Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Certain Schools fizzling more?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
I have noticed that balance life and death spells have been fizzling more was this suppose to happen after the update?

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I believe it has to do with how powerful the school is. When you look at the level 1 cards here is what you see (according to wands not the trained cards) :

Card - Hits - % times NOT fizzled

Scarab - 80-120 - 85%
Thunder Snake - 125-165 - 70%
Frost Beetle - 75-115 - 80%
Fire Cat - 95-135 - 75%
Dark Sprite - 80-120 - 85%
Blood Bat - 85-125 - 80%
Imp - 80-120 - 90%

Thunder Snake, as you can see, hits the highest but is more likely to fizzle.
Frost Bettle hits the lowest but is more likely to not fizzle.
It is not exact but it's about right. Ice Wizards have a bonus so it might just be a little less chance of fizzling because of their large amout of health. So all of the schools are pretty balanced.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i have noticed too, my necomancer friend was fizzleing twice as much as he used to, we lost a couple pvp matches because of that :x

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
lol i have noticed. Today while i was fighting monsters in ds i noticed that my death spells fizzled more than usually which is really rare cause i hardly ever fizzle.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Actually no, all school should have their share of fizzles :) and usually when a school fizzles, its probably just you not having luck. if you have a pixie fizzling, then you obviously know you have a fizzle bug.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I have not noticed this by school, but I have seen it by spell. In particular, Seraph seems to be fizzling at far more than a 10% rate - more like 20-25%. Has been this way for a month or so.

All my other life spells seem to be about on schedule. I do see significant, highly improbable streaks though, with chances in the 1:1,000 and even 1:10,000 range, and they occur more often than 1:10,000 sessions!

Patrick Summergrove
Lv 43 Life

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Defender
Aug 02, 2008
ShockerTheMenace wrote:
I have noticed that balance life and death spells have been fizzling more was this suppose to happen after the update?

Add in Ice (the school that fizzles the most), Storm and Fire schools they all a high fizzle rates. Even more so now sense the update.

There is also a pip bug in that you cast any high pip card Hydra for example,
on any Mob or Boss and your team mate also targets the same Mob or Boss
AND KILLS it before you get the chance to cast your card, You USED to
just loose the card from being played but NOW you loose all the pips as well! Please fix this bug and put the fizzle rate back to where it was before the update. gesh this is not the test server.