Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

World Order

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2014
Not really a new wizard but coming back to play the game again. I am having lots of trouble leveling and was wondering what order folks are doing all the worlds in

Survivor
Sep 07, 2017
Welcome back! I too came back after a 5 yr hiatus. I find that when questing in a world, I run around and gather all of the side quests offered, then hit the main quest line. The boss fights often contain minions that apply towards those sides so it's a time saver and xp booster. Also, take note of the special events happening; I have received several XP elixirs as prizes for completing stuff we all normally do anyway. Happy Travels!

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
For my world order - this is how I've been doing it on my most recent characters:

- Wizard City (Unicorn Way, then it depends on the school as to which one of the three smaller alleyways you do first - if you're Storm, you might want to do Titan last, as an example, same with Myth and Fire for their respective alleyways - Cyclops and Firecat)
- Krokotopia
- Marleybone
- Wysteria
- Moo Shu
- Grizzleheim until you get the quest to defeat Jotun
- Dragonspyre
(at this point or near Dragonspyre, middle of Dragonspyre, you might be past level 50 if you've done side quests - if you are, you may want to finish Grizzleheim until you get to the first part of Wintertusk, or as far as you can get because you'll get better dropped gear - this wasn't a problem with my Death, but it might be on other schools)
- Celestia / Wintertusk - (finish Wintertusk, alternate between Celestia quests if it gets too hard - you don't have to do the final battle until you're higher level and you can solo it if you don't want to, there's no spell or quest requirement at higher levels that require you to do it)
- Zafaria
- Avalon
- Azteca
- Khrysalis, Parts 1 and 2 respectively
- Polaris
- Arcanum will be in the middle-ish/end-ish of Polaris
- Mirage (now's a good time to finish the last battle of Wintertusk solo if you haven't already finished it - you should be high enough level to solo it PvE)
- Empyrea, Parts 1 and 2 respectively
- Karamelle
- Lemuria
- Novus

If you're having trouble leveling, definitely do the side quests. As I said, you'll definitely get extra experience. Do the side worlds as well like Wysteria and Grizzleheim. And do the things like the Spiral Showcase and the Summer Scroll of Fortune - you don't have to buy the Scroll of Fortune, for doing other special events, you get free stuff.

Hope this helps!

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
Halimeda on Jun 3, 2023 wrote:
For my world order - this is how I've been doing it on my most recent characters:

- Wizard City (Unicorn Way, then it depends on the school as to which one of the three smaller alleyways you do first - if you're Storm, you might want to do Titan last, as an example, same with Myth and Fire for their respective alleyways - Cyclops and Firecat)
- Krokotopia
- Marleybone
- Wysteria
- Moo Shu
- Grizzleheim until you get the quest to defeat Jotun
- Dragonspyre
(at this point or near Dragonspyre, middle of Dragonspyre, you might be past level 50 if you've done side quests - if you are, you may want to finish Grizzleheim until you get to the first part of Wintertusk, or as far as you can get because you'll get better dropped gear - this wasn't a problem with my Death, but it might be on other schools)
- Celestia / Wintertusk - (finish Wintertusk, alternate between Celestia quests if it gets too hard - you don't have to do the final battle until you're higher level and you can solo it if you don't want to, there's no spell or quest requirement at higher levels that require you to do it)
- Zafaria
- Avalon
- Azteca
- Khrysalis, Parts 1 and 2 respectively
- Polaris
- Arcanum will be in the middle-ish/end-ish of Polaris
- Mirage (now's a good time to finish the last battle of Wintertusk solo if you haven't already finished it - you should be high enough level to solo it PvE)
- Empyrea, Parts 1 and 2 respectively
- Karamelle
- Lemuria
- Novus

If you're having trouble leveling, definitely do the side quests. As I said, you'll definitely get extra experience. Do the side worlds as well like Wysteria and Grizzleheim. And do the things like the Spiral Showcase and the Summer Scroll of Fortune - you don't have to buy the Scroll of Fortune, for doing other special events, you get free stuff.

Hope this helps!
As a new player, I thank you very much for the tips! Is there an optional order as to completing the Worlds? Also, whoops, I'm a Storm Wizard and I did Triton Alley first. It just looked so appealing! I see now what you mean, though, by doing it last because of difficulty. Battling one's own School can be tough.

~F.I.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 5, 2023 wrote:
As a new player, I thank you very much for the tips! Is there an optional order as to completing the Worlds? Also, whoops, I'm a Storm Wizard and I did Triton Alley first. It just looked so appealing! I see now what you mean, though, by doing it last because of difficulty. Battling one's own School can be tough.

~F.I.
Some people will choose to do all of the main quest stories first, and won't do the side-quests, but given you said you're a Storm, I would do every quest you can get your hands on. Doing so will effectively over-level you, and it will make certain dungeons and areas much easier. This is especially true when you get to Wintertusk - WIntertusk gives a ton of experience, but it is hard (intentionally so).

And doing Triton first is okay for a Storm, but given it's your school, I usually prefer to do the others first, but that's just my personal preference.

And you are very welcome.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
Halimeda on Jun 6, 2023 wrote:
Some people will choose to do all of the main quest stories first, and won't do the side-quests, but given you said you're a Storm, I would do every quest you can get your hands on. Doing so will effectively over-level you, and it will make certain dungeons and areas much easier. This is especially true when you get to Wintertusk - WIntertusk gives a ton of experience, but it is hard (intentionally so).

And doing Triton first is okay for a Storm, but given it's your school, I usually prefer to do the others first, but that's just my personal preference.

And you are very welcome.
Thank you so much for your excellent tips, Halimeda! I shall most assuredly bear them in mind.