Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can I get more info on faction vendors?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
the way I see it, a faction vendor will only sell you certain items if you have completed certain quest for them, defeating monsters mostly. I don't know if completing a quest for the faction vendor means you can't get gear from an opposing faction vendor (though I highly doubt it) but I am curious about that, I also want to know if specialized reagents from these faction vendors along with the new antique system could allow for more unique recipes for crafted gear. Meaning I want to know if crafted gear will ever be able to approach dungeon gear, or if a system could be in place to merge dungeon gear with new crafting recipes to get better gear like on Olympus (except when the gear does worse seriously why?). So in conclusion I want more info on faction vendors and I want to know if crafted gear can start to approach dungeon gear in terms of quality in the near future.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I've noticed that you need to quest for a bit until you can check what they sell. Once you can, you need badges to buy the items they sell. To get that badge you need to defeat 50 or 100 of a certain mob. Some items which a faction vendor sells may require a different badge. To get the mount & house you need to defeat 100. For the gear & wand 50. ( This applies to all faction vendors )
About crafted gear reaching the level of dungeon gear, Maybe in the future. But as of now, I don't think so. I hoped this helped. I really couldn't explain faction vendors in a neat manner but I tried.
- Shelby Nightbreeze level 116 death wizard

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
You need to obtain certain badges to be able to purchase things from the faction vendors which involves killing 50 to 100 creatures (depending on what you want to buy.)

If you complete all the badges in Mirage you can purchase for any faction vendor you like. So having one vendor open does not preclude you from opening another.