Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do you wish you knew when you were new?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2019
A lot of times, especially in games like these, there are tips and tricks that you don't notice for whatever reason and when discovered they're great. Is there a feature that I might be ignoring? A trick or button? The best way to quest? Stuff like that.

Thanks!
Marigold

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Marigold Blue on May 5, 2019 wrote:
A lot of times, especially in games like these, there are tips and tricks that you don't notice for whatever reason and when discovered they're great. Is there a feature that I might be ignoring? A trick or button? The best way to quest? Stuff like that.

Thanks!
Marigold
Backpack Item Lock and also Equipment Sets.

We can pre-make equipment sets for different occasions by equipping everything we want in the set then going to our backpack (where it shows the lists of equipment shortcut 'B'). At the bottom near the backpack item count there is a robe, hat and boots symbol 'Equipment Sets'. Clicking it will let us add the set we're wearing, giving it a name we choose. We can also change which set we are wearing simply by clicking it!

It's very handy for putting on pyjamas (energy gear) before logging out or changing between healing and damage or PvE to PvP sets etc.

The Backpack Item Lock is awesome, especially for those of us who use Quick Sell. It is OFF by default...IDK why and wish default was ON...but, to turn it on we just have to go to 'Options' in our backpack (shortcut 'Esc'). Then go to the tab 'Gameplay Options 2' and go down to 'Backpack Item Lock' and click it to 'yes'.

This allows us to lock precious items so we can not accidentally sell them. If we open quick sell they will not even show up. It's great for everything from useful gear to pretty housing items. These 2 features are both favourites of mine

Historian
Feb 12, 2015
I wish I knew about the "Hot" feature when I started. Every day, a random item is discounted for 10% off. I only learned about this recently!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Lookit Light on May 7, 2019 wrote:
I wish I knew about the "Hot" feature when I started. Every day, a random item is discounted for 10% off. I only learned about this recently!
I'm only just hearing this now lol! How do we see what is 'hot'?

Something I've found a little frustrating with the crown shop is not knowing how to click 'on sale' fast enough before it vanishes...I've never managed to find it any way but opening the crown shop again and trying to click really, really fast!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
I'm just hearing about this 'hot' feature
Also, 'on sale'? These tips would have definitely been useful when I was new.

Historian
Feb 12, 2015
Something that is "Hot", will usually be one of the first thing when you open the Crowns shop, alongside anything new, like the new Fangle mount.

At least, that's how it works over in Pirate anyway. But I'm pretty sure it's here as well!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Start crafting as soon as it becomes available!!!

I only started crafting recently, and oh boy what a world I missed out on. I'm an Adept Crafter at Transcendent, but I look around at Grandmasters who are already Legendary Artisans and such.

Moral of the story: don't sell all of your harvest items just because you think it'll make a pretty coin at the Bazaar.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I wish there was an option to stop getting gear drops. When I am helping lower wizards, it tends to fill up my backpack rather quickly. Since the drops are useless.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
When I started playing I wish I knew I can't change my name. I would have choosen more carefully. Few of my wizards are stuck with a name that doesn't fit their shcool.

I wish I knew I can't delete a side quest once I accept it. At first some side quests looked fun to do until I tried them. Now those unwanted quests are sitting in my book collecting dust and I'm no longer picking up new ones not knowing how fun they might be.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Make regular stops at the Bazaar to sell things you don't want. That way, as your backpack fills up with items you have won, you won't have to sell them from your backpack between battles, to make room.

You won't need gold for a while, so don't sell anything that you like. You might want it later. That cute outfit with no stats can be "stitched" to something with good stats. Just talk to that seamstress NPC in the Commons.

Don't be too quick to stitch, because you will level up quickly at first. It costs crowns to unstitch it too.

The name of your pet does not really matter, because you can say good boy or good girl for the same training effect. So unless you have gold to spare, don't pay to rename it.

If being joined in battle by a random, uninvited stranger, it is OK to flee. You feel how you feel about it. Everyone can type or choose "OK if I join you?" before running in.

Don't yell at the person who ran in, because it might have been an accident.

If you are stressed out by battles, you can always go fishing or gardening for a while.

Don't be too quick to make friends; not everyone is trustworthy. It is OK to take your time and get used to the world first.

If anyone bullies or harasses you, report them.

Those zero energy fishing weekends really are great.

This is enough for now...Maybe I will think of more later.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
NEW WORLDS11111 on Aug 4, 2019 wrote:
I wish there was an option to stop getting gear drops. When I am helping lower wizards, it tends to fill up my backpack rather quickly. Since the drops are useless.
I would like this in packs also.

I bought some Sinbad packs, and I now have enough clay to build a palace.

Survivor
May 06, 2013
Rushing through worlds are no fun. Listening to the storyline makes the game more interesting.
Not everyone can be trusted. Too many people like to scam or take advantage of you.
Treasure cards outside your school does not work with power pips.