Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet race not working - race never starts?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I haven't been able to join a Ranked Pet Race for several days now. In fact, I can't remember the last time it worked.

After you sign up, you get the icon. Then after a bit it pop's up with the join race timer. But then after you select "go to arena" to join the race, it just sits there saying "waiting for opponent to confirm." Then after another few minutes, it goes back to the "waiting for opponents" screen.

I tried racing a Teen in hopes that more would be available, but same result. I can understand if not enough folks are racing, but I don't understand all these "false alarms" where it appears you have an opponent and then no one joins.

Pet racing was pretty fun. Not sure what happened here.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Ditto - I am having the same problem. Haven't been in a race in days. It just sits there and "hangs". Maybe this should be posted in the problem area for KI.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
I have been having the same problem. I reported it as a bug to KI some time ago. Often time I wait 4 hours or more with no derby races at all. Since I became Pet Commander, I can only race with teen pets. I have fount that Ancient and Epic pets will never get to race. I have spent a total greater than 15 hours waiting to race with my best racing pet (an epic sneaky piggle) and I cannot get a single race. :(

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
I would just like to add my thanks for starting this topic since that is what I wanted to say. Racing in ranked races was fun, but now the race never starts. I have some theories: 1) it is a bug that needs to be fixed. 2) people get bored waiting for the race to start and decline when they get the "Enter Arena" message because they are busy elsewhere; if we are waiting for people to agree that have left the game - that's a bug. 3) there is something wrong with the algorithm to match pets in a race and it's too fussy so that the race never gets formed.

I propose that they fix this so races can run with only two racers. Then perhaps we can at least get to race.

And it does seem a waste to advance your pet in experience to the next level if you are going to have even less chances to race. What good are extra powers if you can never use them?