Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Ability Rage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
I have been playing Wizard101 for almost 4 years now, after a 1 year break much has changed. I have finally realized that I need a powerful life pet. But it is so discouraging to even look up stuff about pets. Which ones have this ability, what are the chances of it getting that ability, etc... I have decided I want a hybrid of my Life Scarab and my Death Knight (I may have just butchered its name.). With both of their spells. Done. And then I want a Sea Turtle, Forest Lord Hybrid. And finally I want to combine the Life Scarab/Death Knight Hybrid and the Forest Lord/Sea Turtle Hybrid, to get a pet with the Life Scarab Appearance, Life Scarab Spell, Death Knight Spell, Spritely, Life Blade, and Life Trap. Making it everything I could want with appearance, and everything I want with my build. But there are MANY problems with this.

1.) The chances of this are extremely slim.
2.) It is a pain to get you pet to even Ancient, much less Mega which is needed to get everything I want.
3.) Even if I get it to Mega I most likely won't have everything I want.
4.) I only have a 50% chance of it having a Life Scarab appearance.

It would make everything much easier and cause a lot less rage if KingsIsle added some surefire way of getting the appearance of a pet how you want it, and making sure your pet gets the abilities you want it to have. Even if it were to cost crowns, I'm sure many people would love a feature like this.

Please consider doing this KingsIsle! It would just make it easier for people to get what they want, and not rage on a 0.1% chance not working out for them after spending 8+ hours getting their pet to Mega.

~Luke Battlesword~

Survivor
May 20, 2010
You can't create hybrids with just any pet. You have to have a certain combination, and it's not like a new species is created from a hybrid, it's usually a recolored version of the pet. Life Scarabs and Deer Knights most definitely do not create a hybrid. Another thing is that you don't get spell cards from both parent pets ( item cards). The only thing transferred from parent pets to other pets is the abilities and the pet type.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
Skullrunner4587 on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
You can't create hybrids with just any pet. You have to have a certain combination, and it's not like a new species is created from a hybrid, it's usually a recolored version of the pet. Life Scarabs and Deer Knights most definitely do not create a hybrid. Another thing is that you don't get spell cards from both parent pets ( item cards). The only thing transferred from parent pets to other pets is the abilities and the pet type.
By "hybrid" I meant the baby, sorry for the misuse of the word.