Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Peppers suggestion and pet questions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 04, 2017
I don't know where Dr. P is, for the recipes to use my peppers for. I have lost 1 pepper, already. I would much rather gain 100 training points, per pepper, for my pets. Love hatching, hate training.

2nd part. All pets have 2 numbers. What does having a high rank number, (first number) do, while fighting, if anything?

3rd part. I have almost maxed my character. I would like to start a new character. Can I transfer a pet to my new character, or anything else, like sharing the house?

Thanks, in advance ~ Cher

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Okay, firstly;

Dr. P is actually Doctor Purreau. He is located within the hatchery at the very front of it on a stage.

He's the one that offers the recipe (most requiring the newly introduced hatching peppers) to craft a variety of equipment geared to assist in Pet Training including:
  • Energy Elixir
  • Hatching Elixir
  • Free Next Hatch Elixir

Secondly, indeed, all pets do contain two numbers. The overall term given to this is called a pet's pedigree. It is basically a judgment of how rarity of talents a particular pet has within it's talent pool (both on the wizard and derby areas).

To assist you in figuring out how this works, each slot is allocated a number value based on the rarity. Adding all the figures together should produce a final value which is depicted within the pet's overall pedigree.
  • Epic - 5 Points
  • Ultra-Rare - 4 Points
  • Rare - 3 Points
  • Uncommon - 2 Points
  • Common - 1 Point.

So, again, all the first number represents is the total value of all the traits a pet has. That's it. The higher the pedigree does not equal the better the pet.

Higher pedigrees only affect hatching cost; increasing it the higher the pedigree is.

What is important is the actual base stats and talents the pet eventually develops.

All pets can be transferred via the shared bank. Just be cautioned about the depletion of energy the receiving wizard will have to suffice when you eventually take the pet from the shared bank.

Also, a note about your hatching peppers, you can only loose peppers by using them in recipes I hinted to earlier.

You gain a pepper per hatch of any of your pets you've currently on the kiosk.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Dr P is inside the hatchery. He does sell recipes to turn peppers into mega snacks, and thus training points. But, these will not help you level up your pets faster if you currently plant couch potatoes because they are only about 25 training points v 40-50 from couch potatoes. At the moment its 25 training points per 10 peppers - much less than your suggestion of 100 training points per pepper. And much less than the ~600 training points per week you get from planting 14 couch potatoes.

The first number is the sum of all 20 talents in the pools (including pet racing). epic=5, ultra rare=4, rare=3, etc. So max is 100 if all talents epic. The only thing it directly affects is hatching cost. Unless you want the epic talents, it is better to not have them in pool so hatching is cheaper. i.e. lower number is actually better. For many pets you actually want non epic talents like spell defy (3), pain giver (4), or school giver (2) and dealer (4). In a max stat triple double only spell proof is epic (5).

Most pets can be transferred. But some can't. e.g. School armaments purchased with PVP tickets. But now these can easily be hatched using the kiosk, I think they should make all pets transferable.