Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Diff between Ominous Scarecrow (Death 58 pet) and Scarecrow spell?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
So I just got my level 58 Death Pet, the Scarecrow, which comes with Ominous Scarecrow but upon comparing it to the Scarecrow spell that I have had for ages the only apparent difference is that the Ominous Scarecrow cost one extra pip. They do 590 damage both, hit all targets both, and heal for half damage they say according to wizard101central. Both cards look, by their own description on each card, to be the Exact same except the pet spell cost one extra pip... why???

Is there a difference that I am not seeing? I would greatly appreciate some insight.

I know that it can be used to create hybrid pets but other than that a spell that cost one extra pip beyond the normal spell is ridiculous.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Scarecrow got a major buff recently. I BELIEVE the old version did 480 damage, and when you enchanted it with sun spells, it used to do 66% damage and 33% boost. Now, it does 590 base damage and you get 100% of sun school enchantments on damage. So, before, if you enchanted Scarecrow with colossal, it would yield you 480 + 181 = 661 damage and 330 healing. Now, the same combination is 590 + 275 = 865 damage and 432 healing (before any gear or blade buffs).

Anybody can correct my math, but that's what happened.