Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest "To the Great Beyond"

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
this quest directs you to light three candles in the burial mound to pass through the spirit portal to defeat Tomugawa. The candles are in the lower section of the mound where the central room is. There is a Burial Ground Tablet there as well.

You light the candles by touching them and typing "X". After all three are lit, a misty portal appears in the middle of the room. I pass through it. Nothing happens. After a brief time, the candles go out and the portal disappears. There is no Tomugawa there.

I've tried lighting the candles in every possible combination. It isn't clear if we're to pass through portal from one direction or the other.

This appears to be the final quest in the Ancient Burial Ground area. I haven't been directed to go anywhere else in Mooshu other than seeking the oysters and books, so I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Does anyone know the solution to this?
:?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
When you light the three candles and approach the portal, the interactive menu shows. Press X to go through the portal.

When you arrive, the portal is behind you, and Tomugawa the Evil is in the room ahead, although you can't see him from where you are. You need to go straight forward into the room, and he'll appear.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Grimely wrote:
this quest directs you to light three candles in the burial mound to pass through the spirit portal to defeat Tomugawa. The candles are in the lower section of the mound where the central room is. There is a Burial Ground Tablet there as well. You light the candles by touching them and typing "X". After all three are lit, a misty portal appears in the middle of the room. I pass through it. Nothing happens. After a brief time, the candles go out and the portal disappears. There is no Tomugawa there. I've tried lighting the candles in every possible combination. It isn't clear if we're to pass through portal from one direction or the other. This appears to be the final quest in the Ancient Burial Ground area. I haven't been directed to go anywhere else in Mooshu other than seeking the oysters and books, so I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Does anyone know the solution to this? :?
when you say 'pass through it', are you walking in its direction till you're on the other side of it? if that's what you're doing, instead try this - stand at where the portal is for a few seconds. it should transport you to the spirit world then. i don't remember if you need to press x at it or not, but that's worth a try, too. if those don't work, try logging out then back in and try it again. if none of this works, maybe someone else has a different idea...

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
I solved this on my own the same day I reported it. It was one of those annoying times when the messages "Press X to ...." just didn't pop up. It's happened to me before. In this case, there was no message to press x to light the candles and there was no message to press x to enter the spirit world.

In the Tree of Life portal, I did see the messages to press x to light the candles and to enter the spirit world. So, I presume those same messages should have shown up in the tomb portal.

It's annoying. In the earlier dialogue when you are told how to open the portal, the directions said simply to walk through which helped to confuse me.