare.
Well, silver chests have to be opened within a certain amount of time so I believe just OPENING one is less than common.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
actually I think the rarest pet is the seadragon dropped my guy in district of stars (last dungeon in celestiawilliam strongstone lvl-90

Survivor
Jun 01, 2013
Apparently there are some type of dragons that were given to certain people, though I don't know who they
are but that has to be rare.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2012
zamoi on Dec 30, 2010 wrote:
Hi, i was wondering what the rarest pet drop in the game is because i am a BIG collecter and have lots of pets thanks

Blaine DeathBreeze
I personally think minotaur, dropped by Youkai (secret boss in the Tree of Life - Mooshu). After literally DOZENS of battles, I still never got it. My friend who was farming with me got one though, and I knew him irl so that made it so much worse. I eventually got it after hatching with one around 20 times. (It didn't get many of my good stats).

Talon Hawktamer - Promethean
Sam - Transcendent

Survivor
Mar 19, 2012
El Christo on Feb 9, 2011 wrote:
I'd say Frost Hound. I doubt Sheep even exists anymore - KI stated on a different issue (Cloud O' Bugs) that they do not like to do favoritism/exclusive sort of things.

Darkreaver, Death Minotaur-giving Nightwalker, and Ice Hound are examples of pets that would have been the rarest since they are no longer obtainable, but owners of these pets generously offered them to hatch with others and spread the population. Apparently, this is not the case for the two-headed Frost Hound.
I currently have two of those three pets, the Nightwalker and the Ice Hound/Frost Hound. Well I have the single-headed Ice Hound as well as the double-headed Frost Hound(Orthrus Hybrid) so it doesn't really matter which one you mean, but I'm assuming you mean the double headed one because I've seen lots of single-headed ones. Either way, I would be willing to hatch with almost anyone who asked, depending on if I'm searching for any pet. I also have some other (rare?) *hard to find* pets like Fragmented Dragon, Magma and Glacier Dragons(Fire and Ice Skeletal Dragons), Minotaur, all of the two-headed Orthrus hybrids, etc. If anybody would like to hatch, please reply and tell me what you want to hatch with and what pets you have :>
________________________________________________________________________________________

Talon Hawktamer - Promethean

Sam/Sammy - Transcendent

Survivor
Feb 11, 2012
tweetybird18428 on Mar 3, 2011 wrote:
I say the Ghost Hound is a rare one. I've only seen one of them.
Well, your wrong, i have one, and i have seen about 5 others. But obviously this post was commented years ago, so it might have spread, plus i got the ghost hound from a pack. I dont know which one, but its not that rare any more. Plus it didnt give good stats for me soooo. Also it gives the spell for minus 50% to a heal spell.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2013
I think that the rarest pet is probably the vampire pet. for one, it only comes up in the nightmare hoard pack, and, let alone, this pack only comes in October. Plus, after many reviews over you tube channels, such as Blaze Life Hammer, has made many reviews over several pets. He posted a while back about the Vampire pet, which is an ultra-rare pet. things like ultra-rare gear and pets are very exciting when one pops up. Now, these kinds pets have many strange kinds of talents, Such as spell proof, spritely, unicorn, fairy, critical chances, and strength boosters.
As you can see, the vampire has many different ways of being rare and uncommon.

Blaze Swift

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
Defender
Feb 27, 2009
FireHeartGaming on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
the dark sprite
If you want a dark sprite pet, then farm the boss Bastilla Gravewynd, a banshee on FIrecat Alley. She's only a Rank 3 boss so if your not in your early levels she won't be hard to defeat.

Happy Farming! Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 68

Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
iheartcheesypie on Dec 31, 2010 wrote:
I think that the rarest pet drop in the game is the Ianthine Spectre, droped by the Gurtok Demon in the Plaza of Conquests, DS. I'm currently farming for it.

Dude, the other day I saw a Cloud Demon. It is basically a Storm Helephant. I raced against it (It was ancient) and that thing went so fast. Literally at the start it did not say anything about him using a special ability to go fast, so I'm sure the Cloud Demon's default stats are rediculously high. It gives you a Cloud Demon card at Baby OR Adult, I'm not sure. Does anyone know how to get it? Jacob SpellSword Level 29 3/30/14

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
wanted468 on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
I found this topic really interesting, began collecting pets ever since advanced pets came out, and and I always feel starved for a good pet.

Over time, the value of pets change, the krokotillian pet and the seraph pets though still rare, have lost some value because they can be dropped from card packs, making them a bit more common.

Some pets are frauds ( as in they were hatched for the wanting and not hybrids ), they are second or third generation pets. Recently I've seen a Marid ( the hybrid of a Triton and Efreet ) the gave a wildfire treant card. Having own a Wildfire treant pet is the only pet that genetically gets Blazing Oak ability which gives the card, either the Efreet, Triton, or even another Marid wust've hatched with a wildfire treant at some point or another and it was passed down to the what I believe as a third generation pet. maikng it less valued hybrid on the market. ( original abilities from hatching parents are wanted )
But in my idea, the rarest pet is the RETIRED version of the Frostzilla, NOT the Colossus/Stormzilla hybrid.
I feel really lucky to have one and fewer than 10,000 known and active Wizard101 accounts are known to have this extraordinary pet.
To see this pet, go to the Wizard101 Wiki page and look up with these words: Frostzilla (Retired) to learn a bit more about it.

Happy findings! Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 65 and rare pet collector
here's a link the Retired Frostzilla in the Wizard101 wiki

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Frostzilla_(Retired)

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 70

Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
I do not know but I have almost all my school pets all I need is wooly mammoth my friend is helping me luck up my school is ice I do collect pets to

Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
I know four people with scarecrow pet.I do not own one though.My school is .I am always willing to hatch

Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
I'd say vampire, you can't get it other than from hatching or from Halloween packs (which still is a rare pet to get) and other than the packs, you gotta do contests or receive vampires from giveaways. I have not seen anyone else except from me and my friend who I hatched with, with the vampire pet.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Maybe the Danger Hound? It was only given to 101 Central members as part of a Facebook promotion. Their talents are terrible, so I doubt anybody carries one around and if you try to hatch one, you get a ghost hound.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Is the pet rock rare? I have seen a few people out there with it.

Survivor
May 02, 2012
Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
  • probably the "sea dragon", i myself have never seen one in the game. I have see them on YouTube videos tho