Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life school needs more powerful spells!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I do NOT agree. Each school has traits that make it match up with the other schools so if life had many good healing spells and powerful attacking spells it would be unfair. - Fredlegendwraith level 46 master conjurer

Current Quest world:Dragonspyre

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
About the only good attack spell Life has is Centaur and even that's not much and you need to be a really high level to get it and it costs SO MUCH PIPS that you could rarely use it because by the time you get enough pips you would be dead already. And it has the amount of damage of a low level other school spell.(Sorry I can't explain it good ). Also a lot of times I have a lack of attack spells and I heal myself but then the enemy does a crazy good attack spell on me and I die. Most of the time I have to do my secondary school spells and it takes FOREVER to get enough pips. Also they should improve the spell "Sanctuary" because it only improves healing life spells but with all of the other ones, it improves the school's attack spells.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1find1 wrote:
About the only good attack spell Life has is Centaur and even that's not much and you need to be a really high level to get it and it costs SO MUCH PIPS that you could rarely use it because by the time you get enough pips you would be dead already. And it has the amount of damage of a low level other school spell.(Sorry I can't explain it good ). Also a lot of times I have a lack of attack spells and I heal myself but then the enemy does a crazy good attack spell on me and I die. Most of the time I have to do my secondary school spells and it takes FOREVER to get enough pips. Also they should improve the spell "Sanctuary" because it only improves healing life spells but with all of the other ones, it improves the school's attack spells.

You must be doing something wrong with your Centaur spell. One of my current wizards is a low 30s level Life wizard but get asked to help in DS all the time. I am actually more effective than the level 40s...due to Centaur and a wise choice of secondary spells. As to casting a six pip spell, it takes 3-4 rounds normally (1st round extra wand/staff pip, and four round of pip/powerpip at 40+%) but extrnded due to casting spirit blade and feint. Life blade, spirit blade, life trap, spirit trap, feint and Centaur make a powerful combo. Life is also healing teammates as needed.

Most of the time you can count on your foes doing ~100 damage per pip. Facing two foes, this gives you ten rounds to kill them off, or better, kill one off in 5 rounds, heal, then another 5 rounds to defeat the other. Nothing more exciting than casting a 6 pip Dryad when you have less than 50 health left. Walking the line :) is a fun way to go.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2008
I COMPLETELY AGREE I Solo like you mentioned in yours and i just try to beef up my attacks enough to do some damage using blades and traps but after I finally am ready to attack i have to use my pips to heal. So here are a few ideas I have to use as higher lvl attack spells for Life. Please tell me what ya think.

1. Pegasus: lvl: 38? Using a Rainbow similar to Leprechaun it swoops down flutters and then proceeds to ram him or kick something like that. Damage like 700? pip count: 7

2. (Personal favorite) Griffin: lvl: 40-45? spawns in a meadow similar to a satyr's uses an Eagles call then lunges and scratches the target or fly up and dive bombs target.

Darkblaze83
Thomas EarthStrider
Level 31 Magus Theurgist
Current questing world: Marleybone

I DONT THINK SO DARKBLAZE83!!!!!!!!!!

No no no no no! Storm has the high damage spells! Maybe next time but life is WEAK. The only thing its good for are the nooby trainers that heal themselves and others 1000 times in battle!
Life will always be for noobs and never get a good attack spell! (Key word GOOD) SO STOP TRYING

Survivor
Mar 28, 2011
No they dont actually. If you want powerful spells you should pick a school more focues on attacks then healings. If life got stronger spells it would be the cheapest school there is. "Life" it says it in the name its a healing school not a damaging one

Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
Slushie3704 wrote:
Hey KingsIsle,
I would like to make one request to improve this game. There are many, many high-damage spells of every school

Life: Rebirth - 650 heal+400 absorb to all friends
Fire: Fire Dragon - 440+351 over rounds
Ice: Frost Giant - 475+Stun all enemies
Myth: Orthrus - 50 and 650
Death: Scarecrow - 400 to all enemies, returns half health from each
Storm: 690 to all enemies+Stun all enemies
Balance: Hydra - 190 fire, ice, and storm

Sorry if any of these cards are incorrect, as I have seen these spells cast very rarely, only once or twice.

I know that you will argue that Life can heal, and their Accuracy is 90%, higher than the fire's 75%, storm's 70%, and so on.

However, I believe that Life should have more powerful spells. Most of their spells are about healing. It actually gets quite annoying that the spells we learn from Quests are mainly just healing spells. Don't get me wrong, I see the advantage of having many different types of healing spells of all variety, but I believe that there is not enough powerful spells, especially the type that does damage to all enemies. Here are all the spells that do healing, from Life School:

Minor Blessing
Sprite
Fairy
Unicorn
Satyr
Regenerate
Rebirth
Dryad

The attack spells are:

Imp
Leprechaun
Nature's Wrath
Seraph
Centaur

As you can see, the healing spells outnumber the attacking spells.

You might also argue that in the game, different schools were made so that different wizards could work together as a team, and the whole point of being a Life student was to give life, or to heal. Well, if I am a loner (which I am not, but some Life students may be!) then it would be extremely difficult to solo the game, especially when monsters have high hit points. Although I may die less easily, it would take a while to defeat them.

There may be a few more points, but I really, really wish you could add something that damages all emenies for Life school. Thank you so much for reading and considering this!

~Slushie3704
Amber Pixiefountain
Level 41 Master Theurgist
Current Questing World: MooShu
:)

i think that life spell should really have more damage spells because fire,ice,storm,myth.balance and death they have lots of powerful spell and i have a friend who has a life wizard and he is annoyed because life has too many healing spell and not enough damage spells.