Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how do pet talents work with regard to breeding?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2012
i have 2 adults. one has healing current and pixe, the other has unicorn and healing current. Can i just breed them together and if i get lucky i can get one with all three talents? or....

I know each pet has a certain number of "points" or something that shows up at the bottom for how many of what rank of talent they might learn. might that somehow affect the learning abilities? im wondering if combining those two pets may or may not even have the right amount of points to learn all three healing spells? could i get clarification on this?

if this is the case could someone tell me the needed "points" that i'd have to breed into a pet before i could even get those three may cast heals.

Also does anyone know the numbers for the chances of each spell working? i seem to think that pixie is slightly more often than healing current and no clue about unicorn.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
You can mix the two, and might get lucky and get all three. It may take a few tries, and isn't guarantied. Each parent will contribute some of its talent pool, and those may be hidden or expressed talents, so what you see isn't always what you get, though it's more likely.

Stats and pedigree don't affect what talents you get.

Fairy and Sprite are the most prolific may-cast heals, though they have been reduced a bit from original rates. Healing current seems slightly less frequent but still useful. Unicorn is different than the others, in that it triggers only when you get hit, so you get it more often if you are solo, or in the Sun position, or drawing enemy agro by hitting or taunting.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Yes, if you hatch the two pets together then you have a chance of getting all three healing talents onto one pet. You may have to try many times, but eventually one baby will produce those three talents together.

I don't really understand your question about the "points," so I can't answer that.

Alia Misthaven