Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Pet Statictics affects your pet Talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2013
A few people asked me many time about this subject so I decided to make a brief post about it and hopefully a few people will understand more.

Basics:
Pets stats = Strength, Intellect, Agility, Will, Power
Pet Talents = The pets ability to benefit a wizard by adding a talent such as a Maycast Spell, a Spell card or an increase to the wizards stats. Some pet talents also increases the Pets stats. Each pet comes with up to 10 predetermined Talents and when trained it will randomly learn 1 talent for each time it lvls up giving you a total of 5 random talents selected from 10 predetermined Talents.
To Clarify. A pet can not learn Maycast Fairy friend unless the talent already exist amonst the 10 Predetermined Talents. However, not because a pet has Maycast Fairy friend in its predetermined talents, it means he will learn it.
Also remember that each time you hatch a pet with another, it shuffles your pet talents and stats with the other pet and the out come is completely random selection from already existed between the 2 pets.

Advanced:
Pet Stats do matter and are very important no matter what kind of pet you have or talents that it learns.

Lets say you have a pet that learned Spell proof or Pain giver, The percentage of how high or low is affected by pet talents such as strength and power while spell proof would have and added effect by agility.
To clarify, if you had a pet with 250 all around stats, then the percentage of pain giver and spell proof would be higher than if you had a pet with 100 all around stats.

Now lets cover Maycast spells. People will argue about this one but facts is facts. Maycasts spells each have their own triggers that causes the spell to be casted. Now the important fact to remember is that each maycast talent has a specific rate or percantage that it will cast. think of it as accuracy and the closer to 100% you get, the most likely it will cast when these triggers are set in play. Hence, having a pet that has maycast fairy friend will heal more frequently with higher stats than a pet with lower stats. The stats that mainly affect Fairy friend are Strength, Will and Power. So if you have a pet that has 250 Stats in these 3 areas and learned the skill Fairy friend, it will have a higher rate of healing when a trigger is casted.

Frequently asked questions and answers:

If I belive that my pet has fairy friend amongst my predetermined talents, how can I train it to guarantee it will learn it. Answer: You can not. This is completely random and it does not matter what snack you give to your pet. it will select one of the remaining talents at random.

I have fairy friend on my pet and I want to hatch but guarantee that I get back fairy friend. Ans: There are no guarantees however you stand a higher rate of success if you hatch with someone that has fairy friend in either its displayed talents or in its predetermined talents.

I am out of chars so I will try and answer any questions you may have in the comments section.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Sorry, but may-cast rates are not affected by stats at all. This has been tested by many players. May-cast talents are just "there" or not. Any pet may be very active sometimes, not at others, but it is all chance.

You are right about the rest. Talents like resist, damage, and accuracy get stronger when the pet has higher stats.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Nice attempt at giving info on pets but the May Cast info is completely false. Stats have no effect at all on casting frequency.

"The stats that mainly affect Fairy friend are Strength, Will and Power. So if you have a pet that has 250 Stats in these 3 areas and learned the skill Fairy friend, it will have a higher rate of healing when a trigger is casted."

There is not a single true bit in that statement. My teens with Fairy cast the same frequency as my Mega pets with maxed stats. I know your post was well meaning, but continuing to foster false information doesn't help anyone.