Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do you battle a rank 10 boss?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Why do you all of a sudden fight a WAY too hard boss after fighting kind of easy guys?
Plus he has over 3 times as much health as me.
Is it possible to do it without feint?(I am balance and fire)
Why can't they just have a dude with only like less than 3,000 health?

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Are u talking about youkai or the jade Oni? Both weren't too much trouble for me

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Jade ONI of course!
What level were you, and did you solo him?
None of my friends want to go with me and the level 72 guys or whatever wanting to get a new spell or whatever say "no" when I join the signal.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
MadisonWinterHorn on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
Jade ONI of course!
What level were you, and did you solo him?
None of my friends want to go with me and the level 72 guys or whatever wanting to get a new spell or whatever say "no" when I join the signal.
Ummmm not sure but around 35-42 I think. And what school are u? I believe I read one of your posts one day and if i remember correctly you were ? I used my mander minion of course.he shielded me while I bladed and healed (i trained as my second school so I had satyrs but tc works fine as well) I think I used sprite sometimes, and I hydraed him with balance blade and elemental traps and blades. You can also buy those tc for them at bazaar so you can use both at same time. I judgement on him a few times and my minion attacked him a bit, which made the ONI want to attack him and waste his pips.you could even use a tc for a higher ranked spell from ur school. I used medusa tc for a boss in dragonsypre on my myth wizard . Good luck !! And sry if I got your school wrong. Respond if I'm wrong and I will try to remember what I did on my other wizards. I don't have ice though ... U can try standing in the commons and asking people for help

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Thank you, yes I am and I got one of my friends to teleport to me so I am in dragonspear now!

Squire
May 10, 2013
Don't worry, Jade Oni or Youkai or Malistare (etc.) Won't Cast a Spinysaur or Gnomes on you!
Just because their "Rank 10 Boss" does not mean they will do that. Undying Malistare can Avenging Fossil

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
I found why you battle a rank 10 boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are preparing you for dragonspyre where almost all of the enemys have more health then you.

Squire
May 10, 2013
MadisonWinterHorn on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
I found why you battle a rank 10 boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are preparing you for dragonspyre where almost all of the enemys have more health then you.
Wrong

The reason is why the world has sooooo much fighting there, the last boss has so much health!

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
PlayHard101 on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
Wrong

The reason is why the world has sooooo much fighting there, the last boss has so much health!
I do not get your point.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
MadisonWinterHorn on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
I do not get your point.
I think what it is here is that instead of making a long drawn out dungeon they combined it all in to Jade Oni. Big Ben was a pretty good work out.

Realize from here on in ending instances will not be much easier. You will have to be on your toes to do Malistaire, Trial of Spheres, Mirror Lake which requires others that help have or had completed the quest no porting in, even if you are defeated you can't just port back in, etc.

Look at Jade Oni as preparing you for things to come also. DS does have it's fair share of high health bosses here and there.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Now I get what you mean and I agree with you.