Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Old pets that are in game no more.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have on my wizards a LOT of fire Elf pets, they are just roaming around the home. Can these pets be leveled and hatch with each other? I am asking because i understand they are no longer in the game. I also have other pets that are no longer in game and roaming around the house, Most of them i got like the fire elf through Packs bought through the crown shop. I have 2 accounts and often hatch between them, but wanted to know if i hatch a fire elf with a fire elf if i will get a fire elf in return and what will be the downside.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2x4 two step on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
I have on my wizards a LOT of fire Elf pets, they are just roaming around the home. Can these pets be leveled and hatch with each other? I am asking because i understand they are no longer in the game. I also have other pets that are no longer in game and roaming around the house, Most of them i got like the fire elf through Packs bought through the crown shop. I have 2 accounts and often hatch between them, but wanted to know if i hatch a fire elf with a fire elf if i will get a fire elf in return and what will be the downside.
I believe you are fine with the elf. There are very few pets out there you can not get back in a hatch.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets

Mary

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
My guess is if you hatch a Fire Elf with a Fire Elf that you are correct, you will get a Fire Elf. The downside is that you'll just have another Fire Elf. If the others are of no use, it's possible the new one may not be neither. But you just never know until you train them.

Explorer
Jul 03, 2010
You might get better stats, but it depends. Actually, you should try to hatch with others, some old pets are in big demand!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
2x4 two step on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
There is no fire elf pet listed on Wizard Central, but all the elves have horrible stats so hatching with each other may not pay off at all.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Fire_Pets

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
An Adult fire elf pet can hatch with any other adult pet.

Basic things to know about pets:

• All pets have 20 talents (10 Normal talents + 10 Derby)
  • All pets have a pedigree and a manifested pedigree
  • Pets may or may not have cards
  • It costs gold to hatch pets
  • Hatching a pet will give 5 talents from each parent
Pet age: Pets start out as a baby, then become teen, adult, ancient, epic, and finally mega. In order for them to increase their age or level requires 2 things: training and feeding them.

Pet pedigree (the total number of talent and derby bubbles added together):
All talents are categorized into one of 5 groupings: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Ultra-Rare and Epic.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?77673-Illustrated-Pet-Pedigree-Education

What is the highest pedigree a pet can have?

Currently the highest pedigree that can be achieved is 97. The 20 slots are made up of, 10 Epic Talent and 7 Derby Talents that are epic, and 3 Ultra Rare Derby characteristics. At the moment, there are only 7 epic derby talents.

10* 5 = 50 (Epic Talents)
7* 5 = 35 (Epic Derby Abilities)
3*4 = 12 (Ultra-Rare Derby abilities)
= 97