Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome Wizards! Please introduce yourself here

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
Dolan Wintershade on Aug 5, 2020 wrote:
Hey! My in-game name is Dolan Wintershade; I am an ice main with a death secondary school. From what I've read, this is a decent combo. I am at lvl 39 and am wondering how my deck should be set up, should i change my secondary school, what should I do later on, etc. Any suggestions?
Hi!

I play Ice and Life, but Ice and Death has the benefit of Feint, which will help your damage quite a bit (Ice has the lowest in the game, we're a tank school)

Personally I would train up to feint, make sure you get elemental blade/traps - though I am unsure if you will have enough points to train to get Satyr.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
Dolan Wintershade on Aug 5, 2020 wrote:
Hey! My in-game name is Dolan Wintershade; I am an ice main with a death secondary school. From what I've read, this is a decent combo. I am at lvl 39 and am wondering how my deck should be set up, should i change my secondary school, what should I do later on, etc. Any suggestions?
Personally, I don't "train" a second school. I just cherry pick spells. For lower levels, the second school is useless unless you have a mastery amulet so that your power pips count. Under level 50 I would recommend training shields from other schools as they are zero pips and can be helpful when you have less protection.

After level 50, once you hit Celestia, I personally bought back my points. I trained the sun school spells with the fist on them. Can't remember all the names. I also trained spirit/elemental blade depending on my school. And reshuffle. Get an amulet or pet that gives your school blade also. If you can train feint, that's helpful, otherwise, maybe hex or curse.

For your deck, have 2 blades, 2 fists(whatever the highest you've trained), 2 of your best damage spell, and 1 aoe or dot spell. Then have reshuffle, spirit/elemental blade and 2 prisms. With these spells you should be able to kill mobs. You can adjust slightly for boss fights. Treasure cards should be blades.

As you level up, update your card, always add the higher level of your astral school spells. In azteca train sharpened blade.

Save training points so that you can get the needed spells after level 50. You'll get more astral spells, some shadow spells, etc. For best results in battles, limit your deck. I've carried 20 spells only from level 54 in celestia, all the way through level 125 in empyrea.

I hope this is helpful to you.

- Cass Ashthorn - Level 125 Death

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Hello there, wizards of the Spiral! Here's everything you need to know about my wizard.

I'm Andrea RedDust in-game, and I'm a fire wizard. Please, call me Andrea. Typing out my full wizard name is annoying, honestly. I have been playing Wizard101 since 2009. Currently, I have finished all the worlds up to the end of Marleybone. I'm hoping to be in at least Avalon by the conclusion of 2020, and I'm on track to do just that! I don't know what else to say, I'm bad at introductions. Anyways, that's pretty much it.

Remember to stay true to yourself.

-Andrea

Survivor
Feb 08, 2013
Survivor
Sep 09, 2020
Howdy people! I'm Delaney. I'm pretty old to be a new player of this game but I saw a TikTok about it and I've played WoW and Runescape before, so I thought I'd check this out too. Yeehaw.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2020
Hello, everyone! I'm fairydoir, but you're welcome to call me Brit!

I've just recently joined the forums to gain assistance from veteran players and sort of (hopefully) ease myself into the community! I've been using you all somewhat frequently lately for questions that I have had about the game; the amount of clarity and thought that's put into all of your answers is quite admirable, and I certainly appreciate it as a fairly new player. Thank you for inspiring me to try and help others, just like this lovely group of people has helped me!

I began my Wizard101 journey many years ago (Honestly, I cannot tell you when I discovered the game -- I just had vague memories of it later in life and sought it out again) and was truly mesmerized by how magical it was. I loved being able to pick my school and pursue the various quests that the non-membership version offered. I recall never quite being bored of the intricate detail and the amount of things to do. (note that I never purchased a membership until I began the account that I currently use!)

I found the game for a second time in 2019, though my download of it was strictly for nostalgia. I was shocked that it was still up and running; as of today, most of my favorite childhood games have been taken down. I quickly learned that I could only get so far without buying a membership -- which, frankly, did not surprise me, despite how vast the game seemed at a young age -- but I still was completely hooked. I worked the game until I was around level sixteen/seventeen, and then realized that I would not be able to progress much further. I momentarily let go of Wizard101 until 2020, in which I played briefly (possibly for only a few days) and then now, in which I have purchased a membership and invested quite a bit of my free time into leveling up and exploring the new worlds.

At the moment, I have a necromancer wizard that is at level 47. I have completed Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone and Mooshu in full, (including the side quests) begun Dragonspyre, chickened out of Dragonspyre, and then proceeded to begin working on Wysteria. I have encountered multiple helpful players and I've made so many friends that have helped me out through tough battles and with just questing in general. I am eternally grateful for their help and kindness -- thank you to everyone who's ever given me a hand!

I'm absolutely thrilled to begin my journey within the forums and to continue my trek through the Spiral!

Best wishes,
Brit

Sarai DawnGlade, 47
& Vanessa StormHaven, 1

Administrator
fairydoir on Oct 12, 2020 wrote:
Hello, everyone! I'm fairydoir, but you're welcome to call me Brit!

I've just recently joined the forums to gain assistance from veteran players and sort of (hopefully) ease myself into the community! I've been using you all somewhat frequently lately for questions that I have had about the game; the amount of clarity and thought that's put into all of your answers is quite admirable, and I certainly appreciate it as a fairly new player. Thank you for inspiring me to try and help others, just like this lovely group of people has helped me!

I began my Wizard101 journey many years ago (Honestly, I cannot tell you when I discovered the game -- I just had vague memories of it later in life and sought it out again) and was truly mesmerized by how magical it was. I loved being able to pick my school and pursue the various quests that the non-membership version offered. I recall never quite being bored of the intricate detail and the amount of things to do. (note that I never purchased a membership until I began the account that I currently use!)

I found the game for a second time in 2019, though my download of it was strictly for nostalgia. I was shocked that it was still up and running; as of today, most of my favorite childhood games have been taken down. I quickly learned that I could only get so far without buying a membership -- which, frankly, did not surprise me, despite how vast the game seemed at a young age -- but I still was completely hooked. I worked the game until I was around level sixteen/seventeen, and then realized that I would not be able to progress much further. I momentarily let go of Wizard101 until 2020, in which I played briefly (possibly for only a few days) and then now, in which I have purchased a membership and invested quite a bit of my free time into leveling up and exploring the new worlds.

At the moment, I have a necromancer wizard that is at level 47. I have completed Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone and Mooshu in full, (including the side quests) begun Dragonspyre, chickened out of Dragonspyre, and then proceeded to begin working on Wysteria. I have encountered multiple helpful players and I've made so many friends that have helped me out through tough battles and with just questing in general. I am eternally grateful for their help and kindness -- thank you to everyone who's ever given me a hand!

I'm absolutely thrilled to begin my journey within the forums and to continue my trek through the Spiral!

Best wishes,
Brit

Sarai DawnGlade, 47
& Vanessa StormHaven, 1
Welcome Brit to the community forums! Sounds like you've had a fantastic Wizardly adventure so far. I can't wait to hear about it as you explore Karamelle soon!

Survivor
Sep 25, 2020
Sparck on Oct 12, 2020 wrote:
Welcome Brit to the community forums! Sounds like you've had a fantastic Wizardly adventure so far. I can't wait to hear about it as you explore Karamelle soon!
Thank you so much! I'll make sure to update you in the future I very much appreciate the warm welcome!

Survivor
Nov 17, 2020
Hi my name is Galen Lion Dreamer. I played this game about 4 years ago and I really missed it. I am surprised of how much I have forgotten. I can't figure out how to get a spell card to draw in battle. It may take me sometime to learn my way around. That's okay it will be fun. I am a quiet person and it may take me awhile to get friends. Well I am on my way back to Wizard City. This place is so much fun

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
Survivor
Feb 23, 2019
I'm not new at all, but welcome to the spiral new wizards! I hope you have a great time! The game is very worth playing!

Lail Sun, 130

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
hi im not at all new to the game but thought i would introduce myself i am kevin drakewalker i have one max wizard and two 130 wizards my favorite school is fire as i made my first wizard 11 years ago who was fire he is my only max level at the moment my other two wizard that are 130 is my death and my storm im currently working on a life who i started last week who is level 43 now.

Explorer
Mar 04, 2018
Area51Alien on Jul 26, 2018 wrote:
So what classifies as "new"?

Those of us who have been here a while don't get to introduce ourselves?

Steven Ghoststalker
You could say I am still new, if you compare me to people who have been playing longer than me, of which there are many.

Ok, my player’s name is: Rebecca Stormrider. Level 90. Just started Khrysalis. That’s about it.

Explorer
Mar 04, 2018
Gabrielle Dreamsto... on Aug 6, 2018 wrote:
Hmmm I'm a returning player. Started back in 2008 as a storm but kinda quit in 2009. I've came back in 2016 after seeing the wizard101 commercial (actually forgot about the game before seeing it). Became hooked on the game once again and maxed out my storm within a month after coming back. Decided to make another character (life and almost done with her). I don't stay on wiz as much as I use but when I do get on, I'm usually lurking in the commons, farming for codes wands, gardening, or questing on life lol

Gabrielle Dreamstone
Rylee Rainbiwcaster
Wow! You’ve been playing since 2008?! That’s so cool! If I had been playing that long, I would have maxed out my character by now! Since you are almost done with your Life wizard, good luck with finishing her!

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
just trying to see when i started playing

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
xRoseee on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
Hi I'm Laura Rose. I'm an journeyman thaumaturge and I'm on my way to Krok. I'm here for advice on how to become a master of ice! If you have any tips which would help me like gear and pets I would be very grateful. Thanks!
I know this is 2 years later but use Mount Olympus gear if you already have not

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Blizz252 on Aug 16, 2020 wrote:
Hi!

I play Ice and Life, but Ice and Death has the benefit of Feint, which will help your damage quite a bit (Ice has the lowest in the game, we're a tank school)

Personally I would train up to feint, make sure you get elemental blade/traps - though I am unsure if you will have enough points to train to get Satyr.
its tanky but its had high damage output unlike fire it will do about 80 percent of fires damage in one turn, thats good life is the lowers it goes something like this
1 storm
2 myth
3 fire or death
4 balance
5 ice
6 death, number 3 for damage spells, 6 for drain
7 life

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Hello there. I and my wife have been playing this game since it's first month online. As a matter of fact, that is how we met was here, two of our characters and later in person. Anyway that is not what brought me here....I would like to know if there is a game controller that can connect to our computers that would allow us to play instead of the arrow keys for movement? Have worn out the arrow keys on two laptops over the years and would like to find something that would serve for movement and "X-ing". Hope someone can assist.....have fun playing people.

Administrator
JayJay1941 on Mar 9, 2021 wrote:
Hello there. I and my wife have been playing this game since it's first month online. As a matter of fact, that is how we met was here, two of our characters and later in person. Anyway that is not what brought me here....I would like to know if there is a game controller that can connect to our computers that would allow us to play instead of the arrow keys for movement? Have worn out the arrow keys on two laptops over the years and would like to find something that would serve for movement and "X-ing". Hope someone can assist.....have fun playing people.
Welcome to the forums veteran Wizards! I love hearing couple stories like this, thank you for sharing.

We don't officially support game controllers, but it's possible there are some out there that still work with the game. Hopefully someone will have a suggestion for you!

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
JayJay1941 on Mar 9, 2021 wrote:
If you are playing on Windows, there are many software programs that will bind your controller buttons to keyboard buttons so that you can play non-controller supported games with a controller.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2021
my wizard is named James Drake He is the secret son of malistaire that he never knew he had but in the end there will be a father-son duel to the death which will lead to a misunderstanding that will be a tearful moment between them

Survivor
Mar 28, 2021
Hey guys! I haven't been on in years and sadly I forgot my account. I was at a really high level and all that money I spent on it and time to on it has been a waste. Anyways, I'm glad to be back! The name is Vero. I'm now a Death Wizard :)

Survivor
Jun 21, 2015
Hi! Im a beginning fire wizard currently in Krokotopia! Just wanted to say hello and that this game is very fun!

Survivor
Apr 09, 2021
Am new, am a ol'man IRL just started playing.Been gaming awhile in bigger MMo's but finding having hard time slower reflexes, and hand shakes alot so this game good have time to choose what am gonna do. ZLiving in assisstant living dont get out much (even before covid haha) so looking for new game played couple hrs for free and now sub. my chr name is Dakota Moonrider in death school and enjoying the game.