Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pets not healing

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I was just wondering if anyone else was haveing trouble with thier pets not healing? mine is usually a great healer, he only knows unicorn but if you feed him hes on top of it. he hasnt healed in days, anyone else having this trouble?

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Saffron the Epic on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone else was haveing trouble with thier pets not healing? mine is usually a great healer, he only knows unicorn but if you feed him hes on top of it. he hasnt healed in days, anyone else having this trouble?
May casts are random, and, unfortunately, sometimes people go days without seeing one. It's all about luck, some days we have it, and some we don't.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
For the last several months I've noticed the pets are not healing as much as usual. It seems like certain spiral areas, dungeons, battles/instances ...... the pets just refuse to heal no matter what or heal more infrequently than usual.

I have a LOT of healing pets, so I put them to the test. It's as though the 'may cast' percentage has lowered or something. Pets do not heal as much as they used to, and now that spritely has been messed with, it's even worse. I'm seriously considering having pets with Fairy and Unicorn only, and put the ones with Fairy and Sprite aside for the time being until we get our heals back.

It doesn't do me any good to have pets that are suppose to help heal me, and end up not having them do anything throughout an entire dungeon, plus mob battles after that. I didn't put a lot of time, gold and crowns to have healing pets that don't heal.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
We are having the same problem with this also across all our wizards since they all have pets that may cast Spritely. Even the ones that were pretty regular on may cast just sit there while my health goes down. I guess KI decided we needed this talent less to make the game more of a challenge?

I have found in the past that some pets were more attentive with Spritely but now it seems they have all been restricted some how. We don't have any pets with more then one health talent so it's not like we get a chance to have pet use them instead.

Guess we will have to see going forward how this pans out. It may save us a lot of time training and gardening if the talent has been reduced to once in a great while.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have run into the same issues with MC heals. Especialy in dungeons and instances. They rarely if ever cast in any of those. Mob battles seem to be less than normal as well.

I have gone back to trying to run both accounts at the same time with some of my wizards just for this reason. My level 90 life is helping which ever wizard on my second account through a dungeon or instance that I really don't want to have to keep repeating solo just to get through. Even though all of my wizards have some healing spells, they don't have anything near what my life wizards have. My life is support only in this case and the wizard that needs the quest does all the damage.

Survivor
May 13, 2013
Ok.

Just to start off, I'm a programmer, and I can tell you that computer randomness will never be perfect unfortunately.

Quite simply, the concept of randomness is impossible for a computer to achieve, and they do their best but they don't work all the time. I know this because me and my uncle have gone to numerous programming competitions, that literally, duke it out to see which program is more random

So, since they won't be perfect, just keep this in mind for now. If you get a streak of lets say, 100 rounds of not healing at all, it just means that your pet will heal you a lot more when it gets out of the cycle. The way this works, is like this: lets say you have 1000 rounds. Let's say wizard101 is programmed to heal you on average 1/10 rounds (in reality, probably less than that, but whatever lol). One way you could look at this, is that every tenth round, on average, your pet will heal, supposing that wizard101 is programmed so that 100 of those 1000 rounds are forced to heal you. This basically means that (although to my knockledge the calculated rounds are infinite) if your pet doesn't heal you for 900 rounds, it will heal you 100 rounds in a row after that.

Again, I'm not sure it works that way, but if does, you're in for a lot of heals in the future

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I have noticed the same thing. My steady buddies that have always "Had my back" now just sit there and watch me die.
Has something changed KI? Do I need to resort to head patting and tummy rubbing?

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
my lady bug with life bat rarely heals me or my friends, i wonder why? -amber hawksong

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
The last update included a change that makes Spritely cast less. I have no idea who thought that was a good idea, or why. It stinks.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
thanks for all the info, i have noticed it seems to vary by location, as some lower lvl places pets are more active.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
I have had to change my best pet because my sptitely pet won't cast.
What is the point of having a sprite pet if it never heals you and if it finally does after 10000 battles when you are100 away from full health and it heals so little, what seriously is the point?

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
yeah madison i know what you mean, you go through the very nerve racking process of hatching and cross hatching not to mention all the training involed, I will not train another pet.As a matter of fact I may stop playing altogether for a while trying to get drops from bosses, no new realms, and pets that are not so usefull, I could see them being banned from pvp but, really

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
my ladybug used to not heal me that much but now its starting to heal me. good luck btw. -amber hawksong

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Ok, so I have posted before on other threads like this one, but this is the current thread on this theme.

Once again, my wizard was defeated, without my pet casting spritely even once. Since the change this summer, this has happened too often.

I don't know who at KI thought the decrease in pets casting healing spells was a good idea. I cannot imagine why they thought that it was. It is not.

This is so frustrating! I raised my pet to mega, and he was a good, helpful pet! Now, he just sits there and watches me get whooped!

Please KI, change the pet casting abilities back to what they were before! I want my faithful, helpful pet back!