Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shiverous Knight?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2020
Hello. I have zero understanding of how pets work. I've tried Googling it and watching videos. Still confused.

I want a Shiverous Knight pet. I only have an adult Blue Cyclops. I see on the Kiosk that I can select a Shiverous Knight pet. I think this would breed it with my Blue Cyclops. Would that result in me getting a Shiverous Knight? It's extremely expensive for me. I've been saving up and worry that I'll pay the 100k for it and just result in another Blue Cyclops. Am I going about this correctly?

I have no idea how the talents are anything works. But, I figured it would be best to just get a Shiverous Knight for now and worry about that later. Maybe?

Survivor
Dec 30, 2013
Hi sykcake

Pet Hatching in the kiosk can be really expensive, I feel you

In your situation, I would recommend trying to hatch with a player that you see have a pet that you want. It is cheaper (normally around 45k) as compared to hatching on the Pet Kiosk (100k). Best way to go about this is to head to the Commons in a busy realm & just ask whether anyone has a Shiverous Knight pet for you to hatch with. Once found, you can perhaps add them as a friend (so you don't lose that player) & head to the Pet Pavilion & into the The Hatchery (the building in the middle). Both you & the person you are trying to hatch with can then enter the same sigil to proceed with hatching.

One suggestion is to take some time to get to know the different pet talents out there & to hatch with one with talents that you are satisfied with. This would help save time & cost for you as overtime, you might want to get better pet talents as compared to those that may be useless to you (perhaps some other school attack talent like Myth Dealer or Death Dealer).

I would recommend a 3-2 (3 attack, 2 defense) pet talent as that is the most common but effective pet talent combination. Some pet talents to consider for an Ice Pet can include (Pain Bringer, Pain Giver, Ice Giver, Ice Dealer & Ice Boon for Attack Stat, Ice Assailant, Critical Hitter & Ice Striker for Critical Rating and Spell Proof & Spell Defying for Defense Stat).

Another set of Pet Talent that I would recommend that might suit your preferred playstyle & make your pet more fun to play with would be Maycast Talents (Pet casting spells randomly when triggered). Some good Maycast Talents may include healing like Fairy Friend & Pigsie, attacking talents like Sleet Storm (for ice), Ice Blade & Balance Blade (maycast blade) and spells that may help in battle like Fortress & Shatter. However, a downside would be how it might affect your gameplay as you level up & even hinder you against boss fights with cheats that counter such Maycast spells. However, it definitely is fun when your pet casts a spell randomly.

I would definitely recommend you to take time to consider what pet talents the pet you are hatching with has & see whether you would like your pet to have them to save time, pet snacks & gold needed for each extra pet hatch when you are unhappy with your pet talents.

Hope this helps!

Ian DreamCaster
Level 71