Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents in the Shared Bank

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I posted this previously in the Crafting discussion board, but thought it might be better placed here for the administration to see when they're looking for suggestions.

What I would like to see for reagents is the ability to put them in the shared bank so that if I have a surplus of something on one character, but have a need for that item on another, I can move it around to equalize the supply/demand chain, even if it's only between my own six characters.

I have done this with furniture items and clothing/weaponry; I don't see why it should be such a big stretch to be able to include reagents. I think most people who play Wizard101 have more than one character, and it seems odd to me to restrict movement of items between one's own characters.

I know that the gear and furniture sections of the backpack are completely different areas than where reagents are stored, and likewise for treasure cards, but if they can all be cycled through in the Bazaar, then it's not such a stretch to include the sections in the Shared Bank.

This becomes especially important to consider when you think about the crafting quests that require upwards of 50 of a single reagent to complete crafting the quest items when these reagents are rare spawns and hard to find.

It's just my opinion, but does seem to be a good idea, at least for development consideration. Thanks for all the time and work you guys put into this game. 8)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Perhaps a subscriber-only or a crown item that a character can purchase to store goods? If more than one of his characters has one they pool.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
cherrii951 wrote:
I posted this previously in the Crafting discussion board, but thought it might be better placed here for the administration to see when they're looking for suggestions.

What I would like to see for reagents is the ability to put them in the shared bank so that if I have a surplus of something on one character, but have a need for that item on another, I can move it around to equalize the supply/demand chain, even if it's only between my own six characters.

I have done this with furniture items and clothing/weaponry; I don't see why it should be such a big stretch to be able to include reagents. I think most people who play Wizard101 have more than one character, and it seems odd to me to restrict movement of items between one's own characters.

I know that the gear and furniture sections of the backpack are completely different areas than where reagents are stored, and likewise for treasure cards, but if they can all be cycled through in the Bazaar, then it's not such a stretch to include the sections in the Shared Bank.

This becomes especially important to consider when you think about the crafting quests that require upwards of 50 of a single reagent to complete crafting the quest items when these reagents are rare spawns and hard to find.

It's just my opinion, but does seem to be a good idea, at least for development consideration. Thanks for all the time and work you guys put into this game. 8)

Add in the ability to put GOLD into the shared bank! :P :P :P :P :P

Survivor
May 31, 2009
As I stated on this person's previous post I think this is a wonderful idea about sharing cafting items as well as the gold they collect in their shared bank. I have several different wizards in different areas that can get the different crafting items. It is annoying that my grand needs like scrap iron so I have to take her BACK to marley bone just to get it when I have two wizards already in that area working.

As for the gold, I have a stash on my grand that I will never use because I do not see a point in having a castle, some people like the idea but I do not because I am out doing quest with friends or in the arena. So the gold just sits there. Yes I use it to buy treasure cards at times which I trade to my husband to give to my other wizards (which would be nice to be able to do per the shared bank also).

So I am totally for the idea of the shared bank being used for more than just the clothes and the housing items.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I also like the idea. I would love to share reagents among my wizards. Right now, one of them is rolling in stone blocks. I had another that got a crafting quest that needed 75 stone blocks. I had some with that wizard, but spent about an hour farming to get the last 20 or so I need for the quest. It would have been nice to simply put some in my shared bank and save me time.